Gitchain - Fire Your Boss and Forge Your Path

Project Name: Gitchain

Project Track: Web3

Team Name: Gitchain

Team Member(s): 1 @sebastianDAO

HackerEarth Project Link: Gitchain hackerearth submisson

Project Goal: Provide the global workforce with an innovate decentralized alternative that leaves behind the current industry limitations of corporate centric employment.

Project Value: Gitchain is a solution to the workforce epidemic. A global poll conducted by Gallup uncovered that out of the world’s one billion full-time workers, 85% (or 850 million) are unhappy at their jobs. By providing a solution that answers the dissatisfactions of those 850 million people, the potential to introduce an influx of new users to the blockchain ecosystem is extensive. Built with technologies such as TRX, Gitcoin and smart contracts, Gitchain is a DAO agnostic DApp that propagates the use of blockchain innovation to anyone in the software industry (and eventually the general workforce) looking for employment alternatives, regardless of previous Web3 experience.

Project Info: https://vimeo.com/871657747/488b0c8546?share=copy)
Project Website:frowning:GitHub - sebastianbarkan/Gitchain: A DApp that offers DAOs a full framework for on-chain work)
Project Test Instructions: coming soon…
Project Details: DAPP for on chain work that lets you circumvent the corporate industry
Smart Contract links: coming soon…

Project Milestones:

1. Setup Project Infrastructure:
  • Connect Gitcoin passport API.
  • Code the DApp skeleton and routing using React and TronLink.
  • Create the initial smart contract implementations.
  • Setup a DAO for testing on Aragon.
  • Setup tronweb
  • Setup TRX testnet integration and wallet connection.
  • Define clear requirements and objectives for the application.
  • Design the UI/UX for the DApp.
  • Setup the AI test automation for submitted contributions
  1. Integrate Components:
  • Test smart contracts and ensure intended functionality with TronBox.
  • Connect the smart contracts to interface with the React and TronLink pages.
  • Integrate Gitcoin passport verification into the user flow.
  • Integrate TRX wallet connection into the user flow.
  • Connect the AI test automation into the user attestation flow
  1. Deploy on Shasta Testnet:
  • Do final testing for all components and functionality.
  • Deploy on Shasta.
  • Test functionalities and integration with the test DAO made on Aragon.
  • Identify and fix any bugs or issues found during Shasta testing.
  1. Deploy on Mainnet:
  • Do thorough final testing on Shasta for all functionalities.
  • Deploy to TRON Mainnet.
  • Monitor the DApp’s performance and user interactions post-deployment.
5 Likes

Welcome to Season 5, quite interesting to read through your buidl. I see your project leverages Web3 technologies and blockchain to address workforce dissatisfaction with traditional employment models and the goal is to provide a decentralized alternative through a DAO agnostic DApp, fostering blockchain adoption in the software industry and beyond. The project’s value proposition is quite commendable, stemming from addressing the concerns of a significant portion of the global workforce, potentially driving blockchain user growth. I’ve a few questions;

How does Gitchain ensure privacy and security for users while promoting a decentralized workforce ecosystem?

How does Gitchain plan to handle potential challenges related to scalability and user onboarding as the platform gains popularity?

3 Likes

Welcome to Hackatron S5.
I like your idea, most of us are not satisfied with our current jobs. let’s see how this can solve this. All the best

3 Likes

Hi! Thank you very much. I’m glad you found it interesting.

Just to clarify, because I know there’s still a lot of missing information, Gitchain is a DApp that provides an alternative to classic work structures by giving DAOs a complete framework for onboarding, filtering quality contributions and providing correlating payments. The first phase will be implemented solely for software developers (web2 or web3) but then will continue to expand for the general workforce. I hope that clarifies a bit more.

How does Gitchain ensure privacy and security for users while promoting a decentralized workforce ecosystem?

Gitchain combines the use of Gitcoin passport and your wallet address to ensure that your identity stays private, along with your trust level (determined by your quality submissions), so there’s never a time when you’re required or even allowed to enter personal information. With this methodology privacy and security is kept at the forefront.

How does Gitchain plan to handle potential challenges related to scalability and user onboarding as the platform gains popularity?
That’s a great question so thank you for asking. To handle potential scalability issues Gitchain plans to integrate Layer 2 solutions going forward, technologies like zkRollups and state chains will offer robust scaling abilities. In addition, along with the Layer 2 solutions, more standard optimizations such as gas fees and upgradeable contracts will allow for a seamless transition. As for user onboarding, a user-friendly interface is of upmost importance so conducting user tests and making changes accordingly will play a big role in ensuring users feel comfortable with operating on Gitchain.

I’ll be sure to add these clarifications into the submissions, if there’s any more clarifications you’re curious about then please don’t hesitate.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Thanks for your support Prince!

When I submit the project I’d love for you to test it out and give me your thoughts.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Thank you for the additional clarification regarding Gitchain’s objectives and approach. It’s indeed fascinating how Gitchain aims to disrupt traditional work structures and provide a comprehensive framework for decentralized work organization.

Regarding privacy and security, the integration of Gitcoin passport and wallet addresses to maintain user anonymity and trust levels is a solid approach. Are there any specific measures in place to prevent potential identity-related risks or data breaches within the platform?

Your emphasis on user-friendly interfaces and conducting user tests is commendable. Could you share any specific insights or feedback received from potential users during these testing phases that influenced the design or functionality of Gitchain?

Thank you, and looking forward to learning more about Gitchain’s progress and developments!

1 Like

Hi,
Going to ask the same question to all the new participants: how have you heard about Tron Hackathon and have you participated in a hackathon previously?

About your dapp: why Tron and not BTTC?

1 Like

Yea thanks, I think the potential is great for a DApp like Gitchain to be useful for job searchers while also onboarding a huge amount of new blockchain users.

Are there any specific measures in place to prevent potential identity-related risks or data breaches within the platform?

Our current measures are storing the necessary information to persist trust levels and contributions on-chain, this was designed purposefully for the duality of providing a transparent solution, but also one that’s not easily susceptible to breaches. Additionally, while there’s limited time for this submission, regardless of any outcome, Gitchain plans to continue developing and that includes security audits to ensure the smart contracts and transactions being implemented aren’t vulnerable.

Could you share any specific insights or feedback received from potential users during these testing phases that influenced the design or functionality of Gitchain?

I’m a developer by trade and have spent time building a number of other applications, from that there are many patterns and strategies to ensure a user-friendly interface. Mainly, intuitive design, responsive design and easy navigation. Gitchain has been constructed with these methodologies in mind and so has inherently been built with user’s experience at the forefront. Furthermore, as additional reassurance of the user experience and design, a designer I frequently work with has been contracted to provide me an audit and further critiques for me to improve upon. I’m excited to share the project so that you can test it and give your thoughts as well.

I’m always open to questions,

Cheers.

Hi,

how have you heard about Tron Hackathon and have you participated in a hackathon previously?

I heard about TRON from two places, the first time was a friend who’s a long time TRON hacker and has competed in a number of the previous competitions. The second time was at another recent hackathon and one of the teammates I met there told me he previously worked for TRON and said I should build something for