ZkTickets - An event ticketing protocol using ZKP

After watching the video i can see its very easy to create an event and sell your tickets fast.

I know @fabsltsa raised a concern ago about ticket resale, where people will capitalize on this, buy out all tickets and now determine the prizes.
Which to me was a very tangible point he raised.

Is there a limit to the number of tickets a person can buy per an account.?

Also in the video, the refund is only possible if the creator of the tickets agrees, if he doesnt can there be a place to trust score the creator as credible or not credible in terms of refunds??

2 Likes

Good point.

So restricting how many tickets an account can buy will not solve the issue because a malicious actor can create many wallets.

I added an extra parameter to the event creation where you can specify if you want to allow speculation of ticket resale prices.

If it’s off then the tickets cannot be resold for a different price.
So you can buy a ticket at 100 BTT and sell it for 100 BTT or get a refund and that’s it.

But if the event creator allows it, then it all boils down to tokenomics and distribution.

There is a token with 10 Million total supply called TPR. (Ticket Pro)
You need to stake 1000 tokens to sell 1 ticket at a custom price.

If you want to sell a ticket you purchased for a different price then you need to stake 1000 TPR to do that,
and if you want to sell one more, you need to stake 2000TPR etc, it increases the more you want to resell.

So let’s say you have an event with 100 tickets, if somebody buys these tickets to profit on resale,
they need to be staking 100 * 1000 tokens, which is 0.1% of the total supply.

I propose to do an airdrop and launchpad 1% of the token supply and then a DAO can form to control the rest of the token supply. It’s not possible to mint more but the tokens can be burned.

I am considering all feedback I get here. I can implement a trust scoring system, like you could give a score from 1-5 and leave a message and maybe show it under the address of the event creator.
I’m putting that on the roadmap before audit and mainnet launch.

4 Likes

Heyy i love the idea! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Me parece un punto muy importante, el no permitir nigun tipo de especulación.

3 Likes

I think it depends on the use case.

For an event like a conference or a concert, speculation is a big negative.

However, just think about how Justin Sun paid $4.57 million to have a lunch with Warren Buffet.

If you are an influencer maybe your fans would be interested to meet you and you could sell tickets for that. In this case, price speculation can be interesting and it’s similar to NFT markets but instead of investing in owning a JPEG, you invest in a “claim” you can exchange for an experience.

This is a possible use-case I’m looking to explore in the future because I thought about marketing zkTickets by reaching out to influencers who could monetize their fans this way.

5 Likes

When you put it in this way, it makes a whole lot of sense. I love it and really support your idea of wanting to explore in that direction.

1 Like

Me parece bien esta alternativa.

Maybe an auction system for tickets would be more adapted to that. So if someone wants to raise money for a charity, like Warren buffet’s diners, they can start tickets auction.

1 Like

Project idea seems interesting. All the best

1 Like

It’s great to see innovative projects like ZKTickets being developed using cutting-edge technologies like Circom, Solidity, and Hardhat.

The use of zero-knowledge proofs to protect the privacy of users is a powerful feature that adds a new layer of security and privacy to ticketing systems.

Best Wishes to the team.

4 Likes

Greetings @barfolomew Thank you for your post!

I really love project on ZKP. I saw this ideea on ZKU @Harmony and I ask myself then what will be the advantages of using this web3 instead of a normal ticket management platform.Can you outline them?

1 Like

I haven’t posted this on ZKU at Harmony so that is a different project.

This project is a protocol while normal ticket management platforms are services so it’s a different approach altogether.

I would not say one is better then the other, they are to be used for different situations.

These are some of the things ZKTIckets offers that traditional platforms don’t:

1. An uncensorable protocol that cannot be turned off. There are no servers only smart contracts and front end.

2. You can use ZKTickets in countries where other platforms are not available.

3. No KYC ,no signups.

4. You can sell tickets without a middle man. No third party access to your funds.

5. Payments are in cryptocurrency using metamask or other wallet.

6. The project is a novel implementation that achieves a similar goal like traditional platforms but using modern cryptography.

7. It has programmable ticket handling, so if you are a developer you can do a lot of extra things with it, like sell tokens or mint POAPs.

8. It works in real life but also in metaverses, I have been researching integration into voxels .com for example, you can sell tickets to visit parcels, which would not be possible with normal platforms but it requires some programming experience to implement it.

9. Ticket scalping can be just turned off if the event creator wants to.

10. The event creator can earn 1% from all future ticket resale.

ZkTickets is not trying to compete with traditional platforms in any ways, it’s a new take on solving an old problem.

4 Likes

Gracias, por la aclaración, me parece perfecto que se usen otras alternativas a las convencionales.

1 Like

This is comprehensive list of reasons why to use
Your project.
Very good… All the best

I love this.
Not as a Competition
But as COMPLEMENT TO THE TRADITIONAL WAY

Great reasons :handshake:
thanks for taking your time to bring these reasons out. Keep building

1 Like

Hi @barfolomew Welcome to S4!

ZKTickets looks like a great project so far and you’ve been great at responding to the community with their questions and that’s always a wonderful thing to witness on the forum.

Was hoping you could help me with some UX questions I had:

1. What kind of feedback have you received from users who have tested the platform so far?
  2. Have you identified any areas for improvement or new features that you would like to add?
  3. What kind of support do you offer to event organizers who are using ZKTickets? Are there any training or resources available to help them get started?

Hi! @EMerchant

Thank you!

I would say the feedback is good, people mainly really like it, but some are concerned about dishonest event organizers because the protocol is trustless and there was a concern about bots.

I am doing my best to combat these issues and have added features to mitigate ticket scalping and I’m creating a “warning system” about malicious organizers so users don’t have to rely on DYOR to purchase tickets.

So, a new feature that is coming soon is “Event Warnings”, it’s actually implemented already but not available to use, yet. It does what the name implies and warns users to proceed with caution in case an event received high severity warnings.

So this is something to improve on, but will only become very important once the protocol is in use.

Another thing to improve on is liquidity, as my project offers tokens I’m planning to use the asset-mapping features of BTTC so I can bring liquidity from another chain so I’m working to integrate BTT Mintable Asset Mapping contracts from the Bittorrent Chain docs and use the bridge.

I also have plans to make the ticket sale embeddable, maybe create a component that people can use with their website to include it and work on compatibility with different metaverses too like voxels .

The domain name zktickets.xyz is reserved for a landing page, which is not developed,yet but I plan to. The protocol for the btt network is available at btt.zktickets.xyz .

I am producing tutorial videos to use with the protocol as we speak and full documentation is going to be available. There is already more information online on the team’s notion page where the research of the underlying technology is also documented.

I am currently working together with a video designer on animated explainer videos, which will be used for marketing.

So it is coming along nicely and most of my future plans revolve around user acquisition and not just the development of the tech, which is just as challenging and time consuming.

I hope I have answered all your questions
Thank you for your comment

3 Likes

As I really love zero knowledge tech out of the web3 track you have my vote! Congrats for all the work!

1 Like