btSQL | Decentralised database on BTFS

I’m really interested in architecture, if you could discuss on that.
Are you are creating a new data set in btfs, for every change in the table.
Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Would really love to contribute if possible in future.

Ok, I can see you have a lot in your sleeve. It takes a bit step at a time to achieve greatness. Good luck to you in your future plans

1 Like

Thanks for your appreciation. We have a few features in our pipeline already. We will look into you project for integration post that.
Also kudos to you guys for shipping an awesome dev tool. Will surely enhance the user experience for many.

Thanks for your appreciation. This really helps us to keep building more. :pray:

Thanks for the best wishes. We will keep you posted as we release new features

1 Like

Thanks for showing your interest in the technical architecture. I will try to write a separate post about this very soon, to get the feedback of wider audience.

For your question regarding handling updates on data, this has been a very interesting problem statement we have been trying to solve. To begin with, for the first version, we went to push it as a new dataset, but making sure that we don’t keep more than 5 versions on BTFS, to keep freeing unnecessary storage.
Post that, we have been working on trying to work on the model of delta tables, where all the operations are maintained via DeltaLog(Delta Lake transaction log). It is a json which contains all the applied operations and older history, while the data is persisted incrementally in parquet files. Whenever we try to query a Delta Table, the Delta Adapter first checks the DeltaLog and then read all the relevant parquet files. You can keep running Delta Optimise jobs regularly to delete the unnecessary parquet files after a few operations. Our team has over 5 years of professional experience building with Delta Tables, and we think this can be the best approach to tackle nuances of decentralised storage.

Based on this we are experimenting to build a Transaction Log manager for us, which will free us from updating the table again and again.

Hope I could clear your query, would love to know if you have any more suggestions.

2 Likes

Welcome to Grand hackathon S7 all the best

1 Like

Thanks @Nweke-nature1.com for the welcome.

that nice, lets hope for the best of this project

2 Likes

Ok, I will be expecting that

1 Like

From what I get, one of the approach you are using to encourage users to use btSQL is through pricing of upto 500MB which is free. I will like to know how you plan to handle scalability as the number of users increase. Are you still going to offer this free pricing of upto 500MB data storage?

1 Like

What measures are in place to ensure transparency and security within the Tron Community Energy Bot system, particularly regarding the management of TRX and Energy Points?
@btSQL

@Chukseucharia thanks for checking out our project.

Regarding your question, we definitely plan to offer a generous free tier to give users an actual sense of how our product works and if it suits their need. The inexpensive storage from BTFS gives us the ability to offer this free tier even if get a lot of users and a fraction of them start paying.

1 Like

@Anderson sorry didn’t understand your question. Is this for any other project?

1 Like

Hi btSQL Team, Good idea and great work.

If you have a moment, I’d love for you to check out our submission as well: Brawls Champions
We’d really appreciate your feedback!

:boom: New Brawls Are Live – Jump In and Start Brawling! :boom:

Thanks for the appreciation @ashushar

Brawls also looks like a great idea with a lot of potential. The dual token idea is really great to onboard more people. Will checkout the new Brawls for sure.

1 Like

A great one keep on improving

1 Like

Glad that you liked our project @Abdul1997

Ok thank you for clarifying this.

1 Like

Hello Community, we are elated to be a part of the qualified projects and excited to enter the voting phase. Looking for your support in the integration track.

Please try out our project and cast your votes - #I8: btSQL | Decentralised database on BTFS

Nevertheless, our work on javascript sdk is almost complete and will be releasing by tomorrow.

1 Like