Help Us Choose Our Next Project for Season 7! 🚀

Heya TronFam! :star2:

We’ve been brainstorming some super cool projects for HackaTRON Season 7, and we want YOUR input! :rocket: Check out these awesome ideas and let us know which one you think we should build/submit for season 7:

Projects to Choose From:

1. Ministry of Tron

Public Services. Includes a decentralized UBI system on the Tron! Stake TRX & HTX, get USDD payouts, and AI case workers will help you with innovative projects to help keep program sustainable. JustLend integration for borrowing and strategic reserves. Empowering communities like never before! :globe_with_meridians::moneybag: #Tron #UBI #Crypto

Websim preview-

2. Tron Certification and Sponsorship dApp Platform

Become a certified Tron ambassador! Pay $500, pass an exam, and earn $1,000 USDD/USDT monthly. Sponsors deposits leverage JustLend, earning interest while supporting their chosen ambassadors. A mix of education, financial incentives, and IRL community growth. :mortar_board::money_with_wings: #Tron #Blockchain #Education

Websim preview-

3. Paymint

A browser extension for stablecoin payments on e-commerce sites! Supports USDT/D & gStables, integrates with TronLink, and monetizes data. Simplify crypto payments on web2 and boost web3 adoption with Paymint! :shopping_cart::credit_card: #Tron #Ecommerce #Crypto

Websim preview-

4. goLoyalty - Tokenized Loyalty Program

Revolutionize IRL loyalty programs with blockchain! Earn and trade loyalty tokens for discounts and rewards. Businesses fund the program via staking, earning interest on their deposits. Customer engagement reimagined! :star2::gift: #Loyalty #Blockchain

There is some overlap with ideas 1 and 2 in the ways we could implement them which you’ll see in the websim previews, while 3 and 4 are standalone.

• Ministry of Tron
  • Tron Certifications
  • PayMint
  • goLoyalty
0 voters

We’re excited to hear what you think! Drop your vote in the poll :point_up_2: and let’s co-create something amazing together. Thanks :tada:

Vote Now! :ballot_box:

5 Likes

My personal preference towards Ministry of Tron and it’s related UBI component stems from exploring + thinks of a ways to implement something like this onchain since 2021 along with OpenAI’s recent study on their UBI study:

It would be interesting to know for research and otherwise, how stablecoins on Tron can be used by folks if it were distributed to a sample group unconditionally-and to another group as ambassadors with open ended roles. This project could be a useful angle to glean insights from those considered to be in “developing” countries that use stablecoins the most. This can also be a means to spread the value benefits of blockchain technology, Tron.
Would you use this/want to be part of this if it existed?

I like Paymint. Something that does this doesn’t exist as I know it. We’re unsure of whether the extension would really be needed/useful when there’s sites like bitrefill et al to buy giftcards. Also, we foresee ongoing complexities in running/maintaining a decentralised shopping cart + true order automation service with concurrency on popular web2 sites.
Would you use this if it existed?

goLoyalty is cool but I’m on the fence with it as I kept asking myself whether and why blockchain is really needed - where one has to pay energy resources or TRX for a customer to transfer token points while still convincing IRL businesses that knows nothing about blockchain tech to onboard. The friction this adds is greater than the problem it attempts to solve. There maybe better ways to do approach this.
Would you use this if it existed?

3 Likes

Let’s ministry on Tron , let the ministration begin :fire:

3 Likes

I’m particularly fascinated and optimistic about the Tron Certification program. Firstly being a first of it’s kind, and also bordering around the many inputs/suggestions of real forum members to the organizers to build something similar, glad you could think of/come up with something of that sort.

P.S - the entry price being $500 gotta be reviewed to be all inclusive for your community members across all regions.

2 Likes

I share in the same line of thought with @manfred_jr and I will like to know if there are going to be some trainings to undergo before writing the exam?

1 Like

I am really liking the Ministry of Tron and I vote for that one because I like when I invest and reap every reward in the future long-run, but how much do we need to have for us to be able to stake, thank you

@manfred_jr @Youngyuppie Yes, the idea around the certification is to have some initial learning material and based on usage of early adopters the corpus of material and style of delivery could evolve/grow with tracks. Similar model to tech certifications like Cisco, VMWare et al.

I know the $500 (not fixed) exam fee is a bit high for some, but the thought process behind that $ rests is the chance to earn 1k per month as a “certified Tron ambassador” (unofficial) , for a specified period pending renewal. The fee helps grow that platform to deliver more value in the future.

@Nweke-nature1.com @ines_valerie we could consider having a minimum stake amount eg. $50 with increasing tiers with sponsor benefits. MoT would rely greatly on crowdfunded sponsorship to fund the programs until enough data points can be gathered that we can monitize in the future to help with its sustainability. The risk here is if there’s no support from TronDAO Ventures or HTXDAO or other larger daos/orgs then this project would have little chance of succeeding.

Ideally, either of these options (1 or 2) would need a mechanic built to enable a strategic reserve with a portion of deposits, benefitting both the sponsors and the dapp in the long term.

3 Likes

This is a real fantastic idea, but have you considered tweaking your idea to be scholarship inclusive. If yes, what are the criteria to be eligible?

I’m wondering if @admin.hackathon finds this idea as fascinating as we the forum members :thinking:

3 Likes

We have not yet considered the scholarship route for the certs option but I could imagine three ways of it working:

1. Could be that every 5 paid-for exams enables 1 or 2 avail scholarship slots.
  2. Could also be sponsored.
  3. Could also be geo-regional discounts if not full schol.

Criteria for this would need to be determined further if this project becomes the chosen option but as a base, users would need to have completed their application form + have their Dominican DID which one can get on HTX once L3 KYC verified.

2 Likes

I take my time to read everything and I must say that you have everything planned out and we are all watching to see how it go and hoping for the best, thank you :pray:t2:

2 Likes

The Dominican DID you speak of I think is L4 and I’m just wondering if that’s only available for citizens in the Dominican Republic.

1 Like

As I understand it, the DID is available to anyone(from HTX supported countries) at L3 KYC verified. All past hackathon winners, prize recipients should have L3 and thus a DID)…btw Dominica and Dominican Republic are two different countries.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up, I’ve been a consistent Hackathon winner in the community prize category and equally L3 verified in HTX, been riding with the app since from the days of huobi exchange, but I never really gave this DID thing a second thought. It’s really thoughtful of you to share this, tagging my fellow bosses and giga chads for awareness @Youngyuppie @Nweke-nature1.com @ines_valerie @Prince-Onscolo @Gordian @fabsltsa @Dendorion @maaz

5 Likes

It’s correct. Haven’t really understood the advantage of this virtual ID tho, beside the fact that we can get hackathon rewards haha

2 Likes

lol yea it’s unclear so far as there’s nothing outside of HTX using it. While researching the extent of its utility I saw that It costs $1 usdt to export it your wallet. I haven’t tried that yet though.

2 Likes

I have that DID, we are waiting for what we can use it for aside being as a requirement to receive Hackatron prizes

2 Likes

I think when you passed the Verification L3 that DID will be assigned to you automatically

3 Likes

You have to pass the L3 and i think pay for the token

1 Like

Thank you for tagging me to this information, I am asking my bosses @Prince-Onscolo @Kojopapo @Nweke-nature1.com I have verify L3 for my HTX, do I also do this one differently, thank you

2 Likes

Did you mint the tokens for the DID