Project Name: Nexus
Project Track: NFT
Team Name: Nexusverse
Team Member(s): 2 (Tim Nelson, Alex van Buerden)
Live Deployment URL: https://nexusverse.app
Project Goal: Nexus is a TRON-native 3D asset marketplace for users in the metaverse to seamlessly create, trade, and showcase their 3D metaverse assets.
The vision of Nexus is to become the one-stop shop to serve all TRON-based metaverse platforms for their on-chain asset needs. We are extremely excited to showcase this prototype and would love to hear feedback from the TRON team and ecosystem community.
Some of the features include but are not limited to:
- NFT Marketplace protocol for seamless buying and selling of 3D NFTs
- No-code minting of 3D NFTs (metadata on decentralized storage via IPFS)
- Interactive 3D model viewer to preview assets before purchase
- Showcasing of user-owned 3D NFT assets via user profiles
- Well-documented API to integrated Nexus 3D NFTs into any metaverse
Project Website: https://nexusverse.app (Note: We’ve notice initial page load times can take up to ~3 min depending on geographical location due to delays in unpkg CDN loading times for render assets. Apologies for this inconvenience and appreciate your patience.)
Project Test Instructions:
- Connect to app via TronLink on Shasta testnet (might take ~1min to load)
- Purchase any listed sample NFT assets
- View owned NFTs on profile page
- Create your own 3D NFT (see ‘Sample Models’ below)
- List your newly minted NFT for sale
- Try Nexus NFT API to query user assets for games, metaverses, etc.
If you don’t own any 3D assets, here’s a few sample models we’ve curated for you to test out our no-code 3D NFT creation tool:
- Kirby (preview image file, .glb model file)
- Jigglypuff (preview image file, .glb model file)
If you feel creative, feel free to download a model (small .glb files bundled with textures are recommended) from https://sketchfab.com and create your own!
According to experts, the metaverse industry is expected to be worth between 3 to 12 trillion dollars by 2030. However, the problem with the current metaverse space is that digital assets available in each metaverse are confined to that environment due to the centralized nature of their storage. So if there’s metaverse A and B, and metaverse A gets deprecated, a user cannot simply migrate the assets they owned from metaverse A to metaverse B because the two environments don’t have a shared storage state.
This is why we believe all metaverse assets in the future will be hosted as non-fungible tokens tied to a blockchain. By doing so, assets will be interoperable across all metaverses and have their ownership verifiable on-chain.
We believe the TRON blockchain has the potential to be the blockchain to power metaverses in this future due to its high-efficiency and low-cost environment to store digital assets.
Now in this future, what if there was a decentralized, engine-agnostic marketplace that anyone across any metaverse can come create and trade their digital assets with others? Furthermore, what if 3D artists can receive their fair share of creator royalties and be empowered, unlike centralized marketplaces that take a large middlemen fee? We believe in order for creators and game developers to easily create 3D assets for the metaverse, there must be a fair platform that allows them to create, trade, and showcase their assets in a seamless manner.
- Nexus Protocol v1 (Shasta Tronscan: TKiEgTFAkWKTqNy2NUBStofBETw8x8H9Rw)
- Nexus Collection 3 (Shasta Tronscan: TVjHb2Sj5qA5kLEoNUJDksfZ1P2FXy7rNs)
This was simply a prototype built for the hackathon, but we have a lot more interesting features to build this project out into mainnet production. Here are some of the ideas on our roadmap:
- Integrate NFT indexer to showcase all 3D NFTs
- Creating an interoperable 3D NFT metadata standard for TRON
- Adding advanced trading options (limit trades, auctions)
- Rigorous testing and feedback from TRON community
- Adding programmatic batch minting NFTs
- Support metaverse asset conversions (i.e. .gltf/.glb, .obj, .fbx)
- Adding NFT analytics (price appraisal, floor price tracking)
- Adding social features (follow, like, comment on assets)
- Support for dynamic 3D NFTs that evolve with on-chain data
- NFT verification feature to combat clone projects
10/16: Product ideation
10/24: Designs and product flow
11/8: Engineering implementation
11/14: Finalize demo video and submission