Web3

Team Name
Cedro 3.0

Team Members
6, primary contact @chumschat

DevPost Project Link
In progress

Project Goal
Chums is a Matrix-based messenger that combines secure, decentralized communication with Web3 functionality. It offers:

• End-to-end encrypted messaging, file sharing, and voice/video calls
  • Sending and receiving tokens directly in chats
  • Real-time notifications from blockchain applications
  • Private NFT clubs, for example, for Sunswap V3 NFT holders
  • Built-in browser supporting Web3 domains for dApp interactions
  • Matrix account linking with Web3 domains for easier cross-network discovery

The messenger’s functionality adapts based on the specific features of each supported blockchain.

Currently, Chums has bridges to Everscale, Venom (Telegram Virtual Machine), and Ethereum (Ethereum Virtual Machine) blockchains. For each, dedicated Matrix servers have been deployed to unite their respective communities.

Our project aims to create a comprehensive integration between Chums and the TRON blockchain. We seek to establish a single entry point for TRON users with minimal barriers, providing native access to blockchain features within the messaging environment.

The new TRON server will join the existing Web3 federation, facilitating community interaction across different blockchains and enabling the scaling of cross-chain mechanics.

Project Value
There are several key challenges hindering the Web3 adoption, particularly among those less familiar with blockchain technologies:

• Complex User Experience: UX in Web3 often prioritizes technicality over simplicity and user-friendliness, offering little tolerance for user errors.
  • Usability and Complexity Barriers: The complexity of Web3 interfaces and the requirement for interaction with multiple cryptographic keys and long addresses pose significant barriers for mainstream adoption.
  • Lack of Products for Business: The Web3 space lacks solutions for easy business integration, making it difficult for traditional entrepreneurs to consider Web3 as a key sales channel.
  • Fragmented Interoperability: The Web3 solutions are fragmented, with no interoperability across different blockchains and protocols.

Chums is an ecosystem aimed to simplify the common user’s access to Web3 technologies. With a user-friendly all-in-one interface, Chums offers secure communication, interaction with various blockchains, the use of decentralized applications (dApps), and execution of crypto-to-fiat transactions.

In August 2024, our team completed the integration with Unstoppable Domains, enabling our built-in browser to support a wide range of dApps in web3 domain zones such as .crypto, .nft, .dao, and others. This was achieved during the Web3 and AI Unstoppable Hackathon, where we emerged as the winners.

Project Info
At present, we have a set of investment materials available upon request, while publicly accessible materials including litepaper are currently under development.

Project Website
chums.chat

Project Test Instructions

1. Download the Chums app from one of the links below:
  1. Launch the app and select “everscale.chat” as your server. This server currently offers the most Web3 features.

2. Create an account or log in, then explore features like secure messaging, token transfers, and NFT clubs.

Note: As part of this hackathon, a dedicated TRON server will be deployed. We will provide additional instructions for accessing and testing TRON-specific features once the server is live.

Project Details
Chums offers various Web3 functionalities across Everscale, Venom, and Ethereum blockchains:

Everscale Venom Ethereum
Native dApps
1. Non-custodial wallet
- Fungible tokens + + +
- Non-fungible tokens (NFT) + + -
2. Token transfer + + +
3. Utility NFT
- NFT clubs + + -
- OpenAI bridge + - -
4. DApps notifications + + -
5. Native web3 domain + .ever - + .eth
External dApps
1. NFT marketplace In progress In progress -
2. DEX - - -
3. Bridge - - -

For the TRON integration, we propose to start with the following core features:

• Support for fungible tokens
  • Token transfer functionality

These features represent the minimum viable integration to showcase Chums’ potential within the TRON ecosystem. However, our vision extends beyond this initial implementation.

To maximize the value of Chums for the TRON community, we believe it’s crucial to align our development with the needs of existing TRON projects and users. We’d like to explore potential collaborations with key players in the TRON ecosystem, such as:

• NFT marketplace (APENFT)
  • Cross-chain bridge (BTTC Bridge)
  • DEX (SUN)
  • Lending platform (JustLend)

By collaborating with these projects and the TRON community, we can prioritize impactful features and ensure Chums becomes a valuable addition to the ecosystem.

Here are some screenshots of our app:

Project Milestones
Our Q3 2024 roadmap includes:
– Implementing advanced Matrix protocol features such as threaded conversations, voice messages, and group calls
– Developing an alternative Matrix account creation method using blockchain seed phrases
– Building a bridge to the TRON blockchain:

• Support for fungible tokens
  • Token transfer functionality

For future TRON integration phases, we aim to align our development with the ecosystem’s needs. We plan to collaborate with existing TRON projects and users to identify and prioritize features that will add the most value to the community.

This approach ensures that Chums becomes a valuable asset within the TRON ecosystem, addressing practical use cases and enhancing the overall user experience.

5 Likes

Welcome to this session 7, please I got this app from IOS. And is like I’m stuck here in registration.
Then another thing is, is the app recently built or already exiting before this hackathon?

2 Likes

While reading other unread projects. I just saw an old project that has same similarities with your project. You can correct me if I wrong.

Please will there be a chat group or social media presence for your project?

4 Likes

Hi! The login is case-sensitive. Change “R” to “r” and it should work :slight_smile: I recommend choosing the server everscale.chat

The public release of Chums took place in January 2024. Since then, we have released 28 updates, and the version with a test integration of TRON is about to be launched :slight_smile:

Of course! Our Telegram channel: Telegram: Contact @chumschat
We post changelogs and highlight new features there

From what I understand, Yinbox is an app for exchanging messages and transactions between blockchain wallets.

