Yinbox - Fully integrated messenger with end-to-end encryption

Hi @Gordian , although you can connect and use the app at its current state, I would advice to wait for the beta as we still have some bugs to fix and as this is still a development version there will be periods where we delete data including all messages. Currently it is made available for the hackathon judging purpose.

The best time to start using the app is when the beta is live, which is planned for next month. I will keep in mind to inform everyone here when beta is available.

The features in your questions is not yet available but we have it in our plans to implement them in the future. Our first release will be an MVP which is limited to only basic and core features.

Thanks for your interest and continued support, we will work hard to make this a useful application for everyone.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification.
All the best

2 Likes

Your project idea to integrate messenger on blockchain technology seems interesting. Wish you all the best.

1 Like

Welcome to HackaTRON S4!
Very interesting project! Good luck!

2 Likes

How long are we going to enjoy the free period/quotaā€¦

4 Likes

@kaarasamuel9 Thanks for the question. The free quota is forever so there is no time period. How it works is that each time you create a private group or public channel, it will use up a free quota point. After 10 private groups and 1 public channel is created, and if it is still not enough and you would like to create more then the charges will apply. For direct messages there is no limit so you can DM as many people as you like (we are also exploring if there should be a limit for DM in order to prevent spams).

2 Likes

Wishing you the best in the hackathon!

2 Likes

Hi :wave:
I would like to know more about the energy consumption. When do we use energy (or pay gasfees) and what are the expected amounts for those different actions?

4 Likes

Greetings @jnlewis ! Thank you for your post!

1 Like

Thats a very nice project you have here, welcome to season 4 yinbox.

A person can only chat with a wallet address if and only if that wallet address is registered on your platform right? If that is the case, how do you plan on creating awareness to get more people onboard on this messaging app? (Marketing)

Also i have a suggestion to make;

In other to prevent scammers from doing away with peoples hard earned crypto, i suggest there should be an inbuilt escrow system.

So that money moved from one wallet will be locked in a yinbox wallet and can only be transferred to a receiver after yinbox have done their due diligence with the transferorā€™s wallet.

Thank you and wishing you luck this season.

4 Likes

Hi @fabsltsa , thanks for the question. There is a one time gas fee charged for each new conversation, like sending a message to a new wallet address or creating a private group. All messages sent in a conversation does not incur gas fees.

The energy consumed is equivalent to around 80 TRX, based on past test transactions, and we found a way to optimize this amount further for direct messages. Private groups created will still cost this amount. The app is still in early stages so things may change and I hope to find better ways to write the contract to consume the least fees possible.

1 Like

Hi @Nana66419 , thanks for the best wishes and the wonderful question. You can send a message to a wallet address even if they are not yet registered on the platform, and they will be able to read them once they connect their wallet as we keep all historical messages. When you send a message to an address that is not on the platform, an invite button will show up in the conversation so you can send an invite link to the person if you know them personally. We have other marketing strategies planned and will reveal them during the beta launch.

Also, thanks for the escrow suggestion to prevent scammers. We will consider it, however we were hoping not to have to manually validate transactions as that may impact scalability ie: many pending transactions will take a long time to validate. And also, generally people would want their transactions to execute instantly without waiting. Additionally, having a third party like Yinbox holding and controlling transactions takes power away from people, which is what we believe decentralization is about, people having full control and power over their funds (and data) without any third party being able to intercept.

3 Likes

Ok thats very good, in our attempt to decentralized our life, we can not rule out centralization 100%.

Also there is a project this season @lynndon called using knowledge map to analyze tron address.
I dont know if there can be a partnership where scammers addresses can be flagged for vulnerable people to take notice of the wallets they are dealing with. Thank you

4 Likes

As far as I know WalletConnect v2 has launch a chat which might be a huge competitor for your project. Those from etherscan have also a similar solutionā€¦ It might be a good ideea to check them but otherwise I really love the project. I look a little bot over the code so all the consversations are stored on the chain?

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up @constantinpricope201 ! Competitions can sometimes be a good thing as they help grow a market need for a service, and Iā€™m excited that there are other companies out there who are also interested in building a similar service. As for the conversations, yes you are right, they are stored in chain but only the conversation record, but not the messages themselves.

1 Like

Hi @jnlewis Welcome to S4!

Off the jump Iā€™d like to express gratitude to how quickly youā€™re responding to questions on this forum.

Hope to get a similar experience with a few questions I had about Yinbox:

1. What challenges have you experiences during the development of Yinbox?

2. How do you envision Yinbox evolving over time?

2 Likes

Thanks @EMerchant , sorry for the late reply as I just got back from a family holiday and didnā€™t take my laptop with me.

These are really good questions, Iā€™ll do my best to address them.

1. What challenges have you experiences during the development of Yinbox?
  • There were many challenges, but one that was difficult to tackle at a design and technical standpoint was making the app support different chains (not just EVM based), with the ability to extend to other chains in the future. I wanted Yinbox to support the top chains, with the ultimate goal of bridging communication gaps so people from different chains can chat with each other on a single platform.
  1. How do you envision Yinbox evolving over time?
  • Iā€™m not really hoping for the explosive growth that many founders aim for. Iā€™d rather start slow and grow steadily, giving the project time for stable developments and to evolve. The primary goal is to build a product that people find useful and would be happy to tell their friends about. Ultimately, i hope to see Yinbox as a place not just for people to get on to chat with others, but as a central hub for crypto transactions, ie: trading and swapping NFTs and tokens, discovering new coins and crypto news that our blockchain community can participate in. The end goal is a long shot, but starting small like the MVP state the project is currently in is definitely achievable.
6 Likes

Le felicito, este proyecto tiene muy buenas vistas a futuro.

4 Likes

This looks good. Keep up with the good work man :muscle:

3 Likes

This sounds like a really good project, though

2 Likes