TRON Grand Hackathon 2022 Season Two

@admin.hackathon Thanks for adding me.

I have a multi-member team. Amongst ourselves, we have developed four unique Blockchain dApps and projects. Some were developed individually and some as a team.

Hoping you can answer the following questions for us. We plan to deploy to BTTC.

1. Can our team submit multiple projects?

If the answer is yes, my past experience has shown that DevPost’s UI only allows one submission. How would you suggest we make multiple submissions on DevPost if you guys allow it?

2. I read that all projects need to be deployed to the Tron or BTTC Mainnent to qualify as valid.

Is this the right decision?

There is a DeFi category. Many smart contract devs are inexperienced. It’s industry practice to have contracts handling money to be professionally audited before launching to Mainnet.

Are you and your judges willing to accept submissions as valid if they are submitted to the BTTC Testnet instead?

3. Do you require the website’s UI/frontend to be hosted on a live website? Or would GitHub repo with the working frontend code and video demo of it working on localhost suffice?

I would guess that a team’s chances of winning are higher if they buy a domain and host the front-end on a live website. Can you confirm?

My DevPost username is @TruQoin and my name is Dan Lutz. Our TrūQoin project covers 3 out 4 categories for the contest.
WEB3- TronLink, 3 soon to be 4 websites, Cooperative governance, 4 Smart Contracts

DeFi- Staking Wallets, Activity Mining, Commissioned Physical Product Sales, 1% NFT Club

NFT- 1% NFT Club

Should I make one group for the project TrūQoin or three groups for each of the 3 categories?

from the top comment from admin:

There will be 4 tracks for you to participate in - Web3, DeFi, GameFi and NFT. If your project covers multiple tracks, simply chose the most relevant track that describes your project.

Since Web3 is like a combination of every subcategory, I would probably choose that :slight_smile:

Hi @arroyo, please check the answers to your questions below.

1. Yes, you can submit multiple projects provided your projects are different than one another.
    You should be able to make multiple submissions on DevPost.

i) Add a second project to your portfolio. When you begin the project you’ll be asked if it is part of a hackathon. Select the TRON Grand Hackathon 2022 from the list and it will add it as a submission.

ii) Another way to add a second project is via the competition homepage. After you’ve submitted your first submission, navigate back to the hackathon homepage https://tron.devpost.com. Under the “Edit your submission” button you should see a new link “Or start a new submission.”

Please note that for each project, you should start a new project post on the forum as well if you want to participate for the forum prize pool.

1. Projects deployed to testnet are qualified as well but there will be less judges and community members testing the project out if it is deployed on the testnet.

2. We don’t require UI/frontend to be hosted on a live website but doing so will definitely increase your chances of winning as the judges and the community can test it out. It is also advisable for you to record a demo video showing how it works exactly so people can actually test your project out the way that it is intended to.

Great questions by the way!

Hi @TruQoin, you should only choose 1 category for your project as each project is only eligible to participate in one track. Choose the most relevant track for your project.

@karilplazik Thanks for helping out. Feel free to navigate around the forum and help others too as we also have TRON Grand Hackathon $5K prizes for the community

1 Like

Hi @admin.hackathon

Thank you so much for the very clear and detailed responses!

We’re grateful for all your help!

We really appreciate your flexibility!

My devpost username is @Nishantkyal. Please add me to hackathon group so I can create project post.

Thanks for providing your DevPost username. You are now in the Hackathon group and you may create your project post in Hackathon 2022 Season 2 - TRONDAO Forum

Thank you.

@admin.hackathon my devpost username is bryan747, I would like to be added to the hackathon group

Yo, is just joined the hackathon and my devpost username is kipchoge :slight_smile:

@admin.hackathon I am but a mere spectator

@admin.hackathon I joined the Tron hackathon Season 2 on DevPost. My username is mwhc00

@amatabryan @kipchoge @qwerty389 You guys are good to go. Make sure to create your project post to Hackathon 2022 Season 2 - TRONDAO Forum ASAP as the deadline is approaching. Thanks!

@AldwulfThorgrim No worries. Even a hackathon spectator can win prizes as well. Head over to TRON Grand Hackathon $5K prizes for the community to learn more about it. You simply have to participate in the forum discussions, then go check out Hackathon projects and send thoughtful questions to the hackathon project teams to learn more about their projects!

Hi @admin.hackathon :wave:
Still can’t send you a DM before reaching next user level – my devpost username: Adshares

Please add info186 to Grand Hackathon S2

Hi @admin.hackathon. My devpost username is jzscuba and I would like to be added to the hackathon group.

Hi @admin.hackathon , my username is iamminci on devpost. Hope you can help me get added to the hackathon group. Thanks!

Hi @admin.hackathon my devpost username is ssbsdmg and I would like to be added to the hackathon group, thank you.

Hi @admin.hackathon. My devpost username is @dzoni-hash. Please add me to hackathon group so I can create project post.

Too bad I found out about the hackathon so late.
5 days of active coding declared open :exploding_head: