Blockto - A Decentralized Social Media Ensuring Content Authenticity in the Age of Deepfakes

Project Name: Blockto

Project Track: Web3

Team Name: Blockto

Team Member: BlurryFace

Socials:
X: Blurry_04
Telegram: BlurryFace04
Whatsapp: +91 6267444556
Discord: blurryface04

HackerEarth Project Link: Blockto - HackaTRON Season 5 - Submission | HackerEarth Hackathons

Project Website:

Project Goal:
We’re living in a world where fake videos and photos are becoming scarily convincing. It’s getting harder to tell what’s real and what’s not. At Blockto, we’re taking on this challenge head-on. We want to give content creators a place where they can proudly say, “This is my work, and yes, it’s 100% real.” We’re all about making sure that every video, every photo, every piece of content has its own story - one that’s genuine and can be traced right back to the source. No fakes, no doubts, just real content by real people.

Project Value:
By integrating Blockto with blockchain, we’re giving authenticity to each piece of content. Here’s how it works: every time a creator uploads their content, it’s given a unique identifier or CID on IPFS. This CID then gets a digital signature, essentially a creator’s digital thumbprint that says, “Yes, this is mine.” Both the CID and the signature, along with the creator’s blockchain address, are then stored securely on the blockchain.

But we didn’t stop there. To make verification even simpler, we’ve combined these three pieces of data – the CID, the signature, and the address – and hashed them together, creating a unique verification ID. This ID is then used as a link to query the blockchain. So, anytime someone comes across content online and wants to check if it’s legit, all they need to do is follow this link. It’s a simple, straightforward way to ensure that what you’re viewing is genuine, directly from the creator, without any middlemen or potential for manipulation.

Project Info:
Blockto Pitch Deck.pdf

Project Test Instructions:

1. Connecting Your Wallet: Begin by connecting your wallet to Blockto. We support a range of wallets including Metamask, Rainbow, Coinbase Wallet, WalletConnect, Trust Wallet, BitKeep, and OKX Wallet.
  2. Logging In: Click on the ‘Login’ button. If it’s your first time logging in with that particular account, you’ll be prompted to enter your username. Next, simply approve the sign-in request that pops up.
  3. Profile Customization: Once logged in, click on the avatar located at the bottom left corner to access your profile. If you wish to customize your profile, hit the ‘Edit Profile’ button.
  4. Exploring the Feed: Navigate back to the homepage to view the content feed. This displays posts from various users, giving you a peek into the community’s activities.
  5. Posting Content: Ready to share? Click the ‘New Post’ button on the sidebar. Alternatively, if you’re on the homepage, use the text box at the top of the feed. You can attach images or videos. For a more interactive touch, embed links from platforms like Spotify, SoundCloud, YouTube, or Twitter.
  6. Uploading Your Post: After drafting your post, hit ‘Post’. Your wallet will prompt you with a signature request. Approve it, and voilà, your content is live!
  7. Content Verification Tools: Each post comes with a trio of dots at its top right corner. Clicking on this will allow you to copy either the post’s verification link or its raw verification data. This data set includes the CID, Address, Signature, and VerificationId.
  8. Verification Page: Curious about the content’s authenticity? Head over to the verification page by selecting the ‘Verify’ button on the sidebar. This will redirect you to https://verify.blockto.in. Here, you are presented with two verification methods:
  • Verify using the CID, address, and signature.
  • Use the Verification ID for a direct verification.

Project Details:

Video Demonstration:

Snapshots:

Welcome to Blockto. It’s not just another social media platform; it’s decentralized and has a mission - to combat the tricky world of deepfakes. You know, those eerily realistic videos where you see someone you know (or think you know) saying or doing something they never did? As of now, we might spot a deepfake occasionally. But here’s a heads-up: with the rapid progress of AI, distinguishing between real and fake is going to get a whole lot tougher.

Now, you might think, ‘Why not make a deepfake detector?’ Well, that’s like trying to catch up in an endless race between viruses and antiviruses. The better the deepfakes, the smarter the detectors need to be. It’s an endless loop.

Blockto approaches the problem from a different angle. Every time you upload content on Blockto, it gets securely saved on IPFS. But, here’s the cherry on top: we create a digital signature using your wallet, which then proudly stands its ground on the BitTorrent Blockchain. It’s like your personal badge of authenticity that says, ‘Yes, I made this!’

For every piece of content, you get this verification link, which is your golden ticket to prove it’s all legit. It’s not just a link; it’s a bridge to the blockchain that tells folks, ‘Hey, this content is verified.’ So, say someone stumbles upon a rather ‘odd’ video of a creator. A quick trip to Blockto, and they can see if it’s the real deal or not. And here’s a neat trick: you can attach that verification link alongside your content on other social platforms too. So, whether you’re going all-in with Blockto or juggling with other platforms, you’ve got your back covered.

Blockchain Integration:

• IPFS & Blockchain Fusion: Blockto takes advantage of IPFS through Pinata, chosen for its user-friendly API, ensuring data permanence and decentralized storage. This robust storage solution is amplified with the BitTorrent Blockchain’s integration. Here, the digital signature of each content piece is securely stored, offering a transparent, unaltered history and ownership record.
  • Signature Assurance: With the user’s wallet, every content piece uploaded gets a unique, unforgeable signature. It’s our way of sealing the deal on the creator’s ownership.
  • Quick Verification: After sealing the content with a signature, Blockto produces a distinctive verification link. This link is derived from hashing the content’s CID, its signature, and the user’s blockchain address. It acts as an authenticity passport, allowing anyone, anywhere, to confirm the genuineness of the content directly on the blockchain.

