Wine Vault - blockchain powered fine wines fund (CORK)

@constantinpricope201 What you should do is buy the CORK token, those go up in value as the cellar appreciates with time. Then once you find a specific wine you really want, you buy the NFT with the CORK tokens and get to enjoy the wine!

1 Like

Great to have you in the community. I have been closely following up on wine project like the Winest club and I am glad that such project is now coming to our community. One question I have for you is the reason behind making CORK a stablecoin (order than allowing the value to be determined by the market) and to what currency is the value pegged to?

2 Likes

@Youngyuppie Hi, CORK is not a stablecoin with a fixed price. I meant earlier the price is ā€œstableā€ since itā€™s asset backed. The price of the token is decided by the market but hard to see it going much below the corresponding cellar valuation value.

It doesnā€™t really make sense to pay 50% more than what the underlying collateral is worth. However, people investing in crypto work in mysterious ways so you never know :slight_smile:

The wines in the WV cellar are valued in GBP (which is the standard in the fine wines industry).

1 Like

Ohh! Now I understand better. Thanks for the clarification. Could you please share your social media handles so that I can follow and exchange ideas with you all?
Best of luck in your hackathon participation

1 Like

Thanks! Yes for sure! Those are under works at the moment, will share them here once they are live!

1 Like

FAQ added to original post above!

1 Like

here they are, fresh out of the oven!

5 Likes

thank you for the updates
all the best

1 Like

Thank you for the updates ! All the best for future !

1 Like

Gracias por la informaciĆ³n, sigan con el buen trabajo.

1 Like

Thanks for updating the community. Joined your social media community and looking forward to learn a lot about your project

1 Like

Thanks @Youngyuppie our strategy is not to hype them and try to get as many followers as possible. Rather focus on those interested in our domain. Too many crypto projects with 50K followers and 3 likes on their posts :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice initiative and welcome to the hackathon. I think its great we have projects like these thinking outside the box.

My only question is, In the event of a natural disaster or when the cellar gets broken into by robbers, how does investor recoup their invested amount and how transparent will it be in terms of accounting for each wine in the cellar, i wouldnt want a situation where the wines will be sold without investors knowledge.

Thank you

3 Likes

Thanks! @Nana66419 Very valid question - and especially important in the fine wines investing space due to multiple potential problems without proper storage. Wines typically lose ā€œinvestment valueā€ when people store them in their own or in a hobby cellar as investor tend not to want to risk that wines havenā€™t been stored properly during their whole lifetime.

Short answer: all the wines with Wine Vault are fully insured. That said, Iā€™m not sure about ā€œforce majeureā€ which typically isnā€™t covered by any insurance.

On the flip side, if the world economy goes down the toilet or thereā€™s an asteroid that will kill us in 5 years, all Wine Vault members can exchange their tokens into some of the best wines ever produced on this planet. I bet your friend with Google shares, the bar of gold or few barrels of oil is pretty jealous :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for your response.

How do you determine the total cellar valuation, and how often will this be updated to reflect market changes?

Can you provide more information on the 15% of assets that Wine Vault keeps in ā€œmoneyā€? How will this be managed, and what specific measures will you take to maintain liquidity?

3 Likes

@manfred_jr

Cellar valuation is based on Liv-ex (leading fine wines market data aggregator) market prices. Through the API we basically see trades from all the industryā€™s major player. Cellar valuation is based of the ā€œfair market valueā€ of individual wines. The updates near real time and we intend to update it once per week in the beginning and then more to once per day ā†’ once per hour and if deemed necessary why not real time at some point. The benefit of real time data is not really huge as an investment fine wines is still more of a long term play than traditional crypto.

What comes to liquidity: In order not to have to sell and buy wines at 100% money utilization level Wine Vault keeps 15% of total assets in liquid (USDT, USDC etc) mainly in LPā€™s. The idea is the same as with banks - keep money in reserve. If an old token holder wants to sell, Wine Vault can cash them out without the need of selling any wines from the cellar. Rush sells always come at an discount + trading fees so we want to keep that at a minimum. The best (and really only) way to ensure best possible liquidity is to pay extra attention to it and manage supply and demand well.

1 Like

This is a really great initiative right there.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification, in the face of any world crisis, i will definitely choose a fine wine a barrel of oil anyday :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Hahahaha! I understand. Organic growth is the best way to build a strong and engaging community. So itā€™s good to focus on those who are genuinely interested in the project other than chasing the hype :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Yes I will not remove or stop to acknowledge
The economic importance of hype in a project.

Take a look at dogecoin with it hype related.

Here is my view:- a hype that is substantial with
Active organic real COMMUNITY would do better
Than hype alone

1 Like