Ecomarket - Open Marketplace for Procuring Used & Recycled Plastics Online

Thanks for your support and questions @Nana66419 !

At the beginning, we plan on renting small shops to use as collection centers. We will only process/hold a maximum of 1 tonne of plastics due to capacity limits at these collection centers. As we expand, we will move to larger warehouses to increase our capacity to hold/process more plastics.

Yes, we will be using a weighing scale similar to the one shown in the image below to measure the weight of the deposited plastics.

In the near future, we also plan to purchase reverse vending machines for our collection centers, which weā€™ll program to automatically weigh deposits and payout tokens automatically to depositors.

You are somewhat correct. Even though LDPE plastics can be recycled, the process is inefficient due to the time-consuming cleaning and sorting process involved. Therefore, we are limiting collection only to easily recyclable plastics like PET, HDPE, PVC, etc.

Your question has given us an idea: we will create a guide for recyclers that clearly illustrates the type of plastics that they can deposit.

Thanks again for your comments!

4 Likes

You are highly welcome to TronDao forum community feel free to interact :handshake:

Thank you and i am very happy you took the time to clear all my doubt.

With the right education and awareness, this can be a great business venture that can eradicate the unemployment issue we face as a continent.

Will be very happy to own a shop that collects the recommended types of plastics. Wishing you all the best.

I realized the team used Uganda in your case studies. This begs me to ask, is the team from UGANDA :uganda:??

2 Likes

Thanks @Nana66419! Glad my answers were helpful

Yes, you are correct! One of our team members is from Uganda, and we are piloting EcoMarketā€™s operations in the following countries:

• Uganda
  • Kenya

We are also considering piloting in Ghana, but because we donā€™t have any team members from Ghana, we hope to be able to collaborate with any interested folks there who would love to promote EcoMarket & help onboard companies & collectors to the platform.

Other team members come from the following countries:

• Uganda
  • Mauritius
1 Like

Thanks @Nana66419! Glad my answers were helpful

Yes, you are correct. One of our team members is from Uganda, and we are piloting EcoMarketā€™s operations in the following countries:

• Uganda
  • Kenya

We are also considering piloting in Ghana, but because we donā€™t have any team members from Ghana, we hope to be able to collaborate with any interested folks there who would love to promote EcoMarket & help onboard companies & collectors to the platform.

2 Likes

Thats very nice, i see people collecting these plastics on a daily basis but i dont really know where they take them to. I think its time i did some checks

3 Likes

In my place, the collection are done,.
For some form of recycling.
But I rarely see the place of recycling.

1 Like

The compatibility of your project with real life makes people very happy. What kind of different doors do you think this project will lead to in the future? Do you think this project has a future, and if so, what kind of future awaits you?

3 Likes

Good project considering the environment but is there a way to attract people to recycle because the payment for recycling will be very small how do you plan to get people to participate in this program if they are going to receive very little compensation and how do you plan to involve uneducated people

2 Likes

Thanks for your question @Hirangi! The buyer will be responsible for picking up the delivered plastics from the collection center.

It is a good initiative to create a guide for recyclers, this will make people aware of the types of plastic.
Congratulations.

3 Likes

Great wordsā€¦ Guess Iā€™m becoming bigger soon

2 Likes

The project description is thorough but I hope to have more information about your project.

2 Likes

Thanks for your comment @senji1112!

What would you like to know?

1 Like

This is a very good and nice idea and would help africa a lot if u can get it to work

I have one question tho, would they be rewards for the collectors of the waste?

3 Likes

Hi @Drey12 - thanks for your support. Yes, there will be rewards for the collectors of the waste. We will provide offramping channels, so they can convert these rewards to cash.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Weā€™re proud to announce that the EcoMarket smart contract has been deployed to mainnet, with the smart contract address: TAxvBgBvNdXX6gee7eL1yurxaqXuskALu8

We have also made updates that will enable anyone to be able to sign up & test the EcoMarket app, either as a company or collector, using their mainnet TronLink wallet.

We have also secured a physical location that will serve as a collection center for our pilot, where we will collect plastics and provide rewards to collectors.

More details coming soon!

5 Likes

So happy for you guys

I will be looking out for your project.
All the best

2 Likes

I love this, all team up and working
Congratulations
keep building

2 Likes

Felicidades, estƔn realizando un buen trabajo, estoy atento a sus avances.

2 Likes