Cloak | TronCloak - Secure, private, anonymous transactions , HackaTron Season 4! šŸ¦˜

If its not illegal then i think it is best to ban those that use the services to facilitate illegal activities than to take down the whole tool which to me is not fair.

I think you have a great project going, kindly keep building and wishing you all the best.

3 Likes

In as much as the concept is a great one, we shouldnā€™t ignore the fact that it will aid in carrying out illegal transaction among the senders and the receivers. The beauty of cryptocurrency has remained the fact that every transaction is recorded in the blockchain where everyone can see it for transparency purposes. So, with the introduction of ā€œstealth addressesā€ I think it will fight against the beauty of blockchain technology which is transparency.

One question I would like to ask, if I receive (letā€™s say TRX) with the stealth address generated for the transaction, and will like to transfer the TRX to my main Tron wallet. Wonā€™t it still be recorded in the blockchain for everyone to see the transaction? And if it can, what will happen to the sending address in my transaction, in this case, the stealth address I used to receive the TRX from the initial sender.

1 Like

Can you provide more technical details about how the ring signature scheme works and how it is implemented in TRONCloak?

yeh i can tell you about ring signatures but TronCloak doesnt relate to ring signature . Ring signature works like a combination of multiple signature to prove the validity of transaction but here we are not doing such thing.

1 Like

Yes, thatā€™s correct as well! In the case of using a stealth address, every transaction is still recorded on the blockchain. However, the important difference is that the privacy of the receiver is maintained, as the link between the sender and receiver is broken, which provides complete anonymity to the receiver.

So, even though the transaction itself is recorded on the blockchain and is visible to everyone, no one can identify the receiver, as their real address is hidden behind the stealth address. The receiver can receive funds anonymously and remain in full control of the funds in the stealth address without anyone else knowing who they are.

Secondly. When you receive TRX to a stealth address, you own the private key associated with that address, which means you have full control over the funds in that address. You can transfer the TRX to your main Tron wallet, or you can choose to leave it in the stealth address for safekeeping. The choice is entirely up to you, and you have complete autonomy over the funds in the stealth address.

1 Like

Oh okay, I get it now, thanks mate :+1:t4:

1 Like

Very helpful. Thanks for the clarification. Wishing you the best in your hackathon participation

2 Likes

Hi @maaz Welcome to S4!

I had a few questions in terms of the security of Cloak:

1. What measures have been put in place to ensure the security of the Cloak platform?

2. Have there been any security breaches in the past, and if so, how were they addressed?

1 Like

Would be used for money laundering and crime alot

We have designed the platform with privacy and security as top priorities, and have implemented cryptographic algorithms and one-time-use keys to keep user information confidential and secure. Additionally, we are conducting testing procedures, code reviews, and audits to identify and address any potential security vulnerabilities.
,the Cloak platform has not experienced any reported security breaches to date. However, we recognize that security is an ongoing concern, and are dedicated to continually monitoring the platform for potential vulnerabilities and promptly addressing any issues that may arise.

2 Likes

Cloak is not designed to facilitate illegal activities. Itā€™s simply a tool that allows users to maintain their financial privacy on the Tron blockchain. Itā€™s up to the users to ensure that theyā€™re not using the technology to facilitate any illegal activities .

1 Like

Where is the private key generated: locally on the user browser, or on the dApp back-end? How can the user be sure that no one else can intercept it, even the team behind Cloak?

Good Question!

The private key is generated on demand by combining the userā€™s ā€œdontrevealmeā€ key with an ephemeral public key using a mathematical process known as elliptic curve multiplication. This process produces a unique private key for each transaction that is not stored in any backend or on the blockchain.

It is important to note that the private key can only be calculated by the user who holds the ā€œdontrevealmeā€ key, and not by anyone else. This provides an additional layer of security, as it means that only the intended recipient of the transaction can access the funds sent to the stealth address.

Furthermore, since the private key is not stored on any central server or on the blockchain, it is much harder for hackers or other malicious actors to gain access to it. As long as the user keeps their ā€œdontrevealmeā€ key secure and follows best practices for securing it.

Ok, but on which side is the key generated: on the client side or the server side?

on client side not on server

2 Likes

We kindly request you to explore our live application, available at https://troncloak.netlify.app/ on the Shasta testnet. We would greatly appreciate your valuable feedback on any usability concerns or potential issues you may encounter. Your input is highly valued and instrumental in further enhancing our product. Thank you for your feedback and support!:pray:

1 Like

we are doing a bit upgrade on our User interface. Goal is to make cloakā€™s Ui extremly user-friendly.:heartpulse:

1 Like

Dont forget to vote ā€œCloakā€ in defi category
If u have any doubt related to the project make sure to comment here . ā€¦

2 Likes

Wishing you all the best cloak team. I hope you come out victorious.

3 Likes

Thank you for your well wishes! We appreciate your support. @Nana66419

1 Like