Project Name: Miscanthus Finance
Project Track: DeFi
Team Name: Miscanthus Finance
Team Member(s): 1- LordEvendim
DevPost URL: Miscanthus Finance | Devpost
- Bring a derivative market of expirable futures contracts to TRON
- Allow users to hedge their risks using futures contracts
- Give investors and speculators more investment opportunities
Inspiration for this project was partially from requests I have seen of investors requesting a market for expirable futures contracts. The derivatives market is currently valued at $12.4 trillion. Miscanthus aims to bring that market to the blockchain and give investors the possibility to trade and write futures contracts directly on the TRON network. Each contract will be represented as an NFT, which gives more flexibility to the investors. Moreover, this feature will allow users to sell, auction, or giveaway their not-expired contracts.
- lack of markets for trading expirable futures
- locking liquidity when buying a futures contract
- create a market for expirable futures contracts
- represent every contract as an NFT
- allow users to transfer, view and manage their contracts
Miscanthus Finance is a decentralized market for expirable futures contracts. Users can either write or buy listed contracts. Each contract is represented as an NFT so it can be further transferred, auctioned, or even used in a giveaway. This feature might be handy for investors who locked their liquidity by buying a contract but are now in the urge to get their funds back. In that case, they can utilize the contract’s flexibility and auction it before it expires.
The project also has a feature to display and manage all active positions. From the dashboard, investors can settle, manage and cancel their contracts.
- Start with the market for expirable futures contracts
- Improve Station Bids to let users sell their positions represented as NFTs
- Collect and implement feedback received from the community
- Create markets for more derivative assets options, perpetual futures, straddle options, etc.
Join the community: