My Four(4) Favourite Paintings of all time

1. THE SWING.
    The Swing (French: L’Escarpolette), also known as The Happy Accidents of the Swing (French: Les Hasards heureux de l’escarpolette, the original title), is an 18th-century oil painting by Jean-Honoré Fragonard in the Wallace Collection in London. It is considered to be one of the masterpieces of the Rococo era, and is Fragonard’s best-known work.

2. THE KISS.
    The Kiss (in German Der Kuss) is an oil-on-canvas painting with added gold leaf, silver and platinum by the Austrian Symbolist painter Gustav Klimt. It was painted at some point in 1907 and 1908, during the height of what scholars call his “Golden Period”. It was exhibited in 1908 under the title Liebespaar (the lovers) as stated in the catalogue of the exhibition. The painting depicts a couple embracing each other, their bodies entwined in elaborate beautiful robes decorated in a style influenced by the contemporary Art Nouveau style and the organic forms of the earlier Arts and Crafts movement. The painting now hangs in the Österreichische Galerie Belvedere museum in the Belvedere, Vienna, and is considered a masterpiece of Vienna Secession (local variation of Art Nouveau) and Klimt’s most popular work.

3. THE STARRY NIGHT. (One of my personal favourites)
    The Starry Night (Dutch: De sterrennacht) is an oil-on-canvas painting by the Dutch Post-Impressionist painter Vincent van Gogh. Painted in June 1889, it depicts the view from the east-facing window of his asylum room at Saint-Rémy-de-Provence, just before sunrise, with the addition of an imaginary village. It has been in the permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art in New York City since 1941, acquired through the Lillie P. Bliss Bequest. Widely regarded as Van Gogh’s magnum opus, The Starry Night is one of the most recognizable paintings in Western art.

4. THE MONA LISA. (Ofc! And Not because it’s famous)
    The Mona Lisa (/ˌmoʊnə ˈliːsə/ MOH-nə LEE-sə; Italian: Gioconda [dʒoˈkonda] or Monna Lisa [ˈmɔnna ˈliːza]; French: Joconde [ʒɔkɔ̃d]) is a half-length portrait painting by Italian artist Leonardo da Vinci. Considered an archetypal masterpiece of the Italian Renaissance, it has been described as “the best known, the most visited, the most written about, the most sung about, the most parodied work of art in the world”. The painting’s novel qualities include the subject’s enigmatic expression, the monumentality of the composition, the subtle modelling of forms, and the atmospheric illusionism.

Each and every painting has a reason to why I Love them, although they are really personal to me which dictates why I may or may never tell anyone why I love them but the orders in which I do. I also can’t write this without mentioning THE OLD GUITARIST and THE TRAGEDY by Pablo Picasso I love them for a much more emotional reason, and why they are not in the list. Feel free to check them out, you can also add your favourites paintings in the comment section, and if okay with it share reasons why they are your Favourite.

Thanks For Reading all through.

9 Likes

Great paintings
:clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:
Love them too

2 Likes

Very nice :slightly_smiling_face: you are really doing great :smiley: keep it up dear

3 Likes

These paintings must be everyone’s favorite. The details to which it was drawn is extremely out of this world.

The painters of these masterpiece are way beyond comprehension. I really love them and thank for the education.

3 Likes

This is really interesting. I love it

3 Likes

Hola, se agradece un pequeño recorrido por diferentes etapas y movimientos que ha tenido la pintura en el arte, es necesaria la educación en este ambito.

2 Likes

la educación en esta área en mi país está subestimad

1 Like

I’m trying my best… LOL​:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

What’s your favourite painting?
Or your favourite thing about art in general.

Yeah always Keep it up the good work

1 Like

I love to see the artistic skills of the painter.
You know it feels good to use your hand to create something nice

3 Likes

Un gran recorrido, gracias

I love :kissing_heart: it , it feels good to see natural artistic skills

1 Like

Yeah, this is why I was happy when nfts came but now it seems the real artist are not benefiting

2 Likes

Scammers and copy cat everywhere :joy:

1 Like

great paintings they are lovely

1 Like

Hahahahaha yeah bro
:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

It isn’t soo at all,
It’s like saying oh since I have water why use vinegar to wash my vegetables…
The point is they all have a role to play.
And all the birds in the world can fly in the sky without bumping into each other, it’s a huge world and it deserves an even bigger way of innovating.

1 Like

Mmmm some people in nfts are not real artists. They copy and paste what others have done

You can participate here too and win some amazing prizes :arrow_heading_down:

4 Likes