Inviting all devs to build on decentralised DB

Hello @Smart1 sorry for delayed response but your questions are spot on and will actually help me resolve doubts of the majority of developer community.

1. We utilise file based DB to load the data on server and optimise the speed while querying the data regularly, which ensure that the speed is on par with regular database.
  2. The data is encrypted using the client’s secret key that is available to only that client, making sure that the data on BTFS is fully protected. Users can for sure verify this. We provide link to the btfs file for all the tables, and users can open the link and verify the encrypted data. The metadata link however shows the list of table names in the selected Database, it is public and just shows table names to make sure that the correct underlying database is selected
  3. Please visit our website and connect wallet to get started. The demo video shows it all. Looking for feedback on how can we increase the usability and any initial usecases where developers can start testing the project
  4. This is an important point, which becomes a bottleneck of a decentralised distributed storage, due to which we have a backup of the database, in an archived s3 storage, which is maintained only in case there is any data loss
  5. There is an npm package we are going to publish soon to interact with the service from your applications itself. The documentation for it is always live on the project dashboard. Please check it out and share feedback.

Hope I could answer your questions well, let me know if there are any concerns yet

3 Likes