CONET project - Complete Privacy for the New Internet

Project Name: CONET Project
Project Track: Web3
Team Name: CONET team
Team Member(s): 1
HackerEarth Project Link: CONET Project - HackaTRON Season 5 - Submission | HackerEarth Hackathons
Project Goal: Provides privacy at the web3 network layer
Project Value: Decentralization of bandwidth providers and miners and the incentive mechanism of the blockchain
Project Info:
Copy of V3 CoNET Full Pitch Deck (2)-compressed.pdf (2.3 MB)

Project White Paper: CONET White Paper - CONET Project
CONET Blockchain explorer: https://scan.conet.network/
Project Website: https://www.conet.network
Project Test Instructions: Tags · CoNET-project/seguro-platform · GitHub
Project Details:

We’ve Invented A Way to Actually Anonymize The Internet.

CONET has reinvented the Internet by coming up with a censorship-resistant method of data exchange using wallet addresses instead of IP addresses.

USE WALLET ADDRESSES INSTEAD OF IP ADDRESSES

Please imagine if BitTorrent used wallet addresses rahter than IP address

CONET presents a brand new network layer for the Internet that does not use IP addresses or contain any meta data. Users no longer need to believe the service provider’s promises of privacy. This is the only routing method that enables total anonymity, privacy, and universal access.

EASY FOR USERS TO UNDERSTAND AND USE

CONET helps users avoid ubiquitous surveillance, communication filters, and big data collection, all without creating technical barriers. It will be accessible to anyone with an Internet connection. The interface is intuitive and aesthetically pleasing, removing any trade offs of previous solutions.

GOOD BEHAVIOR INCENTIVIZED BY TOKEN USAGE

Users are able to pay gas, earn rewards, delegate tokens, run nodes, and vote on governance initiatives with the CONET token. The CONET is a fair trading market for both bandwidth service provider node (miner) and end users. The quality of service is decided by users and service providers themselves, and CONET is no longer involved.

CONET Surpasses Everything Else Out There
This is a solution that can do something that TOR, NYM, dVPN, and all other solutions you’ve heard of cannot.

CONET is A Ground-Up Revamp of the Entire Privacy Market

TRUE PRIVACY

Privacy from government and corporate surveillance is becoming increasingly important to users. By abandoning cumbersome Web2 communication protocols, an innovative Web3 protocol with true privacy becomes possible.

SIMPLE USER ADOPTION

Onboarding is easy, since the platform runs in various browsers. There’s no need to install any app to get the benefit of CONET. All incoming and outgoing data will still be encrypted, making user history invisible.

EASY DEVELOPMENT

CONET has a built-in development package that allows developers to build apps for Web3.

Smart Contract links: none
Project Milestones: Web3 privacy browser uses the CONET wallet address routing network infrastructure.

9 Likes

Welcome to Season 5, interesting to see this in the web3 track. After a careful read, I see CONET is focused on revolutionizing internet privacy by utilizing wallet addresses instead of IP addresses, aiming to provide true anonymity, decentralize bandwidth providers and miners, and enhance the incentive mechanism within the blockchain in the context of Web3, their solution promises to surpass existing privacy solutions like TOR and dVPN by eliminating IP addresses and metadata from the network layer.
I’ve a question;

Can users interact with CONET across various devices seamlessly, and are there any plans to develop dedicated applications for different platforms?

1 Like

Welcome team, some people love privacy but I do not. Can you explain to me why I should use your product and why can’t be used against me ( EG: stealing from me and the scammer history will be invisible, how will I be able to trace)

1 Like

Thank you manfred_jr.
Yes, of course.

CONET will provide SDK for client like iOS and Android and SDK for server side.

Also we provide CONET platform which is single-code base PWA development environment.

It not only has a built-in wallet, also provides a set of simple calling APIs, allowing developers to develop powerful Web3 APPs in HTML and javascript environments.

Thank you Prince-Onscolo
:sweat_smile:

If Web3 wants to solve the problems of Web2 and realize the vision of web3, I think it needs to follow the “code is law” rather than the promise of Web2.

So far, blockchain has solved the asset transfer of wallet addresses, while CONET has achieved high-throughput transmission of wallet address information. Both is follow “code is law”.

Like AI, it not only threatens ordinary job opportunities, also replaces thinking at a deeper level, giving AI service providers the incentive to collect user data and predict user activities in the next hour or week through big data analysis.

But through the CONET privacy infrastructure, we can build decentralized and private AI, so that AI can drive the development of human society in a humane way.

1 Like

very good point here, you have drawn my attention to something. This is true and we should do something about it.

Conet is here to solve this?

1 Like

CONET’s vision is to solve privacy at the technology layer.
But when the SEC went the Tornado Cash development team, wallet mix technology became an untouchable line for privacy coins.
But another privacy solution for digital assets is fragmentation assets. If this were illegal, it would be illegal to get change for your $100 cash.
CONET perfectly solves the privacy of assets through CONET Lightning-MultiChain Privacy
Expansion Infrastructure.

2 Likes

Great, I am wishing you all the best and looking forward for a better project. keep building

1 Like

Thank you so much Prince-Onscolo you too.

