Solide - Solidity Database

Oh wow :astonished:
Using bytecode available on any EVM-based chain to give smart contract information appears interesting.
So, given the vast range of blockchain ecosystems available, how does the Solide Project prioritize which chains to integrate and support within the Solide IDE?

1 Like

Sure, I’ve updated the post to provide more information on how the Database works. Essentially, we store the contract metadata on BTFS and then utilize that data to store it in a smart contract on TRON. This approach effectively reduces the amount stored on-chain, saving gas and contract space, as we only store the CID from BTFS. Hence the primary information about the smart contract will be stored with BTFS, including the source code, compiler, etc., while the output is stored as a lookup in a smart contract on the TRON network.

This makes it very effective for nearly all smart contracts, whether verified or unverified. For verified smart contracts, the Solidity Database is not necessary. However, since most smart contracts are unverified, this Database provides a transparent feature that allows developers or users to access information about unverified smart contracts that they otherwise would not have access to. As for accessibility, you can read Solide - Solidity Database - #41 by manfred_jr,

Thank you! Glad I can participate in the hackathon. :heart:

1 Like

We try to cover a wide range of chains, from the most established (Ethereum, TRON, etc) to the emerging ones. You can find the full list in the docs, we continuously add new ones to ensure coverage. As for prioritization, we believe in community-driven decision making. Therefore, we encourage our users to contribute by either creating an issue to request a chain or submitting a PR.

Hi, welcome to s6 and want to know that is this project is ready ? as all details are up to date.

1 Like

Hi, Thanks for the welcome. The project is nearing completion. We have deployed everything and the information is a draft of what’s to be complete for the hackathon submission. I’ll be slower adding many missing features, and UI changes to make the explorer more simple and also add a bit more explanation to the explorer in to the post.

1 Like

Welcome to hackaTRONs6 ! What I understand from your submission is with Solide developer can find understand and work with smart contract. I am looking forward to see a demo video for this project to understand how it works better. Good luck to you !

1 Like