GlintFund - Decentralized Crowdfunding with Multi-Currency Support and Peer-to-Peer Lending

Topic Title: GlintFund - Decentralized Crowdfunding for Everyone
Project Name: GlintFund
Project Track: DeFi
Team Name: Team Glint
Team Member(s): 1 member - @papaofei
DevPost Project Link: Glintfund | Devpost

Project Goal:

Imagine you’ve just come up with a brilliant business idea. It’s a project that could change your life—maybe even change the world. You’re excited, filled with hope, and ready to take the next big step: securing the funds to turn your idea into reality. But then reality hits—you don’t have the right connections, can’t afford the high fees of traditional fundraising platforms, and worse, the process is slow and frustrating. You wonder, “How can I get my idea out there? How do I find people who believe in this as much as I do?”

This is the challenge many dreamers face every day. From someone raising money for a life-saving medical treatment to a student crowdfunding for tuition fees or a startup looking to launch a revolutionary product, people often feel the odds are stacked against them. High costs, lack of trust, and limited transparency discourage donors and slow down the process.

Now, imagine a different scenario—one where you can create your campaign with ease, where transactions are fast, secure, and cost you almost nothing. Welcome to GlintFund, a decentralized platform built on the Tron blockchain.

But GlintFund isn’t just about crowdfunding—it’s much more. Not only can individuals, businesses, and organizations raise money for any cause, GlintFund offers multi-currency support, allowing you to accept donations in TRX and other Tron-compatible tokens like USDT, JST, WIN, and more. This ensures that you’re not limited to one token, providing you and your donors with more flexibility and reach.

What sets GlintFund apart is its peer-to-peer lending feature, where people can lend or borrow funds for specific purposes. Smart contracts handle these transactions, ensuring trust and transparency, so borrowers can repay their lenders with confidence, knowing the system is secure. Whether you’re borrowing to fund a personal emergency or financing a business expansion, GlintFund facilitates seamless lending in a decentralized manner.

And there’s more—donation transparency is key. All donations on GlintFund are publicly tracked on the Tron blockchain, providing real-time visibility for both fundraisers and donors. This transparency gives fundraisers peace of mind that their campaigns are running smoothly, while donors know exactly where their contributions are going, every step of the way.

Now, think of the long-term benefits: What if you could not only raise funds but also reward your top supporters? Through GlintFund, loyal funders receive exclusive tokens and NFTs for their contributions. These tokens provide future governance rights in a decentralized autonomous organization (DAO), meaning your backers become part of your project’s future success.

Whether you’re raising funds for personal needs, business ventures, or community-driven projects, GlintFund isn’t just a tool—it’s a movement. It’s built to unlock the power of decentralization, transparency, and trust, making it easier than ever for people to support one another. It’s a platform where your dreams can find their wings, and your supporters can share in the journey.

Project Value:
GlintFund’s value lies in its decentralized nature, which eliminates intermediaries and provides a frictionless experience for both fundraisers and donors. The platform supports donations in multiple Tron-compatible tokens (TRX, USDT, JST, WIN, etc.), ensuring flexibility for users across the ecosystem. Additionally, GlintFund’s smart contracts provide transparency and security, as funds are only released when predefined milestones are met. The inclusion of peer-to-peer lending expands its use case, enabling users to borrow funds for specific needs with the guarantee of repayment via smart contracts. The platform also incentivizes participation by rewarding top funders with GlintFund tokens and exclusive NFTs, granting future governance rights and recognition in the community. This combination of decentralized finance (DeFi) principles, secure transactions, and a rewards system makes GlintFund a vital tool for decentralized fundraising.

Project Website: https://glintfund.netlify.app/
Project Test Instructions:

1. Go to the GlintFund’s platform via https://glintfund.netlify.app/
  2. Create a new account or log in using your Tron wallet.
  3. Explore active campaigns and select one to contribute.
  4. If testing, create a dummy campaign and share the link with others to contribute.
  5. Test peer-to-peer lending by selecting a borrow option from the dashboard.
  6. Track your contributions and lending activities in real-time using the dashboard.

Project Details:

Campaign Page

P2P lending Page

GlintFund offers a wide range of categories for fundraisers, including personal needs (healthcare, emergencies), investments (startups, businesses), and education (tuition fees, scholarships). The platform supports donations in multiple Tron-compatible tokens, making it easier for fundraisers to attract support from various sources. Smart contracts power the platform, ensuring funds are released only when campaign goals or milestones are met, offering trust and security to both donors and fundraisers.

Key Features:

• Multi-Currency Support: Accept donations in TRX and other Tron-compatible tokens (USDT, JST, WIN).
  • Peer-to-Peer Lending: Borrowers can raise funds for specific needs and repay through smart contracts.
  • Fundraiser Dashboard: Manage campaigns, track donations, and communicate with contributors in an intuitive, user-friendly dashboard.
  • Top Funder Rewards: Top contributors receive GlintFund’s native tokens and exclusive NFTs, offering governance rights in the platform’s future DAO.
  • Transparent Donations: All transactions are publicly tracked on the Tron blockchain, ensuring real-time transparency for donors and fundraisers.

GlintFund’s future plans include integrating with DeFi protocols for staking and yield farming, expanding to other blockchains for cross-chain crowdfunding, and launching DAO governance to involve the community in decision-making and platform upgrades.

