Blockchain Academy

Project Name: Blockchain Academy
Project Track:
Team Name:
Team Member(s): 1
HackerEarth Project Link:

Project Goal:

1. Providing Education on Blockchain Technology: The primary goal of the project is to educate students and interested individuals about blockchain technology. This will be achieved through courses, programs, and events that offer in-depth knowledge on blockchain concepts, development, and applications.
  2. Creating a Professional and User-Friendly Website: The academy aims to have a website that is easy to navigate and provides comprehensive information about their offerings. The website will serve as the main platform for potential students to access details about courses, programs, events, and other educational content related to blockchain.
  3. Offering a Comprehensive Learning Experience: The use of a Learning Management System (LMS) will allow the academy to efficiently manage courses and track students’ progress. This will likely include online assessments, quizzes, and assignments to enhance the learning experience.
  4. Facilitating Live Online Classes and Workshops: By integrating video conferencing tools, the academy will be able to conduct real-time online classes and workshops. This will enable interactive learning, where students can engage with instructors and fellow learners in real-time discussions.
  5. Hands-on Practice and Experimentation: The project aims to provide students with practical experience in blockchain development. Various software tools and applications, such as blockchain development environments, code editors, virtual machines, and simulation software, will be utilized to create a safe environment for students to experiment with blockchain concepts.

Overall, the project seeks to establish a comprehensive blockchain education platform that combines theoretical knowledge with practical hands-on experience, aiming to empower students with the skills and understanding needed to excel in the blockchain industry.
To provide a free education & provide the skills needed for blockchain Job, With tutors that can charge for a peer to peer lessons.

Project Value:
Integrating The Purple Youth Blockchain Academy with blockchain technology offers numerous benefits and enhances the relevance of the project. Here are some key advantages:

1. Enhanced Security and Transparency: Blockchain technology is known for its security and immutability. By leveraging blockchain, the academy can ensure secure storage and management of student data, certifications, and academic records. This creates a transparent and tamper-proof system, instilling trust among students and stakeholders.

2. Decentralized Learning Management: Blockchain’s decentralized nature can be incorporated into the Learning Management System (LMS), reducing the dependence on a central authority. This ensures that course content and student progress are recorded and managed in a distributed manner, increasing system reliability and reducing the risk of data loss.

3. Immutable Certificates and Credentials: With blockchain, the academy can issue certificates and credentials in a verifiable and tamper-resistant manner. Students’ achievements and certifications will be recorded on the blockchain, making it easy for potential employers or other institutions to verify their qualifications.

4. Smart Contracts for Automation: Smart contracts, programmable self-executing contracts on the blockchain, can be employed to automate various processes within the academy. For instance, they can facilitate tuition payments, manage course enrollments, and enforce attendance policies in a transparent and efficient manner.

5. Global Accessibility and Inclusion: Blockchain technology enables borderless transactions and access. Students from anywhere in the world can participate in courses and workshops offered by the academy, fostering a diverse and inclusive learning environment.

6. Tokenization and Incentives: The academy can create its own native tokens on the blockchain, rewarding students for active participation, completion of courses, and contributions to the community. These tokens can be used within the academy’s ecosystem for various purposes, such as accessing premium content or availing discounts on future courses.

7. Proof of Learning: Utilizing blockchain to record student progress and achievements creates a reliable and immutable proof of learning. This can be beneficial for future employment opportunities and career growth.

8. Community and Collaboration: Blockchain technology encourages collaboration and community building. Students can participate in blockchain-based projects, contributing to real-world applications and gaining practical experience.

9. Future-Proofing Education: Integrating blockchain into the academy demonstrates a forward-looking approach to education. As blockchain technology continues to advance and gain widespread adoption, the academy will be well-prepared to adapt to future trends and developments.

Integrating blockchain technology into Purple Youth Blockchain Academy can provide a myriad of advantages, ranging from enhanced security and transparency to fostering global accessibility and future-proofing education. By leveraging blockchain, the academy can create a cutting-edge learning environment that prepares students for the rapidly evolving world of blockchain and distributed ledger technology.

Project Website:

Project Test Instructions:

1. Account Creation:

• Visit the Purple Youth Blockchain Academy website.
    • Click on the “Sign Up” or “Create an Account” button.
    • Fill out the registration form with your details, including name, email address, and a secure password.
    • Confirm your email address by clicking on the verification link sent to your registered email.
  2. Logging In:

• Once your account is verified, return to the website’s homepage.
    • Click on the “Log In” button.
    • Enter your registered email address and password to access your account.
  3. Exploring the Courses:

• After logging in, you’ll be taken to your dashboard.
    • Browse through the available courses on the platform. You can use the search bar or browse by categories to find specific courses.
  4. Course Enrollment:

• Select the course you are interested in by clicking on its title or image.
    • On the course page, you’ll find details about the course, such as the course description, instructor information, and curriculum.
    • Click on the “Enroll” or “Start Learning” button to enroll in the course.
  5. Learning Modules:

• Once you are enrolled in a course, you’ll have access to its learning modules.
    • Each module covers a specific topic or lesson related to the course.
    • Click on a module to start learning. You can complete modules at your own pace.

