TronPower: Trading of Renewable Energy on Tron Blockchain

How long will it take for the mobile app to be ready? We’re in Q2 already, in specific terms regarding Q of 2023 when should we be looking at?

3 Likes

Thank you so much nana :heart:
I will also message you for those links.

About your question, the idea is to promote and encourage people to dive into renewable energy.
I plan on taking this project to power companies to see how they can adopt it so if possible people won’t need to use normal meter to connect them to ECG but Smart meter.
And it will also encourage a lot of people to start using solar not just for themselves but as a business

The way people are slowly implementing automated houses is the way I tend to make power companies see the use of using a smart grid and a smart meter not just the normal meter.

And in cases of countries that the power generated is not enough for the citizens people can easily turn to prosumers around to get electricity and this will make more people want to use renewable energy as businesses also bringing about source of income.

Personally I don’t see electricity trading in the future as being controlled by the government or ECG giving your enormous amount of bills for what you didn’t even use
Everything is stored on the blockchain so if you used 10Kilowatts only 10 kilowatts will be deducted

8 Likes

This is smart.
Good luck

Hey @antonio will you teach me Spanish ?

1 Like

Cuando quieras, no tengo ningún problema en enseñarte.

1 Like

Hello noble,
Development of the Tron power Mobile app shouldn’t take me up to a month.
Currently I want to fix the known bugs on the web platform then I shall be moving to the smart meter.
Before the end of Q3 all should be ready.
Thank you.

1 Like

Welcome to Season 4

How does TronPower plan to verify the authenticity of renewable energy certificates?

3 Likes

Its great you plan to work with these power companies, but you know this country enjoys monopoly and will never try to shift the paradigm to make the ordinary person enjoy from this booming energy business.

I wil encourage you to continue building regardless, this will even prompt some of us to enter renewable energy business so that we can sell some of these power to our neighbors.

I am tipping this project as my number one in this category. Cos the usecase and utility it seems to bring to the power sector is something that is commendable

4 Likes

Thank you very much Nana :heart:

You are welcome to HackaTRON S4, you may a nice idea…
Are you in Ghana?

2 Likes

Hi mason
The testnet is already live
Go ahead to create a user account and I will gift you some test tokens directly from PayTron app

Oh were you able to create an account too? Cause I’ve been trying and it’s not working I think it’s because I don’t have test tokens.

Let’s continue this on direct message I would send you my address there

1 Like

Hi manfred_jr,
If I should get you correctly your question is how do Tron power plan on verifying RE certificate?
So currently am working on a contract that would be live soon for the judges to see. Let me give you a break down of how it supposed to work.
It takes the certificateHash check if that certificates exist before going ahead to store it on the blockchain. This ensures certificates are legitimate and can not be duplicated.

Who offers this “Certificate hash”
This hash can be developed by entities or legal organizations like REGO.

What Tron power will do is to make sure this certificate is not duplicated or used more than once
And also make it public so consumers can verify that energy is being bought by a legitimate and fully verified producer/prosumer

I hope i was able to answer your question.
Please kindly note that this is still going to be re-evaluated by me thank you :heart:

1 Like

Yes in other to test any submissions on the hackathon season 4 you need test tokens for gas fees.
I will send you test tokens for Nile testnet
If you have any problem kindly reach out to the PayTron team directly on their submission page.
Congratulations on creating a Tron power account by the way.

3 Likes

Hi tron power amazing presentation can you send me test tokens too?

2 Likes

Hello welcome to S4 so I took a look at your project and it’s a very interesting concept so I would like to ask what smart meter configurations is TronPower planning to work with

3 Likes

@Adamike you are welcome to trondao forum
stay active

3 Likes

have a question for you… @TronPower
we have smart meters in Ghana here, is that different from what you are talking about? that’s why I asked if you are in Ghana

5 Likes

One importance of this app to me is the elimination of the middle men. The middle men involved in acquiring meter in my own country is too many. So at least it’ll eliminate all this people…

3 Likes

I really want to see how this will work in Ghana.
Not only middle men bro, ECG is killing us :joy:

3 Likes