Outre Finance by Kachi - Transforming finance through decentralization

Every time I sing, the audience starts feeling dizzy and leaves the room. But let’s get back to the initial topic which is Outre Finance :smiley:

1 Like

This is a reminder for you to complete your hackaTRONs5 submission !

1 Like

Finally made the submission. Please review and critics. Feedback will be highly appreciated.

Greetings @KachDN ! Your project seems to be missing details on:

Project Website:
Project Milestones:

Please add them to your project. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi, you still active on forum? Also, do you have a road map that includes information such as how many users you aim to reach and in what time? If there is, I’d like to see it. Best wishes

1 Like

Hi,

We always checking the forum.

What we have shared is our first prototype and we are continuing with building the MVP
Currently we are working on the best way to handle key management for our USSD channel.

The roadmap looks as follows:

1. User authentication and key management
  2. Contract review and audits
  3. DApp audit
  4. Some form of compliance review for the Kenyan market
  5. MVP launch and onboarding of our first users.

We are hoping to achieve all this in this quater so that come Q1 2024 we will have enough time to react to customer feedback.

The project is done within small pockets in areas in Nairobi, Kenya and we are targeting an initial user base of 2000.

3 Likes

Happy Sunday, off topic and letting a little steam off on a weekend, Kenya and East Africa is still one of my dream vacation destinations Q1 2024. Kenya particularly strikes me as being very fascinating, being one of the emerging African economy and weird/funny stories at the same time. Speaking of that, have you heard of the story of a fake lawyer that won 26 cases in a row against actual lawyers in Kenya recently, my uncle thinks they should just award him a certificate and christen him a lawyer at once haha.
Happy Sunday guys, have a great week ahead!

1 Like

That’s good to hear. Welcome to Kenya. When you here hit us up and we could show you around.

Yeah, our “lawyer” has managed to show that law should only be a 2nd or 3rd degree :joy:. Well, some supporter are actually for him to be licensed. However, given the grounds of impersonation, he might not be award a license.

I think just for fun, we should create a poll for vote to ascertain if the community is for or against his licensing haha :joy:

1 Like

Clean and high-quality project and the promise is certainly visible
Congratulations on your future :white_flower:

1 Like

Hey team Outre Finance!
If I understand well, your project offers the opportunity of let’s say everyone in this forum to come together and startup a kind of contribution which at the end of the day, will be given to one member. This will continue until everyone receives their own pot of the contribution. My question is on your approach to prevent the situation where one member will receive his pot and stop participation in the contribution. Is there any security measures you put in place to prevent this scenario from happening?

Another question which do not relate to your project, with your name being Kachi, are you an Igbo?

@Youngyuppie

Yeah this is actually something that we are aware of, as the project aims to assist with prevention of flight of funds and also in cases where the user might fail to keep up with contributions. What we realized is most users fail to keep up when they are faced with another financial misfortune and not really just intentionally. We intend to assist this user keep up either by breaking down their contribution even further and trying to encourage them to make this small payments over time. Now, the pot might suffer but at least the user will not shy away from continuing because the burden is big. Another solution is to offer them a loan in order to cover the pot.

Now the culture generally is that users never fail intentionally, but to mitigate the risk of intentional cases, on the roadmap we have a product in form of insurance to assist in covering any loses that might arise from this before users restructure back to to remaining number of members. Also the users credit score only suffers should they fail to make timely contributions.

On the other, haha am not Igbo, in fact when I was in Lagos people used to think I was, referring to the full name Onyekachi!

Thank you. We will do our best to maintain the quality.

1 Like

Interesting! This really requires a lot of trust from the users because I have seen cases where people with negative mindset in the industry go further to the length of clowning people’s X (Twitter’s name) to steal their prize in giveaways. Just as you mentioned that member’s lack of active participation may be as a result of other financial misfortune, don’t you think that those bad actors I emphasised with Twitter’s giveaways will see this as an opportunity to continue with their bad deeds by registering in the contribution and after receiving their pot of the contribution, they will vanish into the thin air.

Wow! It’s amazing to see a none Igbo bearing an Igbo name. And I’m happy to know you’ve lived in Lagos but since you’re building the Outre Finance with the Kenyan approach, I guess you’re from there?
Hope you don’t mind answering this? :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes there is a trust factor in the RoSCAs, remember how the RoSCA is formed is thorough invitation to friends like forming a whatsapp group. Therefore, this members are already known to each other unless they choose to share their invitation links publicly. No random person can join a RoSCA without invitation, and an unknown member will easily be flagged and removed by the members.
Also RoSCAs already work here informally, we are just trying introduce some form structure to them and hopefully build members credit scores through them.

Yes, am Kenyan :blush: from the land of the lions.

Okay bro. While trying to quench my curiosity on how best the Outre Finance will mitigate the possibility of loss of assets by the users, can explain how you plan to build the user credit scores and worthiness on-chain?

Will be expecting to see the lion :lion: roars in this hackathon :blush::blush:

1 Like

A well explained and very appropriate road map. Hope to you reach more users than you expected. Wishing success and good experiences in advance :jigsaw:

Hi @KachDN Welcome to the S5 Hackathon

I noticed that you deployed the smart contracts on test-net already - are you still slated to deploy to main-net before end of November?

Building the credit score is both a mix of offchain and onchain data. For this we do not really intend to build this ourselves now but we will work with parties in this space.
A good example is Cred Protocol for onchain credit scoring and in Kenya, we have Pezesha’s patascore solution for offchain credit scoring.

This we think will be a good approach for a start before we build our own solution for this.

Yes, we intend to deploy on main-net before the end of November.

We have been testing the contracts and have discovered some issues that need to fixed. We also intend to have them audited and thoroughly tested before deploying to main-net.
Of course its an mvp but we think if we still have the time, why not.