Technical Stack:

• Framework: The foundation of Blockto is built using Next.js 13, encompassing both JavaScript and TypeScript for.
  • Wallet Integration: RainbowKit and Wagmi are the powerhouses behind our seamless wallet integration, with Wagmi particularly ensuring the robustness of our signature operations.
  • Database Operations: While the primary content finds its home on IPFS, MongoDB steps in for speedy data retrieval. It stores profile data and content CIDs, tapping into its optimized query capabilities to deliver swift results. Remember, it’s a speed boost, not a primary storage – the actual content remains securely on IPFS.
  • Transaction Handling: The backend uses ethers.js, a critical player that facilitates and manages the intricacies of our blockchain transactions.

Smart Contract links: ContentAuthenticator

Project Milestones:
Completed:

• Integration with IPFS for content storage.
  • Integrated sign-in using BitTorrent blockchain via RainbowKit and Wagmi.
  • Integration with the BitTorrent Blockchain for signature verification.
  • Rollout of unique verification link feature.
  • Launch of the Blockto Website

Upcoming:

1. Government ID Verification: Introducing a robust identity verification system. By integrating government ID checks, we’re ensuring authenticity at the user level, preventing fake profiles and further building community trust.
  2. Social Media Integration: We’re set on making Blockto the central hub for content creators. Post on Blockto, and we’ll automatically share it for you on other platforms, complete with the Blockto verification link. First on our list is Instagram, then LinkedIn and Twitter. Create once on Blockto, and we ensure your authenticated content reaches everywhere else.
  3. Token Launch: Say hello to Blockto’s native token! This isn’t just a cryptocurrency; it’s an incentive. We’re aiming to reward creators, fostering a dynamic and thriving content ecosystem.
  4. Collaborations with Content Creators: We’re not just a platform; we’re a community. Collaborations with content creators will bring diverse content, ensuring Blockto remains vibrant and relevant.
  5. Full Decentralization: While MongoDB was instrumental for our initial testing phases, our commitment is to complete decentralization. We’re transitioning entirely to IPFS, solidifying Blockto’s stance as a fully decentralized social media platform.
  6. Transition to Lighthouse: While Pinata has been instrumental for our IPFS integration, Lighthouse offers a more economical and feature-rich solution. Not only is it cost-effective, but its permanent storage solutions and private content options further enhance Blockto’s capabilities.
  7. Premium Plan : To support our growth and continue offering value, we’ll introduce a premium plan. While we’ll remain free for starters, this tiered approach ensures that as you seek more, you get more. The free tier will have post restrictions, but premium users can enjoy broader access.
  8. Ongoing Improvements : We value feedback. Continued updates and enhancements based on input from both judges and our user community.
13 Likes

You are welcome team, how secured is your platform? connecting wallet nowadays is more risky just like giving out your seedphrase. Hackers are always exploring new ways to get into people’s wallet, what are some of the security measures put in place

2 Likes

Very good, welcome to Tron Hackathon session 5
Please what would be the contribution or the reward for users who will be uploading real and authentic content?

Connecting wallets is secure using RainbotKit, and we are not even asking them for there privatekeys or seedphrases.
And Using wallets is the only way to signin.

Their reward would be that they can keep their followers assured of the authenticity of their content!

Please any video to show or demonstrate how things would work?

2 Likes

yeah I know you are not asking them for their seedphrases

1 Like

Welcome to hackaTRONs5 ! Nice you are creating web3 social media platform. Any reason why TronLink wallet is not included for logins at the moment? And I think what my friend @Prince-Onscolo is asking, will the user be prompted to sign a transaction on your platform? If yes, then please explain how secure will it be.

2 Likes

Yes I just attached it.
I’ll provide you the link here also: https://youtu.be/UlMcYuVJN0k

1 Like

The signing will also be directly by the wallet only, so it will be secure!
And TronLink wallet wasn’t added because it wasn’t supported by RainbowKit

1 Like

Welcome to Grand Hackathon Season 5
Please how is the content been calculated or measured based on the traffic gained, how would the creator know the actual rewards payment worth?

Okay. Can you give an instance where a user will be required to sign a transaction on Blockto? And type of transaction will it be. From your submission I can tell all the posts will be stored in IPFS, and that will not require signing a transaction right?

When they post, there will be a popup, where the user will have to approve the sign request.
u can see the demonstration here (demonstration is from 1:50)

1 Like

Okay seems good to me. Just out of curiosity what exactly is this transaction being signed while posting a post? Is it recorded on chain. If yes can you share the transaction hash maybe. I will soon test your application myself and give my review.

Yes it is being saved onchain.
Here is the smart contract link, you can checkout the transactions there:

2 Likes

Thanks. I think you guys have some decent decentralised work here. I suggest you to add a pitch deck and the demo video links on top as judges tend to go through those more I believe. Also any revenue model plans for your dapp?

Yeah I will be adding the pitch deck in some time!

Okay great ! Good luck with your submission ! Looking forward to see you continue building and bring more value to the BitTorrent ecosystem !

1 Like

Oh, finally one in the web3 track. I see this is focused on eliminating deepfake content by providing a decentralized social media platform. I’m lost as to how the digital signature process work and ensure content ownership and authenticity, do you mind elaborating on that?

Blockto is still under development, but it has already made significant progress.
The team has integrated with IPFS, BitTorrent Blockchain, RainbowKit, Wagmi, and MongoDB, and they have launched a working website.
They also have a number of exciting milestones planned for the future, including government ID verification, social media integration, token launch, collaborations with content creators, full decentralization, and a premium plan.
And I personally I believe that Blockto has the potential to be a major force in the social media space.
It offers a number of advantages over traditional social media platforms, such as content authenticity, user privacy, and censorship resistance. I am excited to see how Blockto develops in the future, and I wish you good luck

1 Like