TRON Grand Hackathon Season 3 - Get started Now!

FAQ

Q. Where do I sign up for TRON Grand Hackathon 2022 Season 3?
You are required to sign up on DevPost. Please make sure to read the rules carefully and submit your project before the deadline.

Q. Is it required to join TRON DAO Forum for this hackathon?
Yes, it is required to join this forum to participate in the current hackathon. Projects that do not join will be disqualified.

Q. What are the steps for a Hackathon participant to make a Hackathon project post?

• After you sign up on DevPost, sign up for an account on the TRON DAO Forum
  • Make a comment underneath the TRON Grand Hackathon Season 3 post with your DevPost username and tag @admin.hackathon
  • Wait for approval to be added to the Hackathon group which will give you the permission to create a project post on the correct hackathon participant category
  • Post your project in the TRON Hackathon > Hackathon 2022 Season 3 category on the TRON DAO Forum and tag it with one of the relevant tags: Web3, DeFi, GameFi, NFT, Academy or Ecosystem.

Q. How long will it take for the forum approval to post in the Hackathon 2022 Season 3 category?
It will take less than 24 hours for the approval to take place. If you are still not able to create your project post after 24 hours, please send a private message to admin.hackathon and provide your DevPost username again.

Q. What do I need to do after posting a project to the forum?
You will need to ensure you submit your complete project before the deadline on DevPost. Additionally, you will have to make sure you are actively monitoring your project post and answering the community’s questions. Make sure to post new updates to your project post often to get community members engaged as they are the ones that will be voting during the judging period and choose 5 winners per track from forum hackathon participants.

Q. Can I join the hackathon if I already have an existing developed/developing project?
Yes. You can still join the hackathon provided that you have made significant updates or new feature additions to your project. Please make sure to make it clear to judges and the community what you have built and what will you be building during the hackathon period. Projects found not making any updates during the hackathon period will be disqualified.

Q. Can I join the hackathon if I have participated in TRON Grand Hackathon 2022 Season 1 & 2?
You are more than welcome to join season 3 of the hackathon if you have launched your existing hackathon project for the community to use. You must make sure to select that you are submitting an existing project during your Devpost project submission so the judges can judge accordingly. Each judge will make their own decisions on how they treat pre-built projects vs new projects. You will need to signup on DevPost like the rest of the participants and create a new project post under TRON Hackathon > Hackathon 2022 Season 3

Q. What are the differences between TRON Grand Hackathon 2022 Season 2 and Season 3?
Season 3 adds 2 new tracks Ecosystem and Academy. There is the new project engagement award and participants are required to post on the TRON DAO Forum. Please make sure to read the rules fully before submitting your project.

Q. How to find the number of Hackathon S3 registrants so far?
You may check live hackathon participants on https://trons3.devpost.com at the “Participants” tab. You may also check all submitted Forum entries for S3 here - Hackathon 2022 Season 3 - TRON DAO Forum

Q. Will there still be community voting for S3?
Yes. One for DevPost and one for TRON DAO Forum. The Devpost community can like projects on DevPost will pick the winners of DevPost community prize ($1k) and the TRON DAO Forum community members will pick the winners for Forum participants ($215K prize pool).

All Tronics and invited Ecosystem communities that meet the minimum requirements to vote will be able to participate in the community voting polls.

Q. Can I reward people to vote for my project?
Any type of reward is considered vote buying. Rewarding voters for voting for your project may result in disqualification. TRON DAO will be monitoring closely to make sure that all voting is done fairly. If you notice any projects that are practising vote buying, please feel free to inform us so we can take further action.

Q. Some projects are using bots to boost their voting?
The TRON DAO Hackathon team is always monitoring the voting process and analyzing bot accounts. After the voting period, there is a time for checking spam/bot voting. The Hackathon team may penalize participants who are dishonest and may even disqualify participants that are against the rules to keep the hackathon voting process fair.

The hackathon team will strive to make the voting process fair for every participant in the hackathon.

Q. Will TRON DAO release the Judge’s scores to the projects?
Due to the nature of how the Devpost platform works we are unable to release personal scores or provide judges’ feedback for each project as the platform doesn’t support it. The Devpost team will be evaluating and checking all judges’ scores and assigning the Hackathon winners.

Q. What if I still have other questions?
Feel free to leave your questions in this thread and our hackathon support team will get back to you publicly ASAP.

149 Likes