Project Name: BTT Social - Decentralized social media platform on BTT Chain (Testnet)
Project Track: Web3
Team Name: Team “BTT Social”
Team Member(s): @beta3alpha
HackerEarth Project Link: BTT Social - HackaTRON Season 5 - Submission | HackerEarth Hackathons
BTT Social is aimed to create a social web3 space where users can share content (pictures, audio, etc.), monetize it, as well as interact with other users by following each other, liking, commenting, tipping and much more.
And since this project is deployed on the BTT Chain, it will contribute to the growth of the entire BTTC ecosystem, especially in the Social sector.
BTT Social is a decentralized social media platform on BTT Chain (Testnet).
Functionality of the application:
- Connect Metamask wallet;
- View general statistics for BTT Social: number of users, posts, comments & likes;
- Create posts with multimedia content using IPFS;
- Monetize your content (photo, video or audio). Currently only BTT asset available for tips;
- Like and leave comments on posts;
- Edit your profile details (name, bio, avatar image);
- Follow and unfollow users;
- Switch from light or dark themes and access the platform in multiple languages;
Project Website: https://bttsocial.netlify.app/
Project Test Instructions:
To start using this application, you only need to have a Metamask wallet with test BTT tokens on the BTTC Testnet (Donau). Faucet link: https://testfaucet.bt.io/
You need to open the application in the browser, connect your Metamask wallet by clicking the button in the upper right corner and you can already try all the functionality: creating posts, liking, commenting and much more.
To better familiarize yourself and understand how the project works, you can look at the following material:
- Video guide / demo: Project "BTT Social" for TRON Hackathon Season 5 on Vimeo
- Project Slide Deck: BTT Social.pdf - Google Drive
Smart Contract links:
- explorer: Contract Address 0x5897e3e03d78adee601471774f7c96cf58342923 | BTTC
The main features of the “BTT Social” project can already be tested on the BTT Chain Testnet.
Next steps for BTT Social:
- Creating an achievement system;
- Creating a feature to create private content only for those who sent tips;
- Adding new assets for sending tips;
- Deploy dapp to BTT Chain Mainnet.