Swirl Ads. - The decentralised ad platform that puts privacy first, rewards publishers, and offers easy npm package integration. Say goodbye to invasive ads and hello to a better web experience

Project Name: SWIRL

Project Track: Defi Track

Team Member(s): @Shabari @shinchain

Team Name: Team Sudo

Dorahacks Project Link: SWIRL Ads. | Buidls | DoraHacks

Project Info:
SWIRL (2).pdf (2.8 MB)

Project Details:

The goal of SWIRL is to create a decentralized platform that serves as a marketplace for both advertisers and publishers. Our main objective is to build a platform that does not require the sharing of users’ data for displaying ads.

The platform aims to decentralize the advertising industry, creating a more equitable and transparent ecosystem where advertisers and publishers can interact without the need for intermediaries. By doing so, we want to foster a more direct relationship between content creators and advertisers, making it easier for advertisers to find the right audience for their products and services and for publishers to monetize their content without compromising users’ privacy.

To achieve this, SWIRL will leverage blockchain technology to create a decentralized marketplace that allows publishers to choose the ads to be shown on their platform. Advertisers will bid on ad placements using BTTC or other cryptocurrencies, and publishers will receive a share of the revenue generated by these ads in the form of BTTC based on the total number of clicks.

Unlike traditional advertising platforms, SWIRL will not require users to share their personal data or browsing history with advertisers. Instead, SWIRL will use algorithms and data analytics to analyze users’ behaviours and preferences based on their interactions with the platform. This approach allows for more accurate targeting while preserving users’ privacy.

In summary, SWIRL aims to revolutionize the advertising industry by creating a decentralized platform that does not require the sharing of users’ data for displaying ads, while allowing advertisers and publishers to interact more directly and transparently, using BTTC or other cryptocurrencies as the currency for transactions. Publishers will have the freedom to choose which ads to display on their platform, and they will be rewarded based on the total number of clicks generated by those ads. Users will have complete control over their data privacy, and their data will not be shared with advertisers.

Project Goal:

1. Develop and launch a beta version of the SWIRL platform, with basic features such as ad serving, revenue-sharing, and payment processing.

2. Establish partnerships with leading publishers and advertisers to ensure a steady flow of ad inventory and demand for the SWIRL platform.

3. Implement a reward system for publishers based on the total number of clicks generated by their ads, to incentivize them to display relevant and engaging ads.

4. Conduct a comprehensive security audit of the SWIRL platform, to identify and address potential vulnerabilities and ensure the platform’s integrity and confidentiality.

5. Develop a user-friendly and intuitive interface for the SWIRL platform, with features such as ad targeting and reporting, to enable advertisers and publishers to manage their campaigns and monitor their performance.

6. Test and optimize the platform’s performance and scalability, by conducting load testing and benchmarking, and by fine-tuning the platform’s infrastructure and codebase.

7. Participate in blockchain and advertising events, to showcase the SWIRL platform, network with potential partners and investors, and stay up-to-date with the latest trends and developments in the industry.

Project Website: https://swirl-ad.vercel.app/

Project Screenshots:

Project Test Instructions:

1. Register as an Advertiser or Publisher: After connecting with Metamask, you will be directed to the Swirl onboarding page where you can register as an advertiser or publisher. If you are an advertiser, select the “Advertiser” option and fill out the required information. If you are a publisher, select the “Publisher” option and fill out the required information.

1. Advertiser Dashboard: Once you have registered as an advertiser, you will be directed to your advertiser dashboard. Here, you can deposit funds into your Swirl account by clicking on the “Deposit” button. Once you have funds in your account, you can begin creating campaigns.

2. Create Campaign: To create a campaign, click on the “Create Campaign” button on your advertiser dashboard. You will be directed to a page where you can fill out the required fields. These fields include the campaign name, target audience, ad format, ad budget, and campaign duration.

3. Track Campaign: After creating your campaign, you can track its progress by clicking on the “Campaigns” tab on your advertiser dashboard. Here, you can see metrics such as impressions, clicks, and conversions.

1. Generate Token: As a publisher, you will need to generate a token for integration with Swirl. The token generation process is simple and easy to follow. The token will be based on your interests, and it will be used to track your revenue.

2. Install Swirl SDK Package: After generating your token, you will need to install the Swirl SDK package on your website. This will allow you to import the campaign list from Swirl and start earning revenue from ads.

3. Add API Token: To complete the integration process, you will need to create an instance for the token and add your API token to the code. This can be done by copying the API token from your dashboard and pasting it into the code.

4. Withdraw Funds: As a publisher, you can withdraw your funds based on clicks after reaching the threshold limit. This threshold limit can be set by you, and it ensures that you are paid fairly for your efforts.

Smart Contract links: Contract Address 0x32158bdCEC4F45687365a6cC9F291635Daf8b32B | BTTC

Smart Contract Mainnet links:

Project Milestones:

Milestone 1:

1. Creating the landing page and integrating using Rainbow Kit.
  2. Creating a smart contract and deploying it in BTTC.
  3. Designing onboard page, Advertisers Module and Publishers module.
  4. Integrating the smart contract with every page.
  5. Creating SDK to integrate with the application.

Milestone 2:

1. Creating proper documentation for the application.
  2. Improving the UI and UX.
  3. Making the SDK more functional by adding more features.
62 Likes

Welcome to Grand hackathon S4, I wish your project and the team best of luck, do you have a token for your platform or are you planning to create a token for the platform in the future?

11 Likes

Hello Swirl Ads you welcome to
TRON HACKATHON S4
All the best.

While waiting for more details
Coming soon, I will say and ask the following:-

First, good concept for your project
Decentralized platform that serves as
a marketplace for both
advertisers and publishers.

The mind-blowing part is objective
Of building a platform that does not require the sharing of users’ data for displaying ads.

For what I know, we users received ads on our phone based our browsing history.
Which could be directly Bor indirectly access to users privacy.

I believe your project is well vested to solve that.

My question:-

Q. SWIRL will use algorithms and data analytics to analyze users’ behaviours and preferences based on their interactions with the platform.
How will this be done without tracking or collecting users behaviour data to display ads?

Q. Would your project social media pages be coming soon?
Twitter, Telegram etc?

Q. Implement a reward system for publishers based on the total number of clicks generated by their ads, to incentivize them to display relevant and engaging ads.

• How will the reward incentive be measured per ads clicks for publishers?

• How will the incentives be shared between the project, publisher and users?

• How will the users watching and clicking ads get to benefit?

More questions coming soon( within 10th April)

8 Likes

Thank you @Nweke-nature1.com for being the first person to comment on our project :grinning: . Currently, we don’t have any plans to create a token but we will be creating one for sure.

2 Likes

You choose the name Swirl. What is the meaning of that related to your project??

1 Like

I believe Swirl Ads will make use these
Maybe not to create their own token

@jenny-shah we don’t believe in choosing a platform name that has more to do with its features. Instead, creating a platform which has the potential to grow with its name. For example “TRON” has nothing to do with the word TRON. There are also chances that we might change the name of the platform if required, later.

2 Likes

Thank you for the kudos and quick response to my question, I really appreciate,… wish you all the best

2 Likes

Hi @Gordian, Thanks for showing interest in our project. Appreciate it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Q. SWIRL will use algorithms and data analytics to analyze users’ behaviours and preferences based on their interactions with the platform.
How will this be done without tracking or collecting users’ behaviour data to display ads?

Talking about the user data, we are not taking their private information. We will be tracking the clicks and page visits made by the users in the platform integrated using Swirl-SDK.

3 Likes

You welcome
Thanks for Swirl response

1 Like

Welcome season 4!! Wish you all the best :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Welcome welcome to Season 4 !! I look forward to the website you will upload :orange_heart:

2 Likes

Welcome season 4. All the best !! :pray:

1 Like

Thank you @Boyana @Simonnn @Pierrreee :grinning:

You are welcome do #hackatron S4.
I like this project. I have seen a lot out there rewarding both advertisers and visitors too.
With what I am talking about, you perform some tasks like viewing ads and others and get reward.
But I believe yours is different because you are going to reward only advertisers and publishers. Please clarify that for me.
Thank you
Wishing you all the best

6 Likes

Bienvenido a este S4, su proyecto parece interesante y toca uno de los temas más actuales de interés, la privacidad, y la controvertida editor con publicidad.
Agradecería fuera un poco más extenso en como se generarán ingresos de ambas partes.Gracias

3 Likes

Welcome to Season 4.

What are the potential drawbacks of Swirl Ads?

2 Likes

Welcome to HackaTron Season 4, the project idea looks promising.
As the platform is not tracking user data, how relevant will the advertisement be?

4 Likes

Welcome to Season 4! All the best to “Team Sudo”. I like the project’s idea. I am curious to see the website.

2 Likes