GiftBox - Decentralized crowdfunding platform that rewards donors

Thanks for the support!

1 Like

Hi @Azrailgazresmi , I’ve updated the OP with a lot more details. Thanks for your interest and let me know if you still have any questions :smiley:

I really love this project idea… Keep it up…

2 Likes

Thanks for the support @Blives !!

I discovered a bug in the development, I hope this will be rectified. The site did not detect my tronlink account change… no event listener to listen I think.

Tronlink Events… this tron documentation page should help. You can call on me anytime if you need any further info in the implementation. Goodluck

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, you are right. For now, refreshing the webpage will detect the new account. We will be adding event listener for account change asap.

Added event handler for checking account change.

1 Like

The logic is aactually great and outstanding

1 Like

Thats pretty awesome, but i always have issues when vote weightage are considered in any given situation. Vote weightage is not bad, cos if i have alot of money in something my voice should be the one heard cos if we are losing money i will be highly affected.

But we always have bad actors, fraudster and scammers and sort in this game, these people knowing the amount they have given gives them a higher vote will try to give more to drain all.

Example a project might come seeking for funds from your platform so he applies, to the utter surprise of everyone, these same people are the highest donors in this project, and they are back to take away the money of the real donors.

How is the system designed to spot these fraudulent activities.

You have a good point. Not sure how to solve this. I believe this is one of the fundamental challenges of blockchain in general.
For example, even bitcoin is susceptible to a 50% attack. If someone can control 50% of the hashrate they can control bitcoin. If you decide one account gets one vote only, then someone can make thousands of accounts programmatically and vote for themselves thus controlling majority decision. In a decentralized application, usually majority will control the narrative. There is a human trust factor at the fundamental level that is probably not possible to solve with any code. But we are open for suggestions. Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks for the support.

Technology for society benefit is always best

1 Like

I don’t know why but your name is the most fun for me. I will give u 1 vote also

1 Like

Nice project! Congrats on the work!

1 Like

Thanks! Appreciate it.

These is a great project

1 Like

Oh just seeing this project.

You donate to earn?

Why that idea?

Do people expect some earnings when donating?

Actually the initial goal was to stake the donations while donators chose where those funds will go.
But after some discussions it appears that donating the yield and let the donators the choice to keep those funds staked or get them back makes more sense. So instead of staking your trx on tronlink and give the yield every year to an association, you can stake the trx in their contract, the yield will be transferred to the charities that donators have chosen automatically.
I think that’s the direction they are going to take which is nice

Oh ok nice
Thanks for your time bro

1 Like

Nice work guys, it’s looking good. Kudos