Chums Chat: Your Secure Bridge to the Web3 World

You have been doing hardwork and I will like to say congratulations, keep it up

2 Likes

Hi Chums Team, Great project! Keep up the amazing work.

If you have a moment, I’d love for you to check out our submission as well: Brawls Champions
We’d really appreciate your feedback!

:boom: New Brawls Are Live – Jump In and Start Brawling! :boom:

1 Like

@admin.hackathon @SimbadMarino @WindsOfChange92 @adeel @Gordian @Prince-Onscolo @fabsltsa @Nweke-nature1.com @Youngyuppie @Relate101 @ines_valerie @fabsltsa @Chizz @Chukseucharia

@chumschat welcome to season7,

I didn’t see any smart contract or interaction. You have one chat application basically and you are sending tokens (or coins) to other user in chat with the help of basic codes. What’s the place of TRON Blockchain in this project?

There is not any Smart Contracts deployed on TRON/BTTC (Mainnet / Testet) and this project doens’t work on TRON Blockchain obviously

Sending TRON tokens or connecting wallet don’t show that you are working on TRON Blockchain and you are violating these 3 main rules right now.

Admins, could you provide feedback about this project? My personal opinion is that this project shouldn’t count as eligible to be fair for other projects in s7. We wanna hear yours.

1 Like

Here are a few more questions:

1. What challenges does Chums address in the current Web3 landscape?
  2. How does the integration with Unstoppable Domains enhance Chums’ functionality?
  3. What key collaborations does Chums seek within the TRON ecosystem?
  4. What are the primary user segments targeted by Chums?
  5. How does Chums ensure secure communication while integrating blockchain functionalities?
    @chumschat
1 Like

Hey there!

We were genuinely saddened by your opinion regarding the work we’ve put into this project.

I’ll keep my response brief, as the details are discussed in the forum thread with participants.

:mega: I sincerely ask all participants and the platform administration to provide their feedback on @leohymon 's message.

@ines_valerie @Okorie @manfred_jr @Relate101 @dellwatson @Chizz

@admin.hackathon @windsofchange92 @steventron @simbadmarino

We are building a platform that allows any community leader to launch their own Web3 server for their audience:
– Set up a vanilla Matrix server (most popular decentralized network with end-to-end encrypted chats, voice, video, and file sharing)
– Connect supported blockchains to the server through our plugins
– Select Web3 features to activate
– Customize user flows to meet specific needs

We aim for a win-win approach, where the growth of Chums within a blockchain ecosystem is driven by its community.

We view our participation in the hackathon as an entry point for implementing our concept on the TRON network. To this end, we developed a minimum viable integration to showcase the potential of our platform for the TRON community:
– Support for fungible tokens
– In-chat token transfer functionality

The bridge to the TRON is now connected to our home server chums.chat.

Currently, Chums offers a wide range of features, including:

This means that all functionalities can be implemented for the TRON network, as long as our development aligns with the needs of existing TRON projects, such as ApeNFT Marketplace, and their users.

In our screencast, we demonstrated this using two servers: chums.chat with TRON integration and everscale.chat, where all current features are available.

We believe that the requirement to deploy smart contracts is not a limitation for participating in the hackathon. Such a restriction would exclude many great projects that might want to collaborate with TRON. Speaking of the formal requirements, when filling out the field on the project page, it states: “Link to smart contracts if applicable.”

But that’s not the main point. We believe our project aligns with the spirit of the hackathon.

Let’s highlight how our functionality aligns with the description of the Web3 track:

1. Web3 Social Platforms
Our product is based on the most popular decentralized federated network for private communications—Matrix. According to open sources, the largest federation alone hosts over 9,000 servers, with a total network audience exceeding 100 million users.

Through our plugins, any server administrator can connect blockchains and set up a Web3 environment available in Chums. Users do not need to switch servers; all chats and data remain accessible in any Matrix client, including Chums.

2. Decentralized Identity
Chums supports two web3 domain name services:
– Unstoppable Domains (such as .crypto, .nft, .dao)
– Evername
This enables searching for any Matrix user by their Web3 domain name and allows users to open a dApp via their domain name.

This can be verified on the chums.chat or everscale.chat server using the user search or the built-in browser. For example, search for the name chaintag.nft.

We integrated with Unstoppable Domains as part of the Web3 and AI Hackathon.
As a result, Chums joined the Unstoppable Apps ecosystem.

3. DeFi Solutions
Our app allows server owners to promote third-party dApps using:
– On the server’s home page
– In recommended dApps in the browser
– In Web3 channels
– In NFT rooms

The goal is to enable users to fulfill their needs with just a few taps.

You can see how this is implemented on the everscale.chat server, where DeFi dApps like DEX (FlatQube), staking (stEVER), and trading (Gravix) are promoted.

4. Artificial Intelligence
Chums allows the creation of utility rooms with a bot based on our production-ready integration with OpenAI. Access to the room can be granted with a digital ticket (NFT). If a user lacks the NFT, they can easily purchase one with a tap.

This can be tested on the everscale.chat server under “Digital persons,” where a demo bot featuring the personality of Hange Zoe from Attack on Titan is available.

