Farming-as-a-Service by the Elk Finance Team - Allowing everyone to harness the most advanced farming contracts in DeFi

alright thank you
you are building some nice
have you planned about marketing?

In this space you can build something nice and still be used by only a few…

Any plans?
Social media is a great tool so you can start from there if only you haven’t started :pray:

2 Likes

Hi @manfred_jr, we are planning to audit FaaS before release. Anyone will be able to create a farm, but we will only be whitelisting farms/tokens that we believe to be safe on app.elk.finance. It is up to each individual user to make sure the projects who launch the farms are safe, as this is DeFi, users will always need to do their own research and not trust anyone!

1 Like

Thanks @Prince-Onscolo. We do have a Twitter (https://twitter.com/elk_finance) as well as a variety of social media channels you’re welcome to join and explore!

We have dedicated in house marketing team members that take care of this, and even our own show on YouTube that I host (check out an episode here if you’d like- Law and Security in DeFi - Bridging the Gap, an Elk Finance series - Ep. 7 - YouTube)

We’ve been around for 2 years now and have really enjoyed getting the word out about Elk, but we are still not as well known as many large projects, but we’re hoping that with our new features like FaaS and BaaS, we can see a lot more growth :slight_smile:

We also rely on users to spread the word! Thanks so much for the support!

4 Likes

excellent, on Twitter I am one of your old followers.
I will check the YouTube video :fire::fire::fire:
all the best :pray:

1 Like

I just gave you a follow at Twitter.
You have such big twitter account
Kudos

1 Like

Yes, that’s exactly right @Nana66419 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the follow!

Thanks for the detailed response, but I’m curious about a few things;

Will there be any limitations on who can create a farm on the FaaS platform, such as minimum capital requirements or other qualifications?

Are there any plans to offer insurance or other forms of protection to users in the event that a whitelisted farm/token experiences a security breach or other issue?

2 Likes

No problem. The 1000 Elk per farm cost should help with part of this, but in the end we can’t really control who makes what, just like a dex cannot control who adds liquidity for a token.

Projects have the option for impermanent loss protection, but we can’t fully audit every project we whitelist, so using a farm that is not created by us (or to be thorough, even one created by us) always creates a need to DYOR. We have the technology, but we can’t control down to the smaller details, what they do with it. I think it is part of the essence of DeFi, but that essence has risk. To be safe, only use farms created by those projects you trust :).

The FaaS will be audited, so a security breach is unlikely. We have taken all the steps to ensure its security and safety.

1 Like

Great to see you back for this hackathon , really like the products you are pushing keep it up team !

4 Likes

Thats great but i want to make suggestion.

Will it be possible to make an option where a project will be required to lock an x amount of $ELK for an x number of days to permit them to create as many farms as they want, Whiles they pay a one time fee of 1000 $ELK.

Creating alot of options to choose from to me will be very lovely.

Thank you

1 Like

Hi! We haven’t yet considered this, but appreciate the suggestion. Thanks!

1 Like

Good to see you guys in the hackathon again. Looking forward to what you’re bringing on this time :facepunch:

2 Likes

Great idea of FaaS. Best wishes.

2 Likes

Great work. All the best for your project!

1 Like

Good news everyone! We’ve submitted our FaaS contracts for audit and are awaiting the results :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations :clap::clap: wish you all the best

1 Like

Gracias por la información, suerte

2 Likes

Greetings @LtSnakePlissken ! Your project seems to be missing details on:

Project Info:
Project Test Instructions:
Smart Contract Links:

Please add them to your project. Thank you!

1 Like

Thats a step in the right direction. I hope we will get a copy here so we can check it out and see what we are dealing with. Best of luck

2 Likes