Calamus Finance - Money Streaming on TRON

Project Name: Calamus Finance - Money Streaming on TRON
Project Track: Web3
Team Name: Calamus Labs
Team Member(s): 3 Team Members
DevPost URL: Calamus Finance - Money Streaming on TRON | Devpost
Project Goal: Become a decentralized crypto streaming platform on TRON - Automate real-time salary, startup vesting or any transactions with enhanced security and transparency.

Introduction video: Calamus Finance on Vimeo

Project Info:
Currently, many platforms support payments with fiat money, which could be used for investing, payroll, purchases, etc. Nevertheless, these platforms encounter several shortcomings, including:

• Most platforms do not allow periodic automation of payments. Instead, users must manually transfer the money when the work is done.
  • Workers always stand a risk of wage theft.
  • Labour hirers might risk low-quality work, for example, if payment is made in advance.
  • Workers have to wait for a specific date to receive/use the money, usually every month or after the contract ends.
  • Most platforms do not support payment with tokens.

Thus, to solve these issues, we have made use of blockchain and (the application of) tokens to create the very first crypto streaming protocol on TRON.

We choose TRON because it is a comprehensive platform with TVM (highly compatible with EVM); thus, we can save time for R&D and focus more on building features instead.

Calamus Finance is a decentralized crypto streaming protocol that allows people to send/receive payments on any time basis and vest tokens automatically.

Project Repo/Website: https://app.calamus.finance/
Project Details:
Main functions:

• Payroll: Pay your employees by the second easily. Company will have full control over frequency, liquidity amount, and duration. Cancellation is possible at any time by the payer and/or payee.
  • Token Vesting: Reward your team, advisors and investors with tokens automatically without any fear of foul-play
  • Multisig wallet: Wallet is owned by many people and transactions are only made under agreements from multiple owners. This feature is currently built to assist the “Token Vesting” function and will be further developed to perform more functions.

How we built it

Our next steps:

• Go live on TRON mainnet.
  • Multisig Wallet
  • Integrate Invoice-related features when creating steam.
  • Improve admin tools and interface to become a professional payment platform.
  • Develop API for Developers to easily interact with our data.
  • Multi-chain options
  • Integrate with more wallets, opening more choices for users.
  • Issue tokens and set up tokenomics for Calamus Finance
20 Likes

How will you go about finding DAOs or users to use your product?

3 Likes

Hi, finding DAOs is one of our long-term strategies. Still, for the moment, we are focusing on developing the product and building communities on Discord, Telegram and Twitter, from which we will attract customers to use the product.

2 Likes

Don’t forget you have I think less than 8 days to submit a devpost to officially be entered into the Hackathon.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the reminder. Cheers.

Hi all, I have updated the Devpost link and some illustrating diagrams. Please feel free to have a look and express your opinion/concern. We are all ears!

1 Like

We have updated our tech stack. Let’s have a look!

1 Like

Money streaming? Sounds fantastic. Can I pay my subscription with this one?

2 Likes

Hi @amber, thanks for visiting. Definitely! You can have full control over your subscription on Calamus Finance. Cancellation is possible at any time. I hope you can give it a try at: app.calamus.finance (TRON Nile Testnet) and let us know your feedback on our Discord community (Calamus Finance)

3 Likes

Tested. So far so good, I have chatted on the Feedback channel, have a look :blush:

2 Likes

wow, this would keep transactions in control, nice project :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, @Amelia. Let’s get in touch with our Twitter to receive the first update on progress: https://twitter.com/CalamusFinance :raised_hands:

1 Like

This is awesome, there is similar protocol on ethereum called llamapay that I use. Great that a money streaming service arrives here too

2 Likes

Wow thanks a lot for the interesting information, @klappetron :pray: May I ask which function of Llama Pay do you often use? I see they have salary and vesting functions.

2 Likes

salary! it’s nice to get streamed your salary in real time

2 Likes

Cool :raised_hands: We’re planning to go live on Tron, Polygon and Evmos mainnet. Hopefully, you can be one of our first users. Our progress is updated on Twitter (@CalamusFinance) :grin:

1 Like

hey guys! looking forward to see you guys grow!!

Thanks man @Merced2286, you too :muscle:

Any updates for TRON Mainnet?

Would love to see the community here be able to use Calamus as it was intended - Looking forward to the updates!

1 Like

Hey, thanks a lot for asking, we will be on mainnet this November :raised_hands:

You can stay updated on our Twitter and Discord here:

1 Like