Eventify - Onboarding Web2 users with NFT Tickets

Project Name: Eventfiy
Project Track: NFT
Team Name: GlenX
Team Member(s): 2, @anshss @rahulkathuriaaa
Dorahacks Project Link: Eventify | Buidls | DoraHacks
Project Goal: To make event ticketing a seamless experience for web2 users.
Project Info: Pitch Deck
Project Website: eventifyv1.vercel.app

Project Test Instructions:

1. Sign in to the Dapp using Gmail
  2. Go to active events
  3. Select any event from the list and click on the buy link
  4. Enter the card details given in Navbar and press checkout
  5. Check on Eventify dashboard for the Nft Ticket

Project Details: Eventify is a cutting-edge NFT ticketing platform that prioritizes an exceptional user interface and experience. Like other popular Web2 platforms, users can log in using their Google credentials and purchase NFT tickets with their credit cards or Google Pay. After completing their transaction, users receive an email receipt with detailed information. This seamless process not only enhances the user experience but also encourages user adoption.

Individuals can also host their own events on the platform for a nominal hosting fee. This fee is in place to prevent event spam and to finance relay contracts that cover all gas fees on the platform. These NFTs can also be used to verify users and provide access not only to offline events but also to online token-gated meetings.

Although the platform’s frontend provides a familiar Web2 interface, the backend relies on the BitTorrent chain. We have utilized MPC wallets to enable web2 logins like Gmail to sign users up. Every time a new user signs up, a new private key is generated, which is split into three parts and stored in different locations. Since there are no Web3 wallets exposed to the user, they are not required to pay any gas fees. When an event is hosted, a specific number of ERC1155 NFTs are minted. These NFTs can be purchased by other users with their credit cards.

Overall, Eventify offers a secure, user-friendly, and efficient platform for hosting and attending events via NFTs.

Smart Contract links: 0x4e7eaaecb3E7034866ad8D7d26d9612fC749eED1
Project Milestones: (done) 14-04-23 - live project

Github link: GitHub - Eventifyy/hackatron
Video link: Eventify - YouTube

6 Likes

Bienvenido a este S4.

1 Like

Welcome onboard to the Grand hackathon season 4 , wish you all the best :handshake:

2 Likes

Welcome to S4
Wishing you all the best
Keep working

1 Like

Greetings @anshss ! Your project seems to be missing details on:

Project Info:
Project Website:
Smart Contract Links:
Project Milestones:

Please add them to your project. Thank you!

Welcome to Season 4 !! Good luck :tada:

1 Like

Welcome to this Hackathon, I wish you luck

1 Like

Nice concept. So if i read right, purchasing a ticket using your platform is gas free since there is no web3 wallet exposed to the user.

3 Likes

Yes, that would be gas free as no wallet is involved

1 Like

Wow this is really great, i hope there are no other hidden charges

2 Likes

Hi
Of i should get your project correctly you plan on using nfts as tickets for events?

2 Likes

Online event ticket is one of the means to acquire event tickets without going through stress. It’s a great initiative…

2 Likes

Hi @anshss, welcome to S4 and thank you for joining!

I had a few questions about Eventify:

1. Would you mind telling me more about how the MPC wallets ensures security for the users?

2. How do you plan to handle any potential issues with ticket scalping or fraudulent ticket sales on your platform?

Do you know whats funny? I once had this idea, if youve heard of NFT_ng they were building something similar, so NFTs are being used for party tickets? amaziing. My question is what happens after the event?
Great work by the way, i love the idea am rooting for you regardless

3 Likes

Yes, we provide Nfts for tickets. But the concern is for the user, from this platform users can buy nfts or host events that mint nfts all without the need for any web wallet.

The feature is not the tickets but users can come to the platform buy tickets with fiat and host events by giving a sign with Gmail itself instead of a web wallet. We focus on making it simpler for user onboarding. After the event, people can create token-gated communities or however, the host wants to be.

2 Likes

Good project but it sounds centralized

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification, good job and good luck on your submission. Wishing you the best.

2 Likes

A contract in the backend handles all the user’s authentication stuff in a decentralized manner. But in order to make it more user-friendly in order to process fiat payments we use a centralized backend. So this makes this project a partially centralized project where core is decentralized

1 Like