Project Name: Calamus Finance - Money Streaming on TRON
Project Track: Web3
Team Name: Calamus Labs
Team Member(s): 3 Team Members
DevPost URL: Calamus Finance - Money Streaming on TRON | Devpost
Project Goal: Become a decentralized crypto streaming platform on TRON - Automate real-time salary, startup vesting or any transactions with enhanced security and transparency.
Introduction video: Calamus Finance on Vimeo
Currently, many platforms support payments with fiat money, which could be used for investing, payroll, purchases, etc. Nevertheless, these platforms encounter several shortcomings, including:
- Most platforms do not allow periodic automation of payments. Instead, users must manually transfer the money when the work is done.
- Workers always stand a risk of wage theft.
- Labour hirers might risk low-quality work, for example, if payment is made in advance.
- Workers have to wait for a specific date to receive/use the money, usually every month or after the contract ends.
- Most platforms do not support payment with tokens.
Thus, to solve these issues, we have made use of blockchain and (the application of) tokens to create the very first crypto streaming protocol on TRON.
We choose TRON because it is a comprehensive platform with TVM (highly compatible with EVM); thus, we can save time for R&D and focus more on building features instead.
Calamus Finance is a decentralized crypto streaming protocol that allows people to send/receive payments on any time basis and vest tokens automatically.
Project Repo/Website: https://app.calamus.finance/
- Payroll: Pay your employees by the second easily. Company will have full control over frequency, liquidity amount, and duration. Cancellation is possible at any time by the payer and/or payee.
- Token Vesting: Reward your team, advisors and investors with tokens automatically without any fear of foul-play
- Multisig wallet: Wallet is owned by many people and transactions are only made under agreements from multiple owners. This feature is currently built to assist the “Token Vesting” function and will be further developed to perform more functions.
How we built it
- Use Solidity version 0.8.0
- Use OpenZeppelin library: Address, IERC20, SafeERC20, ReentrancyGuard.
- Use CarefulMath with references from Sablier.finance and Compound.finance
- Include most important smart contract: Calamus.
Our next steps:
- Go live on TRON mainnet.
- Multisig Wallet
- Integrate Invoice-related features when creating steam.
- Improve admin tools and interface to become a professional payment platform.
- Develop API for Developers to easily interact with our data.
- Multi-chain options
- Integrate with more wallets, opening more choices for users.
- Issue tokens and set up tokenomics for Calamus Finance