TRON Grand Hackathon $5K prizes for the community

Great to see many interesting comments here and thank you all for your support.

@moneyversac Looking forward to seeing you share your opinion as well :wink:

@e8hffff @Palak_agarwal09 Awesome, #TronStrong We are in this together. Hope to see you guys commenting more on the forum.

@TyanONE @CriptoNinjaPt @Baroni.Samuele Thanks for sharing your opinions!

@JasonHunter Great! Yes, our past hackathon winners’ projects are great. Let’s hope to see more great projects coming up for this season.

@WindsOfChange92 Auto-Compounder. Interesting, there are a couple on Ethereum, would be good to have something similar on TRON. Great idea. Nice pick on Kattana - a cross-chain trading terminal for DEXs and CEXs.

@Simon Yes, some immersive, actual games would be a plus. TRON fees and speed can definitely handle it. We just need the right team to start developing on the platform.

@Dustin.LionX NFT music? That’s new to a lot of us here. Hope to see some awesome results!

7 Likes

@FirstWave Thanks for your detailed feedback. The hackathon rules stated that all participants, even past winners are eligible to join the current hackathon, given that they submit projects that have vast improvements or a different project entirely. TRON will continue to support developers with skills and contributions to the community. As you are also one of the hackathon participants, you should put more focus on refining your project, as this will give the judges and the community a better impression.

@SrQueimado @utu @Youngyuppie Thanks for sharing your feedback. Hope to see you more often on the forum!

@JimmyTheHypnotist DeFi has a lot of potential in the blockchain space. It seems like you are also one of the hackathon participant, hope to see something nice from your team too.

@cctechmx Yes, blockchain should be accessible for all. So, having a low-fees model will surely attract a huge number of users. You had a great project in S1 too, are you not participating in S2?

@Archimedes Yes, some nice games would be nice! You can check with @cctechmx about Cloud.

@Gordian The judges will vote projects based on their usefulness, creativity, professionalism, etc. They won’t just look at the number of users a project has to determine its score. Thanks for sharing your view though!

@fabsltsa Good to see you here. Hope to hear some of your thoughts as well so feel free to comment on topics given out here! :grinning:

5 Likes

Always a pleasure to grow and learn with Tron.
So far, have seen two projects of interest

Justmoney and
JustRug Nfts.

The both building to enhance Tron development.

I’m anticipating the collaboration between them.

4 Likes

Go Tron :love_you_gesture::four_leaf_clover::sunglasses:

6 Likes

Yes, I understand for sure that
the vote are done by the judges based on the usefulness and creativity.
Not by numbers of users

Because bot users can be deployed to make a project busy with active.

Thanks for that

3 Likes

Thanks @TronLive, glad to be here for the second season of the Grand Hackathon 2022.
As you ask me to share my thoughts, here we go :slightly_smiling_face:

I feel that the competition will be harder for this season and will probably keep going crescendo for the next seasons. Tron is attracting more and more projects, more and more talents. This is not only the result of the Hackathon’s prize pool but also the quality of the judges panel, the opportunity of being early on this blockchain, $trx incredible performances against BTC and the positive, constructive and inclusive attitude of the community projects that currently drive the crypto landscape on Tron. I’m thinking about some of the previous Hackathon laureates such as JustMoney, Turu, dCloud, TronNinjas, Cubie, ustx, iSwap, Centiiv, Ennovasol and Nole. I’m also thinking about some projects that weren’t contestants for the first season such as LionX, Tronbies,

So this gives you already an idea about my answer for your first question. The kind of projects that I want to see on Tron are projects led by motivated and open-minded teams. Projects that don’t only care about their community one week every four months for the Hackathon but all year long. Teams that include their community in the building process. Community members are not only investors but also projects users and best promoters. I want to see projects that focus on building and growing Tron ecosystem no matter the market conditions.

Beside the projects that I’ve mentioned earlier I’ve seen some very interesting concepts indeed. Those that caught the most my attention so far are thanXfinance and crystl finance for defi. Tronverse will undoubtedly be a strong competitor in the gamefi section. And I’m curious to learn more about tokenomeme and their ability to keep the hype up on the long term.

I’ve seen a lot of nice projects so far and if any project wants to discuss about a collaboration with JM Swap and JM Pay feel free to DM me or contact me on our Telegram Group.

Good luck to all the contestants and keep building :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Really impressed by the works coming from both @SafeMoney Dev team as well as @JustMoney
team they having been doing well in the ecosystem since the last Hackathon. Been member of the two communities. @SafeMoney with the live staking pool on Baoziswap and @JustMoney with JM Pay.

Kudos to the two teams.

Keep Building :fire::fire::fire::fire:

7 Likes

Not the same Archi from BTT Speed group right?

@TronLive I got to the point where it makes no sense to improve anything - the project needs greens to hire programmers. I code very slowly because I’m a technical conceptual artist with an engineering background by specialization, not a programmer. All I can do now and do is draw the blueprints of the ship, work on the location (and this is an extremely difficult job, because it affects various areas) and program simple things.

1 Like

It totally depends on how you upload the files, by default anyone with the QmHash(CID) can access the files, however this is something you will keep secret, specially for personal files like family pictures, etc.

If you want maximum security you could encrypt your files before uploading, this is totally doable :wink: easiest way is to zip your secret files with using a password and then upload to BTFS. Feel free to contact us for more questions, doubts or concerns. You can tag us to bring our attention and speed up response. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello Tronlive, community!! Glad to be here again :slight_smile: .