Looks like I’ve missed something. This Hackathon is for projects built on Tron and BTTC. Looks like your entry is a L1 solution. Why presenting your blockchain to this hackathon? :thinking:

1 Like

Thank you for important point out.
The CONET project does not contribute anything to the blockchain at L1. CONET’s testnet uses AVAX’s subnet technology now. I am modifying this part to Tron and BTTC.
CONET can use its own L1 which is hard fork from someone else or be attached to other L1s.

Welcome to Hackathon season 5, your project is so amazing and educative but there are some important questions that needs your attention.

(1) In what way will CONET use wallet addresses instead of IP addresses to route data.

(2) By what means does CONET prevent IP address leakage, and also ensure that data is encrypted and secure.

(3) What are the performance and scalability implications of CONET, and how does the team plan to address the technical and business challenges associated with CONET.

(4) How does CONET compare to other privacy-preserving networking solutions, such as Tor and VPNs, and how can it be monetized

(5) How will CONET be integrated with existing web applications and protocols,and also what are the security and privacy risks.

2 Likes

Thank you for providing additional details regarding CONET’s development approach. It’s notable that CONET aims to cater to a wide audience by offering software development kits (SDKs) for both client-side (iOS and Android) and server-side. Moreover, their provision of a single-code base Progressive Web App (PWA) development environment is a strategic move, simplifying development and accessibility for developers. I’ve a few questions following your response;

How does CONET ensure the security and integrity of the SDKs for client and server-side, considering the critical role they play in the privacy-centric ecosystem?

Are there any plans to extend the supported platforms for the CONET SDKs beyond iOS and Android, such as desktop operating systems like Windows and macOS?

1 Like

Welcome to Grand Hackathon Season 5,
Which chain are you currently building on , Tron or bttc?

Is your project already up and running or still in the development stages?

1 Like

Hi it’s me again. Sorry to ask but I would like you to explain me what is the product you are building exactly for this hackathon like if I was 5 and how it will impact Tron and BTTC ecosystem. I assume most of the people here don’t understand if it’s a wallet, a dapp, a toolbox for builders,…
Please avoid technical terms as much as possible :pray:t2:

(On your graphic you wrote BTCC instead of BTTC btw).

Thank!

1 Like

Since you have been working on it for a while I understand it’s not easy to put it in simple words so maybe @manfred_jr who seems to understand it all can give a hand with that? :pray:t2:

1 Like

Hi Okorie
Thank you for your welcome and your profound questions.

(1) Question : In what way will CONET use wallet addresses instead of IP addresses to route data.
Answer: The difference between CONET and TCP/IP routing is that the wallet address is recorded on the chain, no need to broadcast routing.

(2) Question : By what means does CONET prevent IP address leakage, and also ensure that data is encrypted and secure.
Answer: The CONET routing network only recognizes ciphertext packets without any metadata and rejects any other form.

The node can “peep into” public key used encrypted the ciphertext through the asymmetric encryption side channel leak. Then node forward to destination of this ciphertext (public key).
Users and server use the entry node to access the node where the agent receives the ciphertext to hide IP address.
For more detail please read this article.

(3) Question: What are the performance and scalability implications of CONET, and how does the team plan to address the technical and business challenges associated with CONET.
Answer: Good question.
Because CONET network communication uses the HTML protocol, it does not have its own unique protocol. Such traffic obfuscation technology can avoid deep packet inspection and machine learning type network monitoring. Several Tor extensions use this technology.
But this also brings about performance concerns, such as how high-performance UDP packets are loaded in the application layer of the network model.
We are currently a very small team and are not yet capable of taking this into account, but we will always keep it in mind and we have noticed several papers talking about solutions.

(4) Question: How does CONET compare to other privacy-preserving networking solutions, such as Tor and VPNs, and how can it be monetized
Answer: Other privacy-enhancing tools are great too like VPN, Tor and others.
But they are all at the TCP/IP layer, protecting client privacy by replacing IP addresses. But CONET directly uses the wallet address, leaving the IP address conversion layer to consider solutions. So CONET brings the perfect solution to make servers anonymous.
CONET regards routing network miners as decentralized cloud service providers. They not only provide bandwidth, also provides storage, SaaS, cloud computing, TEEs based on WebAssembly (Trusted execution environments) etc. CONET wants to build it into a decentralized free cloud market for fair trade based on stablecoin.

(5) Question: How will CONET be integrated with existing web applications and protocols, and also what are the security and privacy risks.
Answer: CONET provide CONET platform which is single-code base PWA development environment. And an app store based on decentralization. We hope developers can freely develop with their own creative passion. No need to be locked up by the censorship mechanisms of centralized app stores.

1 Like

Yes, that is very important. We public all codes of CONET project on Github. We hope to attract more creative and smart developers to work together to complete the construction of CONET.
Of course.
I missed the description of SDK in other OS, sorry for that. We worked with a company to co-develop the SDK because they wanted to move their server into Web3 wallet address network.

Thank you Nweke-nature1.com.
We have currently established a test network based on AVAX’s Subnet. Deployed 50 relay nodes. we have developed a web3 privacy browser and an IM chat under development.Use wallet address network to obtain user privacy and anonymity.

1 Like

Thank you for reminding. I will fix it
You gave me an inspiration. I want to bring the BT network into CONET and let users replace their exposed personal IP addresses with their wallet addresses. Is this a good idea?

1 Like