We’re doing something different. We’re making a messenger for users of the Matrix protocol. It’s a very popular protocol (~100 million users) because it’s private and decentralized (anyone can set up a server), and it provides all the necessary features for communication: chats, calls, conferences, threads…

We’re developing bridges that allow any server to connect to supported blockchains. In this case, you can connect a wallet in our app, after which, in addition to standard functions, Web3 functions will be enabled: online notifications, NFT groups, etc. There’s a browser that allows you to open dApps and make transactions in a couple of clicks.

So we’re approaching this from two angles:
– We’re giving Matrix users a “gateway” to the Web3 ecosystem. The entry barrier should be minimal.
– We’re providing the Web3 community with the ability for private communication with various on-chain and utility mechanics.

Sorry if this is a bit messy, it’s explained better in the post above :slight_smile:

Welcome to Hackathon Season 7, this is quite interesting.
I reckon one way to drive adoption and user engagement would be to create a tokenized rewards system for specific activities within the app, such as secure messaging, token transfers, or participation in NFT clubs, etc.
Would you explore a native token or reward mechanism to further incentivize usage and engagement?

1 Like

Yes, we are exploring this possibility. Primarily, we are focusing on three success stories:

– Telegram Stars – a seamless integration of tokens with traditional finance.

– The success of Clicker Games, which is essentially about completing tasks and earning token rewards.

– The launch of the Chums token.

However, we believe that launching our own native token is premature at this stage.

In our vision, Chums is designed as a win-win platform for Web3 users, where any Web3 community can deploy and customize its own server (adjusting privacy, access, features, etc.). In this paradigm, tokens would more likely be community-driven, tied to specific servers and the rules governing their distribution.

Welcome to the Hackathon of season 7, I am seeing this is a message platform you are building in Blockchain, I am wondering if you have plans to have your own token or you will use token that are already on Tron in your platform, thank you

1 Like

Thanks for response, it’s clear that you’re exploring tokenization and the emphasis on a community-driven, customizable approach for server deployments tied to specific rules and tokens is a strategic move.

How will server owners benefit financially from creating and maintaining their communities? Will there be revenue-sharing models, such as a percentage of transaction fees or token sales within their server’s ecosystem?

1 Like

Hi! Our app will support various tokens on the TRON network.

In the first release, we’ll include:
– The native TRX token
– USDT and USDD

In subsequent releases, we’ll add other tokens. We want to get familiar with the ecosystem for this purpose.

We’re also considering launching our own token, but we feel it’s too early for us at this stage.

1 Like

Thank you for your question!

We’re exploring several monetization options for server owners:

1. Revenue share from fees on users’ on-chain operations:
    – Transaction fees within Chums
    – Transaction fees in external dApps via our built-in browser

2. Promotion of third-party dApps (kind of like a referral program) through whitelists:
    – On the server’s home page
    – In recommended dApps in the browser
    – In Web3 channels
    – In NFT rooms

3. Offering additional storage space on a subscription basis

1 Like

Thanks. Have signed up now. What next line of actions?

2 Likes

Great! Feedback is really important to us, so I’d like to provide a detailed overview of our application.

First, let’s activate the web3 features by connecting a wallet on the Everscale blockchain.

You can do this in the Wallet section or by clicking on any channel or NFT club, where the app will prompt you to connect a wallet.

After that, I’ll show you various mechanics, though some will require the native tokens or NFTs. I can send them to your wallet if you’re okay with that.

I’ve created a chat with you, and once you connect a wallet, please message me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to season 7
Basically Chums is creating a user-friendly messaging app that combines secure communication with Web3 technologies.
Indeed this is amazing I must say but my question is

How will Chums keep its app safe, easy to use, and full of features as it expands, and also in what way will it make sure users can easily switch between different blockchain networks.
Thank you

2 Likes

Thank you for your question!

I’ll address each part separately.

Security
Our messenger is built on the Matrix protocol, which provides all of Chums’ communication capabilities - chats, calls, conferences, etc. Matrix is an open-source protocol that uses modern end-to-end encryption methods, such as Curve25519, AES-256, and HMAC-SHA256. We don’t modify the core Matrix server code, ensuring the integrity of these security features.

User Experience
Chums’ development as a messenger involves gradually implementing useful features of the Matrix protocol. We’re also developing Web3 functionalities based on confirmed demand from communities within our Web3 federation. For example, one requested feature is on-chain airdrops for group participants.

Cross-chain
We focus on two key points:

1. In Matrix, anyone can set up a server. Server owners can choose which blockchains to connect using our plugins. Users can select servers that best fit their needs.
  2. We’re developing multi-server functionality, enabling users to easily switch between servers and use their unique features. This creates a seamless user experience across different blockchains.

Thank you for sharing more details on the monetization strategies. The outlined approach provides several viable revenue streams for server owners, which could attract individuals and communities looking to create sustainable business models within the Chums ecosystem.

Given your focus on Web3 users, have you considered how you might attract traditional businesses to create servers on Chums?

1 Like

It is wise to start with the type of the tokens that are used the most on Tron and it make me glad, but will there be token swapping in your app, thank you

1 Like

Yes, we also have a B2B2C track for traditional companies.

Their top priority is secure communication with colleagues and clients. Matrix, with its “your server, your data” principle, is well-established and trusted for this purpose.

We offer these companies services to deploy their own corporate Matrix server, a set of potential Web3 options, and customization of Chums to meet their specific needs.

1 Like