Bored Ape Yacht Club NFTs Explained

NFTs have been around for five years, but the nonfungible token boom only truly began in 2021. It coincided almost perfectly with the launch of Bored Ape Yacht Club, a collection of 10,000 cartoon ape NFTs that’s come to embody the whole industry. BAYC has over the past year become a bellwether for NFTs, just like bitcoin is for the crypto market at large.

When NFTs were at their hottest, in April, the entry price for Bored Ape Yacht Club NFTs was $400,000. Following the crypto crash, caused by the Federal Reserve’s hiking of inflation rates to tackle inflation, that’s fallen closer to $150,000. Far from the all-time-high, but insane considering these NFTs sold for about $200 apiece last April.

You’ve probably seen a BAYC, even if you didn’t realize you were looking at one.

Bored Ape owners currently using their NFT as a Twiter profile picture include Timbaland (1.6 million followers), Eminem (22.6 million followers) and footballer Neyman Jr. (55 million followers). Jimmy Fallon and Paris Hilton are also BAYC holders, discussing their Apes in a (cringey) Tonight Show segment. Justin Bieber made headlines with his purchase of a $1.29 million Bored Ape Yacht Club NFT in February.

74 Likes

Great explanation! Keep it up fam

11 Likes

Wow this is enlightening thanks for the piece

8 Likes

Nicely explain . Great work

10 Likes

Love being this way… Keep it up my friend. Fam

10 Likes

BoredApe is one of the nft I like most honestly

10 Likes

You explained this nicely,well done

5 Likes

Did I just see 150k USD?

6 Likes

It is well explained nice

6 Likes

It is well explained and a very nice project

4 Likes

Thanks for this, I wish to know more about this NFTs

2 Likes

i like this, good explanation

5 Likes

Very good project :rocket: let’s go to the moon #apenft

4 Likes

Wow this is enlightening thanks for the piece of advice​:ok_hand::ok_hand::100::100::100::100:

2 Likes

good explanation!!! :+1:

3 Likes

Hola, gracias por introducirnos en la historia de estos NFT.

1 Like

Wow, this is nice, good job man

4 Likes

What is the future for bored apes now?

2 Likes

loved it. keep it up :+1:

2 Likes

Bored Ape Yacht Club sheds light on the forum with such statements and enlightens people. It was a successful article, I started following you closely. What else will we see?

2 Likes