We’ve been struggling to decide on how / if to apply for the S2 hackaton. Why?

1. We still are pending to implement some key features to our mobile app which most likely won’t be noticed as Major improvements to our users/community/judges, even when there is a lot happening under the hood. This could bee seen as “not enough to be considered as vast improvements” to be eligible.

2. If we go for a new project even if its related to dCloud it will delay our current features implementation we are working on under the hood for the mobile versions of dCloud. We must stick to mature dCloud to the point it is usable for iOS and Android and it can be downloaded /updated using mainstream channels (Google Play & App Store) as stated in our main focus for dCloud development in: https://www.cctechmx.org

Having said that we’ve been hearing our community feedback in regards of BTFS and dCloud, lots are asking for a simple to use web / straightforward way of uploading files even without installing anything. Even-tough our focus / expertise is not on the web development we understand how important is to have a web version of dCloud. We are calling it dCloud Web.
How are we planning to approach this?

We have 2 options on accomplishing a web version:

1. The classic way: Centralized server / middleware website which runs a BTFS node and makes everything easier with the hidden cost of security and centralization. This is the most convenient of all but not fitting our values and/or expertise.

2. dCloud Chrome plugin: Create a BTFS / dCloud plugin to manage your files and BTTC wallet using a web assembly (wasm) binary.

We are in the process of exploring the viability of option 2. If we determine this is possible in the short/mid term we will enter the hackathon, if not we will not due to the reasons explained above :slight_smile: .

We hope to have a definitive answer in a week period.

We appreciate your interest in our project and progress, even if we don’t join this hackathon we keep developing and working hard to make BTFS accessible for everyone :slight_smile:

Best Regards!

very good I like this project,I hope to make a World Cup on-chain game project in Hackathon,Football games are very popular at the moment,With so many tron users, it will be very popular

2 Likes

why can not use chinese reply your answer? bro

I especially like the game Winnfthero, which is about to finish its internal test and open test soon. Through the winnfthorse chain tour before, I got in touch with the whole ecology of wavefield and felt the power of the ecology of wavefield. At present, many activities and projects are actively participating in. Apenft, justlend sun. io, winnfthorse winnfthero
 , as is currently the third archduke chain, I am deeply attracted to it, hope that through the wave field ecological can learn more knowledge, at the same time the next hackers contest, I’m going to sign up for, has studied the intelligent contracts and web3. Js, wave field is to continue to become bigger and stronger, hope their own efforts succeed, thank the wave field, thanks for hackers

4 Likes

Yeah, trasparency and security, well done!

2 Likes

Good to see a detailed answer @cctechmx
Keep building! We know something great will come out from your team!

@mikeweigm Thanks for keeping the text in English since most of our community members here can read in English. Yes, we also hope to see some great projects on TRON soon, thanks for your feedback!

@Emily Welcome to TRON DAO Forum. Hope to see you around!

4 Likes

Now let’s move on to the next discussion.

Q. What’s your opinion on a completely Ethereum-cloned project on TRON that is done by a different team than the original author?

Q. What’s your opinion on a partially Ehereum-cloned project on TRON that is done by a different team than the original author, but with vast improvements and modifications?

7 Likes

Both not acceptable at all.
It’s only ok if the real Project confirms that they are fine with it.

Of course it’s a difference when the idea comes from another project, like for example you copy a mechanism or something but you make something new out of it.
But giving credit to the muse that made you come up with your idea should be something to do out of respect either way in my opinion.
Like this everyone is happy and there will be no hate from the community but support.
(Somethimes even the original projects are willing to help out in that way)

But things like the copy pasta we see on ApeNFT is a complete NO-GO.
Stuff like that is the reason people FUD and laugh about tron and try to destroy their Reputation.

Remember we try to win people from other chains too, it’s stupid to push them away with moves like 1:1 copying.

7 Likes

It is time to pivot from the copy paste set up to become an original content chain.

Of course from an exposure and creation point of view, copy past or copy paste plus, are the easiest ways to go but to be taken seriously in the wider blockchain community it is essential to have a strong and growing original content.

Be copied rather then copy

6 Likes

Q. What’s your opinion on a completely Ethereum-cloned project on TRON that is done by a different team than the original author?

One word TRASH . This is unacceptable in all ways of development. Groups like these don’t tend to create these projects for the benefits of the community but rather see it as a way to harvest some additional cash. Fail to act accordingly to such projects will stain the tron hackathon and tron blockchain as a whole . Projects like these should be disqualified and in case of NFT projects denied listings at places such as APENFT. As for tokenized projects they should be flagged with the SCAM tag in tronscan or even better create a COPY-PASTE tag .

Q. What’s your opinion on a partially Ehereum-cloned project on TRON that is done by a different team than the original author, but with vast improvements and modifications?

In here i see a difference in the type of project . In the case of an NFT project which includes the equal art as on the ethereum/other chain version i would go with my above statement.

Do we talk about DEFI products or any which can enhance the user experience on TRON and with a vastly improved protocol i would say yes . As this can attract more new users wich will spread out among the chain. DEFI products overall are pretty much alike so it would be difficult to develop something which has not been done somewhere else at this point.

Key points in this should be finding developers who not just participate for the hackathon money but who participate to build out their project grow their community and last but not least have FUN in what they do. Sadly i do not see many new participating developers do that just yet.

6 Likes