TRON Grand Hackathon Season 3 - Community Vote

Good luck everyone! May the best projects win

3 Likes

This is really unfair, we have proved with proof that we’re eligible and we have put our hardwork into it.

You could have told this to us right at the time of submission, we will anyway be continuing this project but we feel very dejected. We had missed exams to get it out on time.

The IP solely belongs to us not a code of plagiarism but yet we are disqualified even though we have every proof publicly available.

I would really appreciate if you will let the community decide what action has to be taken on this, can we have a voting on it please (this really seems unjust to us)

@tronbot @admin.hackathon

3 Likes

Hi @zkman, please note that all S3 hackathon rules are already stated upfront on the Devpost platform - TRON Grand Hackathon - Season 3: HackaTRON - Devpost and have also been elaborated on many times on the forum. It is up to the participants to read and follow all the rules and requirements closely. The Devpost first down-selects a list of projects that didn’t meet the requirement before handing it to the TRON team to further review for tech-based requirements to ensure the project is built on TRON/BTTC.

Your project does not even have a project post after submission ends, which in itself should have already been disqualified to be fair to others. Although we were able to get Devpost to include it, after the review, the team still could not approve the project due to various reasons. One of them has to do with IP as your project includes music to which you do not have license rights on. Your forum’s promotional video also largely includes videos own by others rather than videos that are produced by your own team.

We do like the project concept + tech and you are more than welcome to reapply for S4 provided that you:

• Submit the project and forum post on time (forum posts are supposed to be created during the start of the hackathon anyway)
  • Sort out the IP issue. Find some licensing partners or work with online solo artists and get permission to use their music for example
    We do appreciate your participation but we need to stick with our initial rules & requirements in order to be fair to other participants. Thanks for your understanding.
4 Likes

We are completely disappointed, because we did not break any of the rules. Re-read them during the hackathon and now numerous times. As we understood Tronbot message there are 2 reasons for disqualification:

During the whole s3 hackathon, even before it and now our project is available at the link shared in s2 topic for the whole community: https://tron.kosyachniy.com/

We have added a new feature and new smart contract in addition to the project from s2. Especially for the jury, we have marked all of our updates in our topic! We also clarified it in topic after Tronbot request 15 days ago

Where is it a violation of the rules? If you are changing the rules as you go along, that is highly improper

4 Likes

@admin.hackathon really appreciate the response, this is the closure I needed. However we are using youtube videos and we will make it completely community driven in the future. The teaser video was the only video that was extracted from Justdance, however it’s just a placeholder and not even something we would want the judges to evaluate on.

Glad you liked the concept and the tech - only one suggestion, if you knew about this just let us know whenever you get to know about this otherwise it’s only giving false hopes to participants who keep building and dream of the things that they can do to advance the project to the next level with the prize money.

2 Likes

I am pleased by how everything is carried out here.

Dear community,

Have a look at JustPush.

A massive amount of effort went into building this in the hackathon timeframe. If this gets enough traction, you will be able to get notifications to your mobile (or anything) on important events regarding your wallet, account, defi projects you are using etc.

Give us some love. :two_hearts: Vote for #W2.

Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you :man_bowing:

Guys please check out PalmT NFT, that is our second project that passed the requirement.

4 Likes

You are a great robot!
If there was something wrong 
 you expect to leave the final list to disqualify someone !?, I could notify you beforehand for correction.
Gives a one answer with no real purpose for disqualification.
Congratulations @tronbot !

1 Like

@admin.hackathon lets get them votes in :star_struck:

1 Like

This is my first time participating in the TRON hackathon, my third time submitting EVM-based application to a web3 hackathon (My last project was a winner at Polygon BUIDL IT : Summer 2022). I would like to share my experience participating in this hackathon and thoughts looking forward.

Overall, its been very exciting taking part in hackathons as its such a great way to showcase your skills/projects, get the chance to connect with community & receive integral feedback that would be helpful shaping your product. Moreover, its is such a great platform for setting about a successful product, putting a name for yourself and getting the chance becoming famous on tech twitter :stuck_out_tongue:

In addition, hackathons provide monetary rewards ($$$) to incentivize developers/professionals to create & launch businesses on their ecosystem, TRON has been extremely generous in terms of rewards giving out which is fantastic! :smile: ; However, without a doubt this brings lots of bad actors submitting dummy & recycled applications. I also was approached to “exchange votes” and I will call them out and if they don’t explain themselves.

