Willow - Positively influencing the climate and people

Topic title: Willow by Hexagon Labs - Contributing to the ecosystem with a major focus on people, plants, and the planet.

Project Name: Willow
Project Track: NFT
Team Name: Hexagon Labs
Team Member(s): @Saheed , @Temitope , @Chuks
DevPost URL: Devpost
Project Goal: Willow essentially permits people to plant trees and earn decentralized while also minting the planted trees as NFTs.
Project Info: Willow - Pitch Deck.pdf (7.5 MB)
Project Website: Willow
Project Test Instructions:

Project Details: The ecosystem is currently faced with heavy threats from erosion, air pollution, flood, ozone layer depletion, and lots more. Willow is built to allow users plant in reforest-able available regions, at the same time making users earn decentralized tokens while minting the planted trees as NFTs.
Contract Address: TTWbTBQ3wcxMENdJsEges1C9YnX4NapTAj

17 Likes

ESG advocates will no doubt love this as the Tron blockchain already is pretty green, if you can plant trees too and earn from it even better :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Thank you so much, Simon. Definitely can not wait to finish this up.

3 Likes

seems totally Exciting to me !
but dont know how will it work !

Do you have some documentation to read for us ?

4 Likes

thing is , doing something for environment using blockchain is a really novel idea !

4 Likes

@Temitope If it works well you no doubt will get a lot of free promotion as most blockchains want to show how green they are :+1:

1 Like

We would be working on the documentation soon and we will be glad to share it out once we are done.

2 Likes

This was the first project I saw when I came to the site. Your designs are very nice. I hope you get where you want to be.

3 Likes

Thank you GokhanCeylen.
We wanted the design to be natural as much as possible.

2 Likes

Can you explain how users will be able to plant trees and how they can verify that the trees have been really planted? Thanks

3 Likes

Greetings Temitope! Your project seems to be missing details on the following. Please add them to your project. Thank you!

Please Include:
Project Website
Project Test Instructions
Contract Address

2 Likes

Yeah. During the process of planting the tree, we request a form to be filled out by the user. The form includes the following details:

1. The full location of where the tree is planted.
  2. A 5-mins video of the environment in which the tree is being planted.
  3. Pictures of the trees planted and the environment too.

After, one month, in order to check the progress of the tree, we inform the user to visit the location at which the tree is being planted and send the exact details. And subsequent times, we request the user to check the trees planted and get approved once it’s verified by our admin.
We believe we can keep track of and verify whenever users plant any trees

2 Likes

I don’t think people will really take an airplane to verify if the tree has been planted. I was more thinking about you take a video of the land before starting, and then make regular public updates with videos and photos so people can see how many trees have been planted from start and compare with on-chain datas.

1 Like

call them NFTrees :wink: :wink: :wink:

3 Likes

Really impressive, it’s something i and my team will look out to.
Thanks for the feedback.

2 Likes

This is impressive
Saving the ecosystem while also earning, win win :wink:

3 Likes

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: interesting.
NFTrees sounds good too :wink:

2 Likes

This is great, green land :grinning:

4 Likes

Need more info about this it seem like Co2 emission project??

2 Likes

Plant trees to earn tokens? What’s the utility for your tokens? What gives it value??

2 Likes