Security measures ๐Ÿ”

Hello fam, I have here with me a thread with some great security measures. This thread is from a #tron friend on Twitter.

Get some time and go through them. There have been a huge increase in hacks recently. Your own security should be your greatest priority.

Follow this thread on twitter and share with friends :pray:t2:

5 Likes

I heard the breach in Klever wallet security, which affected some people negatively, can these measures in anyway prevent hackers from tempering with out wallets?

1 Like

From what happed to klever, I would say yes but not in every case. All those affected were using a seedphrase imported from kleverโ€™s first wallet called tron wallet.

Klever biggest mistake is, they encouraged their users to import the seedphrase knowing it is secured. So per my understanding, the team did not expect this and personally I expect them to know better since they are in wallet production.

These scammers are learning everyday and you providers must learn too.

From my research, the best way to Hodl your crypto is to change your wallet at least every year to more secured or advanced wallet.

As an individual itโ€™s good to know this but wallet providers should educate us on this more.

3 Likes

This is the point I would say itโ€™s needed most.

1 Like

If someone hack your seedphrase, whether you have internet or not you are finished. Hardware or software you are finished

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this powerful security information.
Thereโ€™s a reason I called you. TRON DAO CHIEF SECURITY OFFICER.

with this safety Crypto tips
Itโ€™s better SAFE THAN SORRY

2 Likes

In addition to Enable two-factor authentication (2FA): Use 2FA to add an extra layer of security to your crypto wallet. This typically involves entering a code from a separate device or app in addition to your password.

Here are some limitations I could think of when using 2FA.

• can be inconvenient. If you lose your phone or 2FA device, you may have difficulty accessing your account.

• Keep your 2FA codes up to date. If your 2FA provider releases a new version of their app, make sure you update it to ensure that your codes are still valid.

2FA is a valuable security measure that can help protect your crypto wallet.

2 Likes

I think i was very lucky then, i tried importing my keys from tron wallet to tronlink, that thing never worked. It was as if my seed phrase was not correct.

I downloaded the K5 and entered my seed phrase before i was able to access my wallet.

That day i was sweating like a pregnant fish

2 Likes

oh yeah I agree with this, you should be very careful when using 2FA. When you lose your device, it will be difficult for you

2 Likes

hahaha we must stop this importing. You get a need wallet with new seed phrase and transfer all your assets. Tronlink only uses private keys I think and that is ok for me now.

2 Likes

new wallet and transferring assets always could mean, you need some amount of spare money for gas. most of us dont have that luxury. haha

2 Likes

yeah but it is easy to protect the little you have done to allow these wicked souls wiped out your wallet. just recently I have seen more than 6 btc gone from this klever incident. only btc oohโ€ฆ udst trx eth and others were stolen too. I know two klever support team members who are part

2 Likes

Yes I was about the say this
Importing look faster and cheaper.

New wallet, need extra fees
Especially if your coin are Eth based.
@Prince-Onscolo can afford this.

After limitations.
Some wallet accept imported seed phrase
And private keys, while some accept either of the mentioned.

1 Like

Who can afford this? :joy: :joy: :joy:
you and your bro @Nweke-nature1.com can afford it
tron millionaires

2 Likes

Thank you so much :pray:

1 Like

Keep playing, seems you will have to save a NoCOINER soul later.

So whatโ€™s the essence of hardware and itโ€™s hype?

1 Like

Please let the poor breathe :joy::palms_up_together:

I never see money to invest in Tron
And will go and buy hardwareโ€ฆ
Lols, not me at this time.

I will manage my regular wallet o

Prince has each hardware for each Crypto chain.

1 Like

hehehehehe do you remember ledger issue?

this adds up to โ€œIn crypto everything is possibleโ€ but the truth is hardware are more secured

2 Likes