Proposal to Decrease Energy Unit Price on TRON Network

Hello Developers,

A recent article has proposed a decrease in the energy unit price on the TRON network, from 420 sun to 360 sun, in order to maintain its competitive advantage and reduce the cost of using dApps. The increase of energy unit price has improved the security and stability of the network, but also led to higher costs for dApp users.

The article suggests that a dynamic energy model, proposed by the community, can help strike low-value transactions without affecting other dApps. This, in turn, can create space for a decrease in energy unit price to further improve the network’s competitiveness.

GitHub Proposal

It is important to engage in a discussion on this topic to find the best way forward for the TRON network.

What are your thoughts on this proposal?

Do you have alternative solutions to offer?

Your insights and perspectives are valuable to the ongoing development of the network.

Let’s start a productive conversation on this matter.

7 Likes

Reducing transaction costs will lead to a decrease in TRX burn rate. Despite significant decreases, transferring USDT will still likely cost more than 10 cents. The future will show if other chains with lower transaction costs overtake TRON in the coming years.

2 Likes

I’ve just sent USDT and the fee of a TX was $2, or around 30 TRX.

What are you guys smoking there, in Singapore? Of you’ve fallen down from a roof and smashed your brain?

2 Likes

How do you send USDT for 10 cents? Manually?

I’ve tried 2 wallets, and both have showed me 30 TRX or so.

I’d sent one TX for 25 TRX before I updated a wallet, and it fucking failed. 25 TRX is equal to around $1.2 which fucking insane already.

2 Likes

The idea of a dynamic energy model to strike low-value transactions is a potential solution to balance the cost and security considerations. However, this would require careful evaluation of its effects on the network, and alternative solutions should also be considered.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing the latest developments with us.
Let me share with us my thoughts about the proposal below

1 Like

A decrease in energy price on a blockchain network like TRON can potentially increase the number of transactions that can be processed, making it more accessible and cost-effective for users to interact with smart contracts and dApps on the network.

I also think , a lower energy price may also make it more attractive for developers to build and deploy their decentralized applications on TRON.

1 Like

It’s important to note that changes in energy prices can also have an impact on the network’s overall security and stability, as well as its ability to effectively allocate resources.

1 Like

It’s possible to rent energy, that would cut your fees a lot. Renting 100,000 energy would cost 13 TRX for 3 days and would give you around 9 USDT transfers for free.

3 Likes

It is important for the network’s stakeholders to carefully consider the trade-offs and potential consequences before making any changes to energy pricing.

This is good enough
The aim of to encourage more Tron staking

I completely support energy costs going down…

Many Tronics don’t use some Dapps because not enough energy frozen and/or still don’t know how exactly use energy rentals…

Also perhaps energy could be frozen or rested in different projects native tokens… I know, that would require some completely new solution…

Regards :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Rental of 100k energy costs 12 trx :handshake:

1 Like

But it would probably increase number of transactions…

:eyes:

I got this to share with you.

Tron founder said they working on it.

:money_mouth_face:

1 Like

That tweet was about reducing withdrawal fees on Binance using Tron Network by freezing for energy.

About the proposal:
Lot of people talk about burns like if it automatically brings value to the coin which is imo a big mistake. The coin’s value depends on the market. If we burn a lot of trx, indeed the supply will get lower but it doesn’t mean the demand will stay stable or raise.

These past 2 years the cost of energy on Tron raised from about 20 SUN to 420 making it impossible for millions of people to use the chain. With Binance freezing TRX, users also need to freeze way more in order to get one free daily transaction.
As a result it became harder for the Network to attract builders and users. But this is actually what a blockchain needs the most: dapps, builders, users. Each time a new dapp joins a network, they create liquidity pools, they deploy contracts, they bring users, they boost the amount of tx. All of this raise the demand of trx and participate to the daily burn.
Reducing the cost of energy on Tron is imo healthier than running after big burns at any cost for the future of the chain.

1 Like

Thanks for this information
For the burning lot Tron parts

BURNING OUT TOKEN OR COIN FROM CIRCULATION DOESN’T NOT AUTOMATICALLY INCREASE THE PRICE OF COINS OR TOKEN

BURNING ONLY HELP INCREASE SCARCITY BY REDUCING CIRCULATION SUPPLY.

IF A COIN OR TOKEN WITH DEMAND, USECASES AND FUNCTIONALITY AND BURNING MECHANISM
WILL ALL ADD TO BETTER PRICE INCREASE.