BlockForest: TRON's Carbon Credit Explorer & Marketplace

Thanks for the detailed explanation

Will there be any incentives for users to contribute to the planting of trees beyond the satisfaction of knowing they are participating in something meaningful? For example, will users be able to earn rewards or discounts for making carbon credit transactions or contributing to tree planting funds?

1 Like

Hey there @manfred_jr, good question which hit the point from the aspect of incentives. How can planting trees benefits the planter which encourages this action cycle to keep continuing in the future is important. For milestone 1, indeed contributing carbon credits to plant trees in real life won’t benefit users from the aspect of money but the satisfaction of participation will. In milestone 2, what really can benefit users is when BlockForest introduces more carbon credit options to purchases. One direct example is to introduce fractional shares of green energy funds in the form of carbon credits which can directly enjoy the dividend or share price appreciation of that specific green fund. This is the only way where users can really contribute to the earth while also getting benefits in the form of money.

Welcome to Hackathon S4! Good luck and keep buildinggg!

1 Like

Hey there @GrabTeam, thanks for the support. If you found my project interesting, consider drop me a vote at the forum~ This means a lot to me! Good luck for your project also

2 Likes

Thanks for the detailed explanation and taking out time to clarify, goodluck on your journey.

1 Like

Thanks @manfred_jr , hope my answers clarify your doubt! If you found my project very interesting, don’t hesitate to drop me a vote in the forum~ This will mean a lot to me! Appreciate~

1 Like

You’re welcome buddy and you got my vote, just lmk how to

1 Like

Hi @tanzhixuan Welcome to S4 of the TRON Hackathon!

Thank you for bringing this project to the community and being so awesome with answering the questions and I hope you can answer a few of mine:

1. Can you explain the process that BlockForest uses to break down the cost of planting a tree into smaller pieces of carbon credits?

2. How does BlockForest ensure the accuracy of carbon credit quotas assigned to TRON users and transactions recorded on the platform?

Great initiative by helping to protect our environment and also a detailed explanation of your project, wishing you all the best…

1 Like

I found your project very creative, but you did not share your smart contract due to the competition rules. The other day, a team was directly disqualified for such a lack of rules. Could you provide an explanation?

What do you think about this situation? @Nana66419 @Prince-Onscolo

1 Like

@admin.hackathon @Gordian just because I am new user, I am tagging u in new comment for this situation

I found your project very creative, but you did not share your smart contract due to the competition rules. The other day, a team was directly disqualified for such a lack of rules. Could you provide an explanation?
What do you think about this situation?

Hello Hem, welcome to the Tron Dao forum
Browse round the forum.
Read through, comments quality views
To have your Basic badge ready to vote
For your favourite project.

Don’t miss out

1 Like

No no, I am not even looking for badge. Just checking for projects to invest maybe. I tagged u because they don’t have smart contracts

we leave that to the admins. I have seen you have tag them. Those who made it to the next round will be made known soon.

1 Like

Hi @EMerchant, thanks for the question:

1. BlockForest had its own tree block chain system which would generate a new tree block each time a tree block had collected enough carbon credit and transferred it to the BlockForest fund pool. Hence, breaking down the cost of planting a tree into smaller pieces of carbon credits is much easier to understand which each tree block is actually representing a tree and the carbon credits it need to collect is the cost of planting that particular tree. You can imagine each carbon credit is a fractional cost of the tree planting action.

2. BlockForest is a big aggregator on TRON network which utilize TRON Grid API and BlockForest itself backend processing. Hence, every transaction on TRON was tracked accurately and you can try it out also~

Hope I answer your question!

1 Like

Hi @Hem1i ,

BlockForest is actually a big aggregator of the TRON network activities and our platform utilizes the power of those transactions actually to fund the tree-planting actions. Hence, if you actually run through the whole platform, you can discover that you can track your own TRON account and your transaction history of yourself. BlockForest have its own database to store all the carbon credit purchasing status of ALL the transactions on TRON network, hence, you can always use this opportunity to contra your negative impact to the earth when performing a transaction on the network. Its a good question to point out the smart contract thing, but BlockForest handle all the transactions using an automated fund pool system which will collect all the funds there which will be used to handle the cost of planting the trees. After the trees are planted, don’t be worry, all the metadata and info of the tree will be recorded by our BlockForest tree metadata tracker which you can see in my description~

Do anticipate the cool things in Milestone 2 @Hem1i , as we will be introducing NFT badge for each individual tree block and the planter (contributor) will able to mint it and display it on their account. And we will also introduce more options and gamification nature into the carbon credit purchasing action.

Thanks for raising out your doubt and hope I answer your questions! Our team build everything accordingly to the rules too and wish to bring more interesting features and innovation ideas to the TRON ecosystem

Hi @Gordian, thanks for visiting my project and leaving a comment~ Wish you good day!

Thanks @Prince-Onscolo for helping me replying to @Hem1i question as Im busy for the past few days and didn’t notice it! Good luck for everything~

1 Like

We are in the same category, I was following your project closely. I don’t want to eulogize so longly, but I have one short comment. You worked very clean and amazing. When I looked at the university in your bio, which I was already curious about, I became more confident about your work style.

I think this project should be considered and advertised more. Hopefully you get great prizes and have a nice week. Best wishes with you. Good luck :dizzy:

This project keeps a record of all transactions making room for accountability, definitely a project to trust