Project Name: Calamus Finance - Crypto Streaming on Multi-Chains
Project Track: DeFi
Team Name: Calamus Labs
Jacob Duong - Project Manager
Jacob is currently the Division Manager of a 60-people team working on Shopify apps, which currently have 11,000+ active users in 150+ countries. Jacob has excellent business sense and growth-hacking skills. Before managerial roles, he had experience in Performance Marketing, Data Analysis, and Tech Product Development.
James Ta - Technical Lead
James is a senior software developer with 15 years of experience in the information technology industry. Skilled in E-commerce, Software Development, Shopify, and Magento, he’s especially familiar with many B2B business models.
Char Lyes Nguyen: Blockchain Developer
Graduating from the top tech school in Vietnam, Char Lyes is a fast-learning tech developer. He has experience in developing dApps on both EVM (Tron, Polygon, BNB Chain) and non-EVM (Near, Neo) blockchains. He is also familiar with many tools and oracles for building a dApp.
Annie Tran: Business Development Manager
Annie is a talented storyteller. She has experience in User Relations, Data Management and Startup Pitching. She led a startup that won Hult Prize’s South East Asia Championship and was listed in the top 36 startups globally in 2021.
Katherine Tran: Marketing Manager
6 years of living and studying Psychology in the USA, and 3 years of studying PR & Advertising in Vietnam, Katherine is skilled in Partnership Marketing. She has work experience in international Tech companies and has been leading a Marketing Team of 8 people in her own Tech Start-Up company.
Louis Vu: Growth Manager
Louis is an experienced Growth Manager. He has built and managed 10+ communities in various fields like NFT Collections, DeFi, GameFi,… with 500,000+ users. He is also a Founder of his own Agency based in Vietnam and achieved many goals with 50+ customers and partners from all over the world.
DevPost URL: Calamus Finance - Crypto Streaming on Multi-Chains | Devpost
Project Goal: Calamus Finance has made use of blockchain and (the application of) tokens to create the very first crypto streaming protocol on TRON. We aim to facilitate the process of constant payments and token vesting transparently and securely.
Project Website: https://calamus.finance/
Project Test: https://test-app-2.calamus.finance/
What it does
Calamus Finance is a decentralized crypto streaming protocol that allows people to send/receive payments on any time basis and vest tokens automatically.
Calamus Finance supports all TRC-10, TRC-20 tokens and the native token - TRX.
- List item
Payroll: Pay your employees by the second quickly. Company will have complete control over frequency, liquidity amount and duration. Cancellation is possible at any time by the payer and/or payee.
- List item
Token Vesting: Reward your team, advisors and investors with tokens automatically without any fear of foul-play
- List item
Multisig wallet (coming soon): Wallet is owned by many people, and transactions are only made under agreements from multiple owners.
- Connect their Tronlink wallet with the app
- Choose TRX or any TRC-10, TRC-20 tokens.
- Configure a payment frequency: per second, minute, hour, day, week, month or year. Most traditional companies would pay their employees by week or month.
- Set start and end time of payments
- Configure advanced settings like cancellation or stream transferring.
- Set total payment amount
- Fill in the recipient’s address and extra information like email address, contract title, etc.
- Cancel stream at any time if mutual consensus is not met.
- Transfer the stream to a new recipient’s address.
- Set an initial release amount at cliff date (for startup vesting).
- Data from these features are validated at DApp and Smart Contract, hence minimizing human risk and improving security.
How we built it
- List item
Use Case Diagram We divided our journey into 3 phases: Build Smart Contracts, Build DApp and Deploy & Debug. To build Smart Contracts, we use:
Solidity version 0.8.0
Smart Contracts Use map: Smart Contracts Use map
Our tech stack:
- NextJS 12 and React 17
- Shopify Polaris: a React UI component suitable for building admin apps.
- ChartJS to build reports on the dashboard.
- Moment JS to process stream time on the Frontend and contribute to data reporting.
- Mongo Atlas DB to store Recipient’s extra information because storing unnecessary information on-chain will increase fee when creating streams and sometimes exceed the logic limit of a Solidity Smart Contract.
- Tron Scan public API to collect user’s token balance on registered wallet address.
- Diadata (Oracle) public API with coinmarketcap as the data source to collect information about TRX to USD price, thus providing an insightful display for users.
- To deploy Smart Contracts on Testnet, we use TronBox, TronIDE and TronScan to deploy and debug Smart Contracts.
Accomplishments that we’re proud of
- Build a Money Streaming protocol on a new platform and support all tokens available on TronLink.
- Overcome technical challenges to accomplish goals.
- Develop technical functions so that users on TRON, BNB Chain, Evmos, and Polygon Network can pay, receive and vest tokens easily.
- Gain a lot of in-depth knowledge about blockchain and finance.
- BNB Chain Web3 Stars Accelerator (Vietnam): Top 10 Winners
- Mentioned as the “Top of mind” Impressive Project by 2 Panelists in the DraperU x Neo | Web3 Startups Showcase
- Listed in the Honorable Mention projects from EVMOS Momentum Hackathon.
- Built a strong community with 10k+ members in different channels
What’s next for Calamus Finance - Money Streaming on TRON
- Go live on TRON and BNB Chain Mainnet.
- Multisig Wallet
- Raise Fund - Seed round
- Enhance UI/UX
- Integrate Invoice-related features when creating a stream.
- Improve admin tools and interface to become a professional payment platform.
- Develop API for Developers to easily interact with our data.
- Integrate with more wallets, opening more choices for users.
- Issue tokens and set up tokenomics for Calamus Finance