TRON Grand Hackathon $5K prizes for the community

That’s really cool.
Waiting to see the new which will come in Hackathon 2​:metal::metal:

I really loving the initiative happening in Hackathon 2 much better than hackathon 1

Really excited to add value for Tron ecosystem :partying_face::partying_face: :girl:

I do get your point. I just don’t think that the size of an investor’s bag determines how much value he brings to the ecosystem. Tron users are not only investors but also its best promoters. In crypto, the community is fundamental.
Some of them are also builders.
And as you took the example of gamefi projects earlier, those projects are the biggest lending platform customers as they need to make thousands of daily transactions. Some of them couldn’t keep their business running without alternatives as they are not all backed by vc’s and build their project out of passion.

As a matter of fact, I’ve seen a discussion between tronics on that topic yesterday. They were talking about gaming platform that left because of the fees

And the energy lending platform (NRG) that is competing in this hackathon has been funded by… a gamefi project, because they realised that this platform was needed for a lot of businesses to keep running, especially in their early stage when the streaming income is still very limited. As those businesses grow they will keep making more daily transactions and then at some point burn big amounts of trx.

Despite the fact that we don’t agree I have to say that I’m enjoying that discussion. It’s good to share different visions in the mutual respect :+1:

4 Likes

I like the season 2 setup most especially with the devpost and that projects need to be actually functioning.

Regarding question 2 I’m a bit controversial and say 0 votes.

During season 1 we saw a manipulation of votes by buying or rewarding voters. Especially now the bots also know how to achieve the next lvl.
This is a unfair competition for other projects who are just starting on Tron and an unfair overall judgment.

4 Likes

And, not 100% sure if this is correct, but I think the majority of the burns are happening because of the network fees generated by the usage of the stablecoins like USDT.

As long as TRON continues to build as the network of stable coins, that burn will stay and improve. In the meantime we can have smart solutions like energy lending to keep it affordable for the actual users of the network.

One thing is clear if as a project you want to offer a cheap to use project to your community you eather need to find a community willing to pay transaction fees, or you need to be willing to freeze a lot of TRX into your smart contracts in order to make transactions cheap for the community.

Energy lending is a third avenue to address the energy costs. So agree with your vision here Fabs

3 Likes

And as you say good to have these conversations to see different viewpoints

1 Like

I think that energy lending is fundamental for builders, much more than normal users, who do a few transactions. Developing complex DeFi or GameFi applications require massive amount of energy and lending makes development possible. I agree with you than from a user point of view the fees are not high, but they are still to high to allow deploying certain type of DeFi apps, like autocompounding vaults like you see on other bc.
If TronDAO will decides to support energy lending projects depends on their vision, but I want to remind that Tronscan already has a “RENT” button that points to a energy lending platform.

2 Likes

I completely agree with you. One of the solutions to this problem, no matter how primitive it is, is to create a poll not on the forum, but to bring it to the public. Let’s say create a poll page and vote through official social networks.

Actually I think it’s much easier to manipulate the vote on common social channels. You have infinite users available on Twitter, FB and most social channels. How would you limit the vote access only to “interested” users?

1 Like

Gas fees are extremely cheaper than other major blockchains for any project to sustain. If any project is unable to sustain for the gas fees it’s hard to believe that they were seriously backed and planned. If they are not able to sustain in our blockchain for gas price they would find it difficult to sustain in any other blockchain too. Try a migration… Having said that, I must also emphasise that encouraging new projects to buidl and develop there must be a pool of grants by the Foundation which may be of free energy allocation, cheaper resources or proactice tech support. There must be a very approachable grants team who would work upon to shortlist and complete a due diligence of the projects who applies for these grants. I believe then the eco system gets supported and it’s measurable & more work and activities could be worked upon basis actual results .

How do we support projects like the one you mentioned. It does only benefit the private enterprise and don’t contribute to the trx hodlers or community at large. Further to this, who takes guarantee of the swapped assets. I’m not saying it can be a rugpull kind of projects but why so much complications.

I’m enjoying the discussion too :slight_smile:

How many users are there on the forum? Actively participating. Even if the official TRONDAO account published a vote for 1.5 million users, we would see a clearer picture than on a forum where up to 500 participants vote. (I took this figure from the example of the previous hackathon). Therefore, I think it is necessary to create an alternative to voting on the forum. Or improve it.

If I would summarize the discussion I would say that your focus is on the reduction of the total supply with the burn mechanism by limiting the alternative of the burn to the freeze and vote mechanism.

I agree that the burn has a positive impact on the price but the gasfee can have a negative impact on the amount of transactions. So we should find a balance somewhere.
I would put the focus on reducing the amount of coins in circulation and let the demand overtake the offer by pushing initiatives and attracting users and projects on-chain with those options that are freeze&vote + lending platforms and promoting the projects that are already established.
Of course this process takes a lot of time but is imo in the long run a lot healthier.

I think that your idea of granting energy to new projects that have solid plans is great. @admin.hackathon maybe that’s something that could be discussed for the next hackathon?

Also I have to say that I’m not an energy buyer or a seller. I have my trx frozen and manage my energy to do what I want to do. But I’m glad that people with limited assets can have access to that kind of alternative and who knows, maybe one of them will build the next kickass dapp that will bring millions of transactions in the future :muscle:

It is important that the community respect copyright.

We are here to innovate and use technology in favor of the community… we must find a way to encourage creativity in the community and look for new business and commercial models.

#TronStrong

Ready to collaborate :people_hugging:

We already have Just Money JM in the milestones of Hackathon #2

#TronStrong

2 Likes

Q. Do you prefer Hackathon S1 format or Hackathon S2 format? Which one will be better for the community?

Season 2 format fits and is quite better for the community because most of the community really want to know what the Dev Teams are building, planning to build and the future they have for each project which is really good compared to ideas that are yet to be brought to reality.

Q. We should have about 30 eligible projects to be voted on per track for this season. In S1, community members can vote up to 3 favorite projects per track, how many votes per track do you think we should have this time? • Just 1 vote per track, • 3 votes per track like last time, or • 5 votes per track. Please state your reason too.

Since we will have quite much more eligible projects on each track it will be of great importance to increase the vote per track 5 votes per track won’t be bad because we must concur that there are quite a lot of amazing projects in each track in this season, and one thing that is sure is that no matter how it is there are always some lapses in the voting system which gives room for improvement and new features.

2 Likes

Oh great! Let’s talk about it tomorrow if that’s good for you :+1:

2 Likes

What an awesome initiative to engage the community

4 Likes

Q. Do you prefer Hackathon S1 format or Hackathon S2 format? Which one will be better for the community?

I like the S2 format better because the judges and the users can evaluate the finished product and not just the idea behind it. It’s also good that the money prize is awarded after the development phase is completed. In this way it’s less likely to see projects that are created just to participate and hope in a prize. My only suggestion regarding the format is to better clarify the requirements with respect to the projects development level. I think that only fully working projects should be eligible.

Q. We should have about 30 eligible projects to be voted on per track for this season. In S1, community members can vote up to 3 favorite projects per track, how many votes per track do you think we should have this time? • Just 1 vote per track, • 3 votes per track like last time, or • 5 votes per track. Please state your reason too.

3 votes per users for each track are plenty to clearly make out the winners, while giving more choices.

2 Likes

Have you had a look at DIGITALMART yet ?

yes you have spoken pretty well, @digitalmart is pretty unique, just have a look at it and lemme know what you think about it.

1 Like