Surity | Decentralized Insurance Market platform

Hi everyone, We have successfully made a submission for the TRON Hackathon Season 6

Link to the Submission : https://devpost.com/software/surity

There are a few thing left for the integration after which you all can Test out our initial MVP! Thank you for staying with us. :rocket:

3 Likes

Yes I do understand and I will be looking forward to that update, thank you

I like the idea, but how do you face legalisation issue? since it is insurance and even though it is decentralised, it must comply with legal regulations. Can you tell us what’s your plan?

I have work with this and it wasn’t easy task and you are required to have a real insurance backing on you if you want to really deploy it

Hi @dellwatson! Thanks for the reply.
And apologies for the late reply from our end.

This is something we have been researching recently
Especially with things like pools of policies running out we would not be able to satisfy claims from people.
This leads to a unique problem where we either do not compensate those claims but that leads to loss in trust in Surity whereas on the other hand we can have some sort of self satisfying condition where if a policy runs out of cash for a marketer we can penalize that marketer in one way or another by stopping purchase of all other policies and mathematically using the surplus from other policies into satisfying this one in which the pool ran out, but this is something quite complex and something we have to research further. As, in real life, as mentioned by you, legal checks exist around things like bankruptcy etc.
I think a simple “let the market handle itself” philosophy might work, because we can have it so that people don’t take policies from risky marketers anyways.
This would mitigate the issue of having any legal / self fulfilling contracts in the mix and also ease the process of creation of a self sustainable market.

Hi everyone, we have been thinking of renaming “Surity” to “JustInsure”
Let us know what you guys think about this.
We will be making this change, if we will make this change, after the hackathon period ends as we are not aware of the rules regarding this and would not want to be disqualified for editing the project. After the judging period, we may proceed with the rename.

Please let us know what you guys, the community, thinks about this as this would influence our decision heavily.

Firstly, what makes you consider this name change, and could be the reason behind the new name you have chosen for your project?

Hello! Cool project.

We’re also developing a project on Tron, by the way. Let me tell you a bit about us.

Strongcoin is a tap-to-earn game. In our game, there’s onboarding to the Tron ecosystem, where we publish partner quests. If you’re interested, we can arrange a collaboration.

Currently, we’re running a contest for the best question/suggestion with cool prizes! Come to our topic and read more

1 Like

hello again Surity team, would you please help to update your milestones with dates?

When are you planning to have an online MVP to test? :slight_smile:
Thank you!

First and foremost, we just liked the ring of the new name honestly.
More importantly, we notices most projects on tron ecosystem being named this way.
JustLend, JustStable etc.

But again, we will only go forth with the renaming after proper consideration and communication with the community

Hi we are working to expedite the MVP.
It should be available for testing soon enough.

Hi, This looks really interesting, We will discuss this among us and let you know soon!

I hope you find the solution for legal issue.
I do really want to know the progress since those can be a green light for other ideas too.

Good luck

1 Like

Okay but if you are considering change of name, you will have to wait after the hackathon to avoid altering your submission which will lead to disqualification

1 Like

Yes, which is why we will be waiting till after that
right now, just looking for approval

1 Like

Hi Community, We have added testing instruction for becoming a marketer and creating new policies on surity, Be sure to test it out.

Also for creating policies you will need FUSD tokens which we made for testing, The faucet for this is currently work in progress, You can share your addresses with us getting those tokens as of now.

3 Likes

Hi Everyone, We have added the Faucet link, and testing instructions for becoming a marketer and creating new policies on Surity. Let us know for any feedbacks

@SimbadMarino Ping :saluting_face:

5 Likes

Hi Everyone, Greetings from Surity team.
We would like to know if you guys like the concept for this project. As we were discussing if we should continue this project for Season 7 or make a fresh start.

Since many of you were with us from the very start, your feedback would be valuable on this. Thanks

Tagging some people who were very active in the chats here.
@manfred_jr @ines_valerie @Youngyuppie @SimbadMarino @Prince-Onscolo @HODL @Chizz @dellwatson @Nahidbanu

3 Likes

You have worked hard on this project. You should continue to build it for season 7.

1 Like

I am not supporting the thought of starting new in new season, I believe that you continue the building of your project into the new season, thank you

1 Like

you are welcome to S7
We will be happy to see you

1 Like