Sorrel Banq - Essential Banking for Anyone. Anywhere

Me gusta, le da un aporte nuevo.

4 Likes

Ok, nice one, all the bestā€¦

1 Like

Hey all feel free to follow those from the AIA team that are currently on Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/alexvandersaia/

https://www.instagram.com/michellegeaia/

https://www.instagram.com/javierreyesaia/

https://www.instagram.com/marcustoussaintaia/

@Prince-Onscolo I remember you mentioning in another thread that you spend alot of time on social media, maybe these would add to your time, but hopefully their content would be of value :slight_smile:

Our goal is to use IG as a medium to share our content and high level story without getting overly into crypto-talk.

Please Note: Posted content of people and scenes etc are AI generated.

At some point in the future, their collective content can be used to co-create a Caribbean->Global metaverse world in which folks can exploreā€¦

2 Likes

Followed all, will explore their accounts later

1 Like

Hey all here some screens of the ui progress for Sorrel - you can interact with the progress at - https://app.sorrelbanq.org

Would love to hear any questions/feedback on it :slight_smile: thanks

2 Likes

I could see you connected your wallet but I have no option to do so at my end.
I like itā€™s simplicity.

2 Likes

Thanks! You should see a Tronlink window popup asking to connect to dapp when you visit the page for the first time. This is what I see on my side. You should also be on Nile testnet in your Tronlink.

Please join our parent discord - Paracosm Labs (this was the secret link embedded in the first mockup card screenshots with example QR posted earlier :wink: )

we can chat more there and youā€™ll see the other things going onā€¦

1 Like

oh OK thanks, I will join but I am not active there still learning haha

2 Likes

I donā€™t mind to be your discord coach
Iā€™m here for you

1 Like

yeah, I just have to get time and come to you

1 Like

Iā€™m open to be teaching, learning and earnings

Nice user interface, very simple, i just checked out the dapp and i have a simple question to ask.

I saw three tokens. gTTD, gXCD and gBBD, are these tokens native to your project only, are they currently listed on any exchange.?

Also, i dont know if i am the only facing this issue, but i can only switch between tron mainnet shasta testnet on my mobile app, to switch to nile testnet, i always use my laptop.

I stand to be corrected. If Nile testnet is only accessible through desktop version of tronlink, then it means i can fully enjoy your dapp in its testnet face only on the laptop, which to me is kind of a hindrance as i am mostly on the phone :iphone:

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! Weā€™ve been aiming for a simple UI.

The gTTD, gXCD etc are all stablecoins from goStables Protocol (backed by USDD which itself is backed by its own crypto assets). goStables isnā€™t live on mainnet yet but will be before the end of this seasonā€™s hackathon deadline so that Sorrel team can complete submission. Both Sorrel and goStables teams are collaborating. Hopefully in the future these gStables will be listed on exchanges(Ce+De) as usage grows.

Sorrel supports all gStables and even possibly other known stablecoins like USDT, TUSD etc - in the future.

Nile testnet is only available on Tronlink via desktop at this time. Weā€™ve asked Tronlink team to support Nile on mobile which I anticipate they will do at some point this year. That is outside of our control. We chose Nile over Shasta since its closer to Tron mainnet and it already supports Tronā€™s Staking 2.0 which is rolling out to mainnet soon. Then it will be accessible on all devices :iphone: :computer: :boom:.

:vulcan_salute:

4 Likes

Welcome to TRON hackathon season 4. Good luck for your project!

1 Like

Ok Thats great to know. I will try and access the dapp through my laptop and if i have any further questions or suggestions, i will make it known

3 Likes

Gracias por su informaciĆ³n, revisarĆ© la app.

2 Likes

Hey all, Iā€™ve updated our OP above to include the link to our pitch deck so everyone can get a high level understanding of what weā€™ve been building/planning for this Sorrel Banq submission.

We had some technical challenges along the way but kept moving forward. Weā€™ve had to scale back in what weā€™re delivering for this hackathon. This has enabled us to focus on the core of what this submission is -

A shared non custodial contract wallet - aka the Sorrel Banq Depository.
This opens up the possibility to facilitate energy free transfers for not only gStables but also other popular stablecoins for Sorrel members. A member would simply need to sign onchain without always requiring TRX to pay for their transactions. We believe this is a key step to wider adoption.

For further reading if anyone is interested in the context:

At Sorrel, weā€™re building a means to combine our collective resources onchain in a simple and modular way to help redefine the way in which we can bring savings and value to our members and beyond.

Thanks for your support!

2 Likes

Alright, love the free transaction part for Sorrel members. Keep building team. Thanks for the update

2 Likes

Thank you!
Please note that what weā€™re doing is energy free transactions and not free transactions in the common understanding of ā€œfreeā€ā€¦- someone(s) has to cover something, somewhere.

Energy free here means that TRX is not always required by everyone to have/to burn for txns. Of course, this only works well when there are others that do have TRX that are interested in supporting the growth and onboarding of the next wave and thus would stake their TRX to facilitate the internal transfers for Sorrel members - whether it be between friends, family, busineses etc. They could be further incentivized for doing such.

For instance, Withdrawals to accounts outside of sorrel (as opposed to using Transfer) could later have the fee charged directly in the Stablecoin being sent with a portion rewarded to Vault stakers.

Using the energy + bandwidth resource model on Tron ( via Staking 2.0) which doesnā€™t exist in other EVMs, we can then pool, stake and rent energy accordingly via existing marketplaces (eg TronNRG, ERGON etc) to accumulate shared resources without burning alot, thereby co-creating a more sustainable shared economy on Tron.

4 Likes

Oh ok thanks for the clarification

1 Like