How do i start a private message?

Help says that we should click on the recipient’s avatar and then click the :email: button but I don’t see this button anywhere on the profile page? do I have to complete some tasks before I can DM?

31 Likes

Same issue for me. First time using the forum. Will like to know how to~

7 Likes

Should be a big red button on the top right.

To see your private messages, go to:

https://forum.trondao.org/u/{your_username_here}/messages

Replace {your_username_here} with your username.

11 Likes

Nope, cant see any button whatsoever :person_shrugging:
After some digging I found private messaging function comes with Basic Badge for which we have to reach trust level 1. Now my doubt is how do we reach that level? What tasks or amount of activity should I do to get it?

9 Likes

i think this is because you are new. need to wait a few hours.

4 Likes

Same problem here. I’ve waited for several days to make sure. I’ve even completed the training bot introduction thing. I am unable to message anyone :frowning:

Post Edit: After reading about the trust level thing I did a little digging around. Here is how to improve your trust level on these forums:

• Entering at least 5 topics
  • Reading at least 30 posts
  • Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

Basically spend some time on here a little more and it’ll improve to at least level 1. Since I can’t post links due to my trust level I had to copy and paste the bullet points you need to complete…

13 Likes

Same problem for me as well. Spend a whole 10 min trying to figure this thing out.

5 Likes

How can I message someone is there a solution to that?

Post edit:

You can drop your devpost username under a thread in the TRON Hackathon category

8 Likes

You must be on trust level one to do DMs

5 Likes

Haha :joy: ,:heart_eyes: @tanzhixuan

1 Like

is any problem with that?

2 Likes

Thank you. This is a very helpful information :slight_smile:

Still waiting for to get level up

I cant send any message but im not Trust level 1 :sweat: Is this the reason ???