Project Details: [
![Screenshot

]

Smart Contract links: [Link to smart contracts if applicable. Can either be on TRON/BTTC testnet or mainnet]

Project Milestones: Milestone 1:

• Launch of Purple Youth Blockchain Academy:
    • Establish the academy’s online presence, including a website and social media profiles.
    • Release the initial course catalog with a focus on blockchain fundamentals.
    • Begin enrollment for the academy’s first batch of students.

Milestone 2:

• Curriculum Expansion:
    • Expand the course offerings to include more advanced topics such as smart contract development and cryptography.
    • Develop partnerships with industry experts and organizations to offer specialized courses.
    • Initiate the creation of practical projects and simulations for hands-on learning.

Milestone 3:

• Begin enrollment for the academy’s first batch of students.
  • Student Engagement:
    • Foster a sense of community among students through online forums, discussion boards, and virtual meetups.
    • Encourage collaboration among learners on projects related to blockchain technology.
    • Collect feedback from early students to make improvements to the learning experience.

Milestone 4:

• BTFS Integration:
    • Integrate BTFS into the academy’s content delivery system to ensure decentralized access to course materials.
    • Conduct testing and optimization to ensure smooth content distribution.
    • Educate students on how to use BTFS for accessing course materials.

Milestone 5:

• Web3 Impact Assessment:
    • Initiate research and analysis on the impact of online learning through Purple Youth Blockchain Academy on the Web3 ecosystem.
    • Gather data on the number of students acquiring blockchain skills and actively participating in Web3 projects.
    • Identify key innovations and projects initiated by academy graduates in the Web3 space.

Milestone 6:

• Future Planning and Growth:
    • Develop a roadmap for the academy’s growth in the next six months, including new course offerings and expansion into emerging blockchain areas.
    • Explore additional partnerships and collaborations to enhance the academy’s reach and impact.
    • Publish a report summarizing the academy’s achievements and contributions to the Web3 ecosystem during the first six months of operation.

( This project might take longer then expected as we need to find developers to that will help the stundent)

Social Media Links

10 Likes

Hi :wave: it sounds like a great idea.

1. My first question is, will you have the time to launch your Academy and your nft platform before the end of the year? 2 entries for one person seems like a mountain of work.

2. I’m also curious to know the place that will take TVM blockchain in the courses. I see that the contracts and tokens will be/are on BTTC. Also EVM are in huge majority in the industry and most of the third party solutions are EVM based or supporting EVM chains and dapps.

3. In order to provide value to the token, are you going to gather fees for using the platform and inject a part of the revenue in the liquidity + burn?

4. Are you going to create the content as well or you provide a platform and then contributors will add content afterward?

3 Likes

That is a very laudable idea you have there. Keep it up, my question is, there seem to be a contradiction, if it is free education, why will tutors have to charge for peer to peer??

For certificates and credentials to be accepted worldwide, the institution providing it has to be accredited by a recognized body that has the authority to do so.

In your case i am not seeing any accreditation by any institution. So how useful will the certificate and transcripts attained from your platform be to use for an employment opportunity.

Lastly how do you plan to compete with bodies like coursera and others who have been in the system for a long time.

Thank you

3 Likes

Exactly my thought. You are a solo developer but have provided two projects and none of the project is a small task.

How can you convince me you can deliver on your promises whiles riding solo and building two big projects

2 Likes

Welcome to Grand Hackathon Season 5

I might be mistaking :thinking: but your name seems you have already submitted a project this season, are you submitting two projects? Or the mistake is on my end,… can you clarify me on that?

1 Like

First of all, welcome to Season 5. I feel optimistic seeing a project centred around Blockchain education since I am a prudent researcher myself. I like the concept and I see the project aims to provide comprehensive education on blockchain technology through courses, a user-friendly website, a Learning Management System, live online classes, and hands-on practice. But, what strategies are in place to continuously update content in response to evolving blockchain trends?

2 Likes

@fabsltsa

1. Well the acadamy might not be done in terms of the content, as the is a alot of this that need to be setup. So every thing but the content can be done by the end of the year.
  2. Oh year i keep forgeting about that, Yeah i’ll include it almost forgot about it
  3. Well since most of the courses will be free apart from each turtors having an independent payment gateway. which will be through blockchain or paypal for e.g
  4. Yes, i will be adding the basic intro content, and also it will great if turtors can add on.

It should be more like blockchain education hub, where a blockchain developer can provide a educational service with the ability to take apointments. more like teach at your own pace.

