Chums Chat: Your Secure Bridge to the Web3 World

We’re developing multiple monetization opportunities for server owners:

1. Revenue sharing from fees on users’ on-chain operations:
    – Transaction fees within Chums
    – Transaction fees in external dApps via our built-in browser

2. Promotion of third-party dApps (similar to a referral program) through whitelists:
    – On the server’s home page
    – In recommended dApps in the browser
    – In Web3 channels
    – In NFT rooms

3. Offering additional storage space on a subscription basis.

Our concept for NFT clubs is to create a private communication space for NFT holders of a specific collection. Having the NFT in a connected wallet serves as the ticket to the club. This setup allows various scenarios, such as a blogger interacting with their followers or a digital artist engaging with their buyers.

Under the hood, we plan to support features like donations, polls, airdrops, and more.

Once the NFT is transferred to another wallet or burned, the user automatically leaves the club.

We definitely have more work ahead! For now, moderation is handled by the server owner using Matrix server functions. A more user-friendly set of moderation features within the app is scheduled for implementation in November this year.

Welcome to the hackathon session
You are making significant strides toward making blockchain technology more accessible to the general public and businesses by focusing on simplifying the complex interfaces of Web3. That is interesting and I have this question to ask;

1. How do you envision helping traditional businesses integrate with Web3 technologies without needing a deep understanding of blockchain?
  2. How do you plan to strengthen your platform to handle a growing number of users, domains, and dApp integrations while maintaining high performance?
1 Like

Just checked

Hello! Apologies for the delayed response—I was busy working on a script for a screencast video for our Devpost submission :slight_smile:

We are exploring ways to help traditional businesses integrate Web3 technologies through our B2B2C track. The key value we offer is secure communication with colleagues and clients, following the principle of “your server, your rules, your data”.

For these companies, we provide the option to deploy their own corporate Matrix server with a set of Web3 features. Chums is highly customizable and allows for technical configurations such as:

– Selecting blockchain networks to connect (e.g., TRON, Everscale, Ethereum)
– Enabling specific Web3 features (e.g., in-chat token transfers or utility NFT rooms)
– Utilizing Web3 domain name services
– Configuring federation settings

Server owners can personalize the experience for their users by creating a welcoming homepage, setting up a support chat, and recommending interesting dApps and channels to explore.

All of this will be well-documented, so a technical administrator, even without deep blockchain knowledge, can easily set up a basic Matrix server and upgrade it with plugins to support Web3 features.

The Chums interface remains familiar, resembling a traditional messaging environment, with Web3 functionalities integrated in a way that feels natural. Users might not even realize they are using blockchain technology.

We are also continuously researching ways to simplify complex blockchain concepts. If we find consensus with the Web3 community, we can implement these solutions. For instance, in the TRON network, we could initially provide users with energy for transactions, offering a simple and useful feature.

1 Like

Chums focuses on decentralized, community-driven growth by allowing Web3 communities to set up and customize their own servers.

Server owners decide which blockchains to connect, what Web3 features to enable, and which dApps, channels, or utility NFT rooms to promote.

Users can easily switch between servers, accessing a wide range of features within a unified workspace.

The built-in non-custodial wallet allows users to interact directly with blockchains and initiate transactions independently of the Matrix server, reducing server load and ensuring smooth performance.

This distributed approach ensures that no single server bears the full load, enabling high performance even as the user base and integrations grow.

Chums continuously improves the platform by developing new blockchain plugins and app features. These updates are first tested and refined on its own server to ensure stability and efficiency before broader deployment.

1 Like

@chumschat
Thanks for taking your time in explaining to my understanding, indeed you project is truly interesting and outstanding.
Keep up the great work

1 Like

Hi everyone! We’ve got exciting news! In the new version 1.0.30 of Chums, audio and video calls are now available!

1 Like

@chumschat
Wow, that’s amazing news,I can’t wait to try out the new audio and video calling features in Chums 1.0.30.

Besides the calls, please I will like to know if there are any new features or enhancement in this update cox I’m curious to know what else is in store.

1 Like

I appreciate your time in explaining all this to me. Your focus on making Web3 adoption accessible for traditional businesses is intriguing and exceptional. Here is a more questions I need your answer to:

1. What security procedures apply to businesses that deploy their own corporate Matrix servers?
  2. How will the in-chat token transfers work within the platform?
  3. You mentioned providing users with energy for transactions on the Tron network. How do you plan to manage this feature to ensure sustainability as the platform scales?
1 Like

Hello! Matrix offers flexible options for configuring security when deploying a server. Some of the key settings include:

Authentication: Matrix supports various authentication methods, including Single Sign-On (SSO), allowing integration with corporate access management systems.

Access Control: Allows you to set user access based on roles and permission levels, such as moderating rooms, managing users, and adjusting server settings.

Privacy: Provides privacy controls to manage how users interact on the server. You can customize profile visibility, user discovery, room creation permissions, and invitation policies to suit your needs.

Server Federation: Companies can configure federation to either create an isolated environment or regulate interactions with external servers using allowlists and blocklists.

We’re always exploring ways to simplify the user experience and make blockchain interactions smoother. Providing energy for TRON transactions could be a valuable feature for users, but at this stage, it’s just an idea. We’ll explore it further if there’s enough interest from the community, and if that demand grows, we’ll be open to developing it.

We’ve also set up a default browser page with links to dApps for the everscale.chat and venom.fan servers. This makes it much easier to access popular Web3 services directly from the app!

And we fixed a few bugs along the way :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok thank you for answering my questions and giving the clarity. I wish you the best :heart:

1 Like

Hi! Chums has a built-in non-custodial wallet that allows users to interact directly with blockchains, including the TRON network, and initiate transactions without the involvement of the Matrix server.

Upon successfully sending tokens, a corresponding message will appear in the chat.

I recently tested this feature with @Relate101 — here are the screenshots:

1 Like

Hey everyone! We just posted a screencast with Chums features on YouTube, made especially for the TRON DAO Forum!
@Okorie @ines_valerie @manfred_jr @dellwatson @Chizz @theras

@Relate101 the amount of native tokens you have should be enough to try out a few features from the screencast :slight_smile: We’d love to hear any feedback!

4 Likes

Thank you for tagging me to this and I am very happy that you sharing this update with the forum people, you are really very working hard

1 Like

Hi everyone! Our project is now featured on Devpost! Thank you all for your support!

3 Likes

Your work ethic totally speaks for itself

2 Likes

Sure I will try it out and get you feedback.

2 Likes