ZkTickets - An event ticketing protocol using ZKP

Please, usin the website.
I had blank page while trading to fill the event details

1 Like

It’s on testnet, you need a crypto wallet like metamask to use the website

1 Like

Ok so I need some btt testnet tokens right? And please how will I get some

That happens if you don’t have a crypto wallet in your browser, you need it to use the website.
it onboards users to metamask.

post your address here, I can send, I have a lot of testnet tokens

I currently with no metamask wallet

Hope I don’t miss out

Will the transfer functionality allow for the transfer of partial tickets or only the entire ticket?

Entire tickets only. I never heard of half tickets for venues :slight_smile:

My idea is to create “makers” and “takers”.

so if you purchased a ticket you could be a maker and create a transfer request,

That could be 3 things:

1. A refund request, the taker has to be the event creator who will buy back the ticket

2. A transfer request to another specified address , so the taker can be only 1 address who can take the ticket for free or pay for it, depending on the request.

3. Open sale, in that case anybody can be a taker and purchase the ticket

I’m thinking the event creator could specify if the event ticket resale is “speculative”, so if yes then the resale price is custom, otherwise it has to be the same as the initial purchase price.

So then it’s possible to have events where the tickets are investments, but gives space for normal events where speculation would be a problem.

I will get to this eventually. Now my focus is the mobile app to have a good way to handle tickets at venues. I’m doing pretty good progress with it, it’s about 60% done.
So around the end of the month I get to coding the ticket transfers.

Till then if you are interested you can try the app and I can send you some testnet tokens too.

1 Like

This is really getting interesting as I’m amazed at the buidl. I’ve a few more questions;

How will the smart contract handle cases where the event creator specifies that the event ticket resale is “speculative”? Will the smart contract monitor the resale price or will it be up to the maker and taker to agree on the price?

Will the refund request be available to all makers or only to those who purchased the ticket directly from the event creator?

How will the smart contract ensure that the taker is the legitimate recipient of the transfer and not a scalper looking to profit from the ticket resale?

Are there any plans to incorporate a rating or review system for event creators or attendees to help build trust within the protocol?

How will the mobile app handle the transfer and resale functionalities? Will it have a separate interface or will it be integrated into the ticket management system?

I’m interested in testing the game and yeah, I’ll need testnet tokens.

The questions have in some way repeated itself so kindly use the edit button to remove the duplicates.

1 Like

I think you have a great project going.
How do you plan on promoting the project to reach the needed audience.

1 Like

Thanks for the questions

How will the smart contract handle cases where the event creator specifies that the event ticket resale is “speculative”? Will the smart contract monitor the resale price or will it be up to the maker and taker to agree on the price?

Each ticket has a price, that’s how it works right now.
I can just save an extra boolean (true or false) variable when the event is created ( a checkbox), that could work like : if true then allow custom resale price if false then resale price needs to equal initial sale price. In solidity this is a require() function. Quite easy to do.

Will the refund request be available to all makers or only to those who purchased the ticket directly from the event creator?

I think it’s only for purchases from the event creator. But if the resale is not speculative then it could be for all.

How will the smart contract ensure that the taker is the legitimate recipient of the transfer and not a scalper looking to profit from the ticket resale?

Basically the data structure that I use for storing these transfer requests can have the variable of the recipients address. It’s also just a simple check in the code like… if the recipient has to be x then all other transactions will fail. It’s not complicated stuff.

Are there any plans to incorporate a rating or review system for event creators or attendees to help build trust within the protocol?

No. But anyone can build one. That’s a separate thing entirely.

How will the mobile app handle the transfer and resale functionalities? Will it have a separate interface or will it be integrated into the ticket management system?

It’s only for checking if tickets are valid at venues. Everything else will be on the web.

1 Like

It’s depending on the result of the hackathon, how much I can spend on it. But same way like others. I will probably hire to get help with that.

I think reddit/r/cryptocurrency ads would be great. It depends how much that costs.

2 Likes

All things being equal, i know you will do great.

I just accessed the dapp. But a bit confused with the Handler what should i input there.

Also how much does it cost to create an event?

1 Like

You can leave the handler empty. It’s a smart contract address ,it’s optional.

It has only gas fees, I take no fees to create events.

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

Are there any plans to create tokens which will give token holders access to some PRO functionalities in the future??

1 Like

Sure. If the app gets some traction, I’m open to the idea of issuing tokens in the future.

1 Like

I hope it gets the needed traction and we will help to push it forward. If in the future you need a place to list your tokens, don’t hesitate to contact @fabsltsa of @JustMoney, they will sort you out.

Will send a DM for some testnet tokens.

Will ask further questions and make suggestions as and when i continue to explore the platform.

3 Likes

I will send you a dm with it please