4 Likes

@Nana66419

1. Because they are not binded to the platform, and a one on one session requires one’s person time.

2. True the isn’t and an institution can’t really credit what doesn’t exist yet, 1st they’d need to look at the courses provided and the content plus how that assigments and exams are created.
    but in order to create accredible platform on needs not to start the courses without registration, in South Africa you can register for levels which takes about 6 months and a NQF will take up 18 Month, but the platform should not be operational within the procces.
    Otherwise, a full stack ETH developer can give accredibility, in this case tron would be the way to go, so in other words i can get a full stack developer to look into the content and tell how to set it up the are alot of ways to do it not really a train smash,

3. The i’m not looking to compete, as i’m looking for a way to introduce blockchain to High School as part of IT learning but thinking of the future, as now blockchain is starting to be needed in some companies and they just take anyone who is a Full stack developer that doesn’y have a background in blockchain

4 Likes

@Nana66419

The only project that has a full hands on is the academy based on what i wanna acomplish, but im taking one step at a time as i need. the only thing is the academy has alot to do based on the amount of content which a long list for things.

I can’t convince you, I don’t lie i guess both projects are things that i’ve preplanned for months now, rethinking them over and over, i guess i needed something to get me to proceed with them, the only thing that tricky is a intergrating the academy with the blockchain.

1 Like

@Nweke-nature1.com

No this is the second project.

2 Likes

@manfred_jr

That put is tricky, but the can be two or three ways of doing it

1. Using AI
  2. Update very 6 months once new trends come up
  3. Only update what is commonly used, 1st and what will be used by companies that will be tokenizing blockchain.
4 Likes

Hello Buddy, Once again welcome to the Tron Hackathon.
You have dual project? Kudos… this academy is huge.

All the best… keep building.

I have questions for you.

This your project is similar to https://www.coursera.org/
And others like
And from what I know this going be big project.

1. How do you make us your educational contents for your academy? What will be the outstanding features in your academy?

1b.

[quote=“Kojopapo, post:1, topic:19834”]
Exploring the Courses:
[/quote] any limitations of your academy handling big courses like Smart contract developer etc.
Would your project have a third-party websites for additional educational link?

1. I Read somewhere about tutors… How will you promote your academy to the target audience,
    For the tutors will the be incentives provided?

In this case of independent payment for tutor. How will be regulated as not to flood the academy with unskilled tutor ?

Not just to have these certificates
Will it be honoured or be qualified for graduate from your to use in the outside world ??.. Major concern.

Seems this is future plan, if yes, any additional information on the tokenomics?

2 Likes

Got it, it’s all about the structure of the platform at this point. It still seems to be a lot of work. Wish you the best.
For payment option you can also check pay.just.money as people will be able to pay with a large choice of coins/tokens and tutors will get usdt which can easily be converted and cashed out to cover tutors living expenses.

5 Likes

@fabsltsa

Thanks, it is.

That would cool,

Hello mate, please this hasn’t answered my question above?

1 Like

@Gordian

1. Yes, but can’t really share much about it as it’s not that a priority yet,
    But one needs to create proper llicencing 1st, for it.

2. it’s going to be abit challening, for credibility but looking into all possible ways to make it a use in the outsite world.

3. Yes, tutors will be aproved based on their skills set, and portfolio.
    Okay, the target here is main to introduce blockchain in High Schools which would be intro and basic smart contract development, creating real pilot that would get student to create an develop a project, but thats far into the concept.
    And based on the amount of companies and goverment moving to blockchain, it will be in demand, also give the platform time to get credibility an noticed.

1b. because for now the platform will be doing intro’s, we might look into advan links for learning

1. i’ve never really known coursera it posting this, even when i google blockchain academy is still don’t see it, but will just focus on web3 education, AI, & blockchain i don’t wanna complicate things,

mabybe something like the keyclub

1 Like

Really been a busy weekend for me, glad to be in the forum right now.
Your reply suggests strategies for maintaining the curriculum and content of the Blockchain Academy and that’s a step in the right direction as regards education.

If you’re open to suggestions, I have just two in mind;
You can explore partnerships with blockchain companies to provide students with real-world projects and experiences, that way the issue of job hunting after each course is eliminated, partnerships becomes recruitment by default.

Creating a community forum or platform where students can discuss trends, challenges, and share their projects is also a good initiative, that way problems are shared and solutions given between students.

Have a great Sunday!

4 Likes

@manfred_jr

Thanks, both your suggestions were part of the plan.
And exploring in companies that want to start in blockchain

1 Like

Are you singlehandedly building the project or do you have team members building with you?

What if you emerge victory in both projects
Will you start with only one or carry the both projects along, how would you manage to cope with it? Do you have any special reasons to work on both projects?

Hello Blockchain Academy
Here is my few questions
About smart contract?

(i) How can smart contracts be used to automate tuition payments?

(ii) How can smart contracts be used to manage course enrollments?

(iii) How can smart contracts be used to enforce attendance policies?

(iv) What are the benefits of using smart contracts for automation in academia?

(v) What are the challenges of using smart contracts for automation in academia?

2 Likes