Certificate of participation. Suggestion 1.0

Thank you Brother for getting to say this out.
I later understood better.

Some persons here shouldn’t be Discouraged.

I can see it’s a balanced diet that also gave you a balanced idea

1 Like

I think the best way now is to allow some great citizens on the platform to select the top 10 for the admins.

For welcoming messages even the forum gives notice when someone make his first post.I think @admin.hackathon @StevenTRON @WindsOfChange92 @EMerchant should help disable that feature. I don’t think that makes people win prizes but their active participation in the Hackatron. Last season @kaarasamuel9 was in top 10 according the algo you are talking about but didn’t make it. Can I say he was cheated if winners are mainly based on the likes you get only?

Don’t let’s make it as if the admins do not check anything and only based on algo. It is no for me, season 3 not all in top 10 according to algo made it. Season 4 too, this means admins take their time to check who really help the Hackatron.

5 Likes

Thanks you for making to clear out the misconceptions
I strongly believe aside the algorithm, the admin do have their verification too.

So one should be discouraged here.
I know of great member who have make bit a culture to keeping this forum active,
We learn, we make fun and joke.

After each Hackathon session here is lonely.
So active member here should be discouraged.

Thanks your Prince for saying this out.

2 Likes

Hahaha woy3 foo wate, ad3n na woreb) braa din saa :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Great point by the way. @kaarasamuel9 has a funeral this sunday, we are busy preparing things. Will be in charge of the drinks for him.

When he is free, i know he will surely come around

2 Likes

I get your point, :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
And welcome once again my director.

2 Likes

Have you eaten today???
I recommend some puffpuff and beans stew.

Lols.
Oh my goodness…
Come tell me it yummy.
Will get you feedback

:joy::joy::joy: oh no )no na metumi, nebo enfu

oh OK my condolences to him :pray:

No, that’s not what I’m saying at all. I said:

1. The idea of making such a certificate is great.

2. Some people could trick the system to be amongst the top 10 since they are chosen by an algo and the algo selection method has been explained somewhere last year (and it’s even easier since I don’t think we are more than 10 really active users but I can be wrong I didn’t count. Anyway that’s not the point).

3. The certificate should be delivered to those who propose quality over quantity.

4. Only humans can accurately judge the quality of a content so far in my opinion.

In conclusion, I think that a certificate is a good idea if it is attributed based on what admins have observed and not on what’s the algorithm has calculated.

I don’t know where you see me saying that people last seasons were just saying “welcome”. I don’t know where you see me pointing fingers at anybody.

4 Likes

You missed the point of that message. Maybe you’ll get it when the bullmarket starts to kick in again and brings with him thousands of people ready to spam messages every x minutes in order to trick the algo.

3 Likes

I knew my President would get my point.

Great project :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Ok so your point is to provide certificate to quality content providers and not all the contributor prize winners? So still think some people do not qualify to be there or you are talking about the incoming ones. If so why do you think admin will not be able to sort these out?

1 Like

From what you are saying you still doubt some of the people who made the top 10. This is what I want you to come clear. This is not the first or second you are saying this so it means you know something which is not right and you have to help us correct it. From the way top 10 is selected, it is not only based on algo and I have given an evidence that shows algo is not the only way. So you should also prove algo is the only way :joy:

3 Likes

if I thought admin couldn’t sort it out I wouldn’t advise human intervention in the first place.

About incoming hackathons you can refer to my answer to Gordian. For the moment we are about 10 participating on the forum. But that won’t last long. As the bulls come back, thousands of shillers will come back as well. And not every one has genuine intentions.

1 Like

Oh true and mostly active members you know here make the top 10

1 Like

Why do you keep saying that? I haven’t talked about past hackathons except to say that we were not more than 10 active members.

Of course every contributors deserved to be in the top 10 cause … we were not more than 10 :joy::joy::joy: who else could have been selected? But when others will come maybe none of us will be in top 10, me included.

And no you haven’t proven anything. The algo takes several things in consideration. Not just the amount of messages and likes. But I’m too lazy to find the explanations sorry :joy:

1 Like

We are more than ten during hackathons :joy::joy::joy:
who told you we are not more than 10 :joy::joy:

it’s only after hackathons