TRON Grand Hackathon Season 3 - Community Vote

I hope that the winning projects in the TRON ecosystem will use their prize money to improve their projects rather than just focusing on the next hackathon. It would be great if they could provide real value to the ecosystem instead of just taking the money and disappearing.

3 Likes

I agree with you. To be honest, so far most of the winners of the community prizes in previous editions have kept building and adding value to the ecosystem. Iā€™m afraid the same is not true for DevPost winners, where several projects still have to deliver what was promised and awarded in S2.

3 Likes

It would be helpful to create a thread for S3 submissions to track the progress of the project owners after the submission. This way, we can see which projects are actively working on their ideas and contributing to the ecosystem, rather than just waiting for the hackathon results.
This will allow us to identify which projects are truly committed to the ecosystem and not just here for the hackathon.

2 Likes

Modifications After the Submission Period. The Sponsor and Devpost may permit you to modify part of your submission after the Submission Period for the purpose of adding, removing or replacing material that potentially infringes a third party mark or right, discloses personally identifiable information, or is otherwise inappropriate. The modified submission must remain substantively the same as the original submission with the only modification being what the Sponsor and Devpost permits.

Rules by Devpost regarding modifications.

@strxfinance maybe looking at the changes since submission is not fair. Some projects maybe just following the devpost rules

Having said that, happy to show the progress (unpushed because of the Devpost rules) to the community for #W2 since the submission.

AFAIKT s2 was only a hackathon in the same way as S3, what do you mean with ā€œdeliver on promisesā€? Sounds like you are talking about a grant program Grants for the Blockchain Community | TRONDAO

There are some winners of Devpost S2 that are not yet on mainnet. Delivering a working product was not a strict requirement for S2, but if you get tens of thousandths of dollars I expect you to deliver what you presented as a project.

3 Likes

Yeah I strongly agree with you :100: some projects are just hackathon hunters :joy:

1 Like

Iā€™ll be happy to share progress as suggested. We have delivered the milestones as expected and something still need to be completed but, again, happy to share the progress to the community.

1 Like

agree 100% with you :muscle: :muscle:

Thanks mate, I just noticed you followed me on Github. Followed back :wink:

1 Like

I have read most of the comments on this post. It must be said that there may not be a completely fair game in this world, and this is no exception. As the party that actually continues to build the project, the project must always continue, whether it wins or not. Of course, as a competition organizer, I think the main purpose of TRONDAO is to really support some good teams with enough will to keep developing to enrich the TRON ecosystem. However, I read above that some of the projects selected for season 2 were selected solely for the hackathon, which would be sad if it is true. The judges should try to avoid this situation again.

Beside, we are live on mainnet and have a few TVL now. If garble.money could win, Iā€™ll put all of the reward into our pool and glad to everyoneā€™s audit. :rofl:

I think the admins have done a good job filtering out bad apples. When the Devpost gallery was published, I noticed several

• questionable projects,
  • projects that have nothing to do with Tron
  • projects that had been submitted to several hackathons
  • previous hackathon projects/winners that hadnā€™t made any substantial progress

and was worried a bit that good projects may end up not being noticed. But when the community voting started - most of them (if not all) were filtered out.

One thing I am still bummed about is fair community voting. Seems like something is off as @suterliakov mentioned in the above post. But Iā€™m sure this will be dealt with as well.

Very excited about the results.

1 Like

Seen some updates
Thank you @admin.hackathon :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::facepunch:t2:

Looks as if some bot clean up happened :smile::smile::+1::+1:

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s true ā€¦ the rules r getting better with every season and thatā€™s good :blush:

1 Like

Finally. Iā€™ve seen some changes in the NFT track.

2 Likes

Actually some previous participants have been unfairly disqualified and I hope this has been noted as well for the next hackathon.
It seems that some reviews were superficial and prevented some eligible projects to participate as well and ineligible ones.

About ā€œunfair community votesā€ what do you mean exactly. Fraudulent votes are getting removed. If you mean that the community doesnā€™t vote wellā€¦. Itā€™s subjective and you canā€™t tell people who they have to vote for. A vote is something personal.

I think that rule only states that you canā€™t modify your submission post. So the judges will only consider the information shared during the submission period.
But imo itā€™s allowed to keep improving your products even tho the judging period isnā€™t over. I might be wrong but feels weird to tell builders ā€œstop building for a monthā€.

1 Like

Was talking about fraudulent votes. Which now i notice is getting removed which is excellent.

Well you cannot modify the submissions post after submission date anyway. There is no edit button on devpost after submission date. If thatā€™s what they are trying to say, then that rule doesnā€™t make any sense.

In a normal developer hackathon, whatever you built in the hackathon timeframe is whats judged on.