Smart Contract links:: TRONSCAN | TRON BlockChain Explorer | 波场区块链浏览器

Project Milestones:

• Week 1: Platform launch on Tron testnet, smart contracts deployed, and basic campaign functionalities tested.
  • Week 2: Integrate multi-currency donations and peer-to-peer lending.
  • Week 3: Release governance token functionality and start DAO voting simulations.
  • Week 4: Finalize the smart contract audit and prepare for mainnet deployment.
13 Likes

Welcome to Hackathon Season 7, your project is bordering around crowdfunding and strikes me as an ambitious idea. But nonetheless, who is the primary target audience for GlintFund? Is it individuals, startups, NGOs, or all of the above?

3 Likes

Welcome to the hackathon session
The idea behind your project the GlintFund is commendable because of its introduction of a much needed decentralized method for global fundraising and making donations possible through multi currency widens the gap for more donors. As a market with two directions, up and down, which may affect the value of donations made by the donors. I will like to be clarify on the following:

1. What mechanism will you put in place to protect the value of donations against market fluctuations
  2. In a situation where there is currency fluctuations that may lead to the devaluation of funds donated. How are you going to ensure that it doesn’t affect the final disbursement given to the fundraisers?
2 Likes

Thank you for the warm welcome! GlintFund is designed for a diverse audience, including individuals, startups, and NGOs.

• Individuals can raise funds for personal causes like emergencies or education and benefit from peer-to-peer lending with transparent smart contracts.
  • Startups can use our platform to raise global funds with low costs and multi-currency support, making crowdfunding more accessible.
  • NGOs can leverage GlintFund’s transparency, as all donations are publicly tracked on the Tron blockchain, helping build trust with donors.

In short, GlintFund caters to all of these groups, providing tools for impactful and transparent fundraising.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback and insightful questions!

To address market fluctuations and ensure the protection of donations, we plan to implement a stablecoin integration within GlintFund, allowing donors to contribute in stablecoins like USDT. This minimizes the risk of value loss due to market volatility.

In case of currency devaluation, we aim to integrate a real-time conversion mechanism. Funds raised in fluctuating tokens can be converted to stablecoins or the fundraiser’s preferred token immediately upon donation, ensuring the value remains consistent until final disbursement.

These mechanisms will help protect both donors and fundraisers from the impacts of market volatility.Thank you for the feedback and insightful questions!

To address market fluctuations and ensure the protection of donations, we plan to implement a stablecoin integration within GlintFund, allowing donors to contribute in stablecoins like USDT. This minimizes the risk of value loss due to market volatility.

In case of currency devaluation, we aim to integrate a real-time conversion mechanism. Funds raised in fluctuating tokens can be converted to stablecoins or the fundraiser’s preferred token immediately upon donation, ensuring the value remains consistent until final disbursement.

These mechanisms will help protect both donors and fundraisers from the impacts of market volatility.

2 Likes

Hello, wow, this is mind blowing! i can’t wait for the live url to actually see this

2 Likes

Welcome to the Hackathon of season 7, I have read everything that you write but I am confuse small, the crowdfunding that you mention is it for charity, thank you

3 Likes

Thanks for your reply, given the global nature of crowdfunding, how do you plan to navigate different countries’ regulations regarding fundraising, lending, and token rewards?

4 Likes

Welcome to season 7
Your project is truly groundbreaking but my question is

• What measures have you put in place to protect lenders and borrowers.
3 Likes

This project looks awesome. We are working on something similar, although all the features are not quite the same.
One thing that sets your project apart appears to be the peer-to-peer lending feature.

This could be really helpful in bootstrapping projects for maximum impact in early stages, but I am curious about how it is handled.

How do you compensate for risk management? For example, what if the asset of the loan loses its underlying value or the borrower defaults on the loan?

Thank you and best of luck on the hackathon!

2 Likes

i was curious about this too. it seems that the lending/borrowing feature might increase compliance difficulty quite a bit- even though it would be very helpful to impact projects. yet another case of technology moving ahead of regulation i suppose!

3 Likes

thank you for your response, we’d have the url soon

2 Likes

Thank you for the kind words and great questions! Our peer-to-peer lending feature is designed to empower fundraisers by providing an additional avenue to access capital, but we also recognize the importance of mitigating risks such as asset devaluation and borrower default.
what’s the name of your project?

2 Likes

Thank you for your question! To protect both lenders and borrowers, we require borrowers to provide collateral in stable assets, which is held through smart contracts to automate enforcement. If a borrower defaults, the collateral is liquidated to compensate the lender. Additionally, we are developing a decentralized risk scoring system to help lenders assess the risk before committing to a loan. These measures ensure secure and transparent transactions for both parties.

2 Likes

You’re absolutely right; the inclusion of lending and borrowing features does introduce additional regulatory complexities.

3 Likes

yea I agree, curious to see this project launch

4 Likes

I can say your project is amazing but my question is
*In what manner do you plan addressing potential concerns about the security of personal and financial information.

4 Likes

Thank you for your kind words!

Security is a top priority for us. We’re addressing potential concerns by leveraging Tron’s blockchain to ensure transparency and security, alongside implementing advanced encryption and decentralized smart contracts. This guarantees that personal and financial information remains secure while minimizing the risk of unauthorized access

2 Likes

I think your emphasis on using this innovative technology to help people and projects who need it most is great.

Our project is named GiveTron: Impact Infrastructure on Tron! I am currently trying to acqure TronDAO forum Level 1 so I can make a topic about it in the Hackatron Season 7 thread, but it hasn’t let me post a new topic yet. Hopefully I can do that soon.

3 Likes

what a very interesting project, looking forward to seeing this live

2 Likes