I’m very glad I’ve gotten the opportunity to participate in this season and learn more about the TRON and BTTC ecosystems , while there were lots of spam/unethical behavior there are SO MANY promising projects that deserve our attention. I still havent gone through the NFT,WEB3 and DeFi tracks, let me know which ones you think are best and drop your project if you want me to review it!

Goodluck and gm!

7 Likes

Good to see this clear communication and the hard work that has been done in order to pre-check all the entries before the voting period :clap:

As I’ve stated on an other post, teams should read the rules of the Hackathon BEFORE entering so they are not surprised if they get disqualified.
I would just advise the organisation to give a clear definition of a “significative improvement”. @Sirluke and myself have shared our opinion about what a significative improvement should be as an answer to @tronlive on an other topic.
I think you can find some interesting elements there :+1:

My general feeling is that season after season we see some great improvements such as tronbot’s warnings and explanations, a strict pre-selection, clearer and fairer rules (e.g. former participants have to deploy mainnet to apply again) :clap::fire:

10 Likes

Great you love the forum, and its quite unfortunate projects still try to do “vote exchanges” if you believe what you have submitted is great and worthy of winning, you will eventually win.

I personally checked out almost all the submitted projects, visited almost all the dApps, tried out most of them. Some were really amazing and were indeed solving actual problems that eventually will lead to more adoption for tron.

For some too I couldn’t wrap my mind on exactly what they were building and its not strange to me i didnt see most of them in the selection.

This cleanup will make most of them sit up, think outside the box, identify real problems users are facing on tron blockchain and use their expertise to solve it.

Season four will be bigger, i can feel it. This shake up to me has done more good than harm.

8 Likes

Been so cool seeing all of these projects, congratulations to the projects that made it this far!

5 Likes

It always great to read the rules first, ask questions if something boggles ur mind.

Asking the right question at the wrong time will not lead to any solution.

I didnt submit any project, but i read all the rules of this hackathon thoroughly.

If u r misinformed, you will be deformed but if u are well informed you will be transformed.

4 Likes

Agreed! I’ve seen your feedback/questions almost everywhere! great job at sparking debates and encouraging users to improve their existing projects :clap: :fire:

2 Likes

Yeah that’s what is important
 progress and improvements from one season to other :+1::+1:

3 Likes

Thank you, your PayLock project in the ecosystem track has been starred in my books. Its very practical and i wish you the best in this hackathon.

5 Likes

Hey, thanks for the feedback, let us get back to you about it.

Hello! Your team was disqualified due to:

Our extension can be downloaded from Github, added as an extension, and it works.

• team was extended, plus 2 new mentors joined us
  • extension is in Github and works, ready to use
  • token deployed, launched on JM
  • yeah, the mobile app part is not ready, as it’s planned for 2023 Q2, which was written down in our roadmap & whitepaper even in S2.

Although we won’t argue and accept the fact, there’s just one thing we’d like to get clarified which might help others too.

In our S2 submission, we’ve written down the whole picture of an ecosystem we’re creating (“crypto cashback & reward platform”) with a detailed roadmap, that we’re nicely following.

But based on your feedback, everything we do in the next 2-3 years won’t be considered until we fullfill everything that was mentioned in S2 as a future plan?

While some are breaking apart their projects and launching always “new” ones, we (and other projects too) are doing the opposite. We’re doing the whole thing under one ecosystem, will follow the same roadmap for years while we expand & improve and add new features to our project under the same name, ThanX.

All in all, there are a lot of participants that are being punished for “only” improving their current projects and not “selling” it as a new one.

So I think this should be considered in future Hackathons.

Thank you for your time reading it.

9 Likes

Hey @admin.hackathon, We are participating for the first time in S3. Why don’t I see the our project here?

3 Likes

@admin.hackathon @tronbot
Please what the reason why https://forum.trondao.org/t/leading-edge-ecommerce-site/
was not added to the list?