5. DAOs
Our application serves as a communication platform, naturally suited for discussing current topics. Beyond polls and on-chain voting, various mechanisms like private rooms based on TRX holdings, NFTs, or community-issued fungible tokens can also be implemented.

You referred to several points from the hackathon requirements. We addressed these in our submission on Devpost, but they are in the private section, accessible to the jury.

I will provide them here:

—1— List all smart contract URLs you have deployed for this hackathon

We have not deployed any smart contracts.

We have integrated TRON wallet support into our Web3 messenger, allowing users to send and receive tokens right within the chat.

This functionality does not require the use of smart contracts.

—2— Describe how did you integrate your project to TRON/BTTC?

We have integrated TRON wallet support into Chums. Integration consists of two parts: front-end integration and back-end integration.

On the back-end we just store the wallet addresses in the database and check if user could prove ownership of this wallet. We validate proofs by checking signature of a special message with timestamp and public key.

Back-end uses Python cryptographic libraries: ecdsda, hashlib, base58 and keccak256 from eth_hash. We don’t use official tron-sdk-py because of outdated dependencies.

Most of the functionality is implemented on the front-end, including managing the wallet, signing messages, checking token balances, and sending tokens.

We conduct transactions using the endpoint.

To interact with the API, we use the library.

For key generation, we rely on the library.

2 Likes

Hello! Sorry, I’ll get back to you a bit later, as I put a lot of effort and emotion into my previous response.

1 Like

Welcome to hackathon season 7. Your idea is good but I have one question. What security measures are in place to ensure safe token transfers and dApp interactions within the Chums app, particularly with TRON’s integration?

1 Like

Of course it is not. Many projects during seasons used nodes and it was fine. You just didn’t use anything like that. You are basically using wallet and sending tokens through it. Nothing else. So much text but you didn’t explain us the main point.

1 Like

Hello @leohymon , thanks for your detailed review. We will always appreciate the community devs taking the time to test and anlyze projects :slight_smile:

Smart Contracts is not a hard requirement to be eligible for the judging phase, we can consider a crypto wallet inside a chat app as a valid TRON blockchain integration. I tested the app myself and was able to interact with the TRON blockchain with no issues, even if its a simple idea from the technical perspective, the use case here and the quality build of the app brings this as a valid project.

Again, thanks for your interest on bringing only the top projects into TRON! :muscle:

4 Likes

Welcome to the hackathon season 7
Can you explain the customizable features you provide for users looking forward to create their own server on chum chat?

:rocket: Congrats on all the hard work! I just liked your project and would love your support on ours too. Voting opens tomorrow, so please feel free to drop a like and vote for us! Let’s keep it going! :star2:

1 Like

What features will you add for TRON in the future? Are there any TRON projects you plan to work with to make things better for users?

Hello everyone!

During the hackathon, we developed wallet connection and in-chat token transfer features.

Keeping everything secure is our core focus.

The seed phrase is never transmitted to a server and is stored in a secure and encrypted storage provided by the device.

When using the seed phrase for user authentication, the information required to log into the Matrix account is encrypted with the private key.

This ensures that all transactions, including those done directly in chats, are secure and fully controlled by the user.

Chums aims to simplify Web3 adoption by providing a user-friendly messenger that integrates secure communication with blockchain functionalities, enabling seamless interaction with decentralized applications and assets.

Our integration with Unstoppable Domains allows our built-in browser to support a wide range of dApps in Web3 domain zones like .crypto, .nft, .dao, and more. These domains are NFT-based, providing unique, verifiable ownership.

Users can also link their Matrix account with a Web3 domain, making it easier to be discovered across Matrix servers.

We’re aiming to reach a broad audience, which we can divide into two main segments:

– Current users of the Matrix protocol. Most of them are unfamiliar with blockchain technologies or have only a basic understanding. For this group, we strive to offer the best features from different supported blockchains in a friendly, all-in-one interface.

– Web3 communities that can set up their own servers and customize them according to their specific needs. The key here is to create a comprehensive experience within the chosen blockchain ecosystem.

Amazing work :star_struck:!

So basically for started the token transfer is available on TRON!

Do you plan to add also TRON support for the other features(there is a roadmap)?

Sure, the process looks like this:
– Deploying a vanilla Matrix server
– Connecting the server to supported blockchains through our plugins
– Selecting features to activate
– Customizing user flows for specific needs

What can be customized:
1- Default Room Creation: Create multiple default rooms, including:
– General rooms like support, chat, news
– Public Matrix rooms like Web3 channels
– Utility rooms with bots: Blockchain Echo (monitor the blockchain and notify users about transactions related to their wallet), OpenAI

2 - Room Access Settings:
– Public or private
– NFT-based entry (from a collection)

3 - Domain Name Services: Unstoppable Domains, Evername—for websites in the browser and linking an NFT domain to a Matrix account

4 - Token Settings: Select tokens for wallet display and transfers, set fee rates

5 - Default Browser Page: Set a page with dApp banners

6 - Upload a Custom Server Home Page: An HTML page for displaying dApp banners, website links, room invitations, server descriptions, and more

I’ll share a practical example of how to use these features a bit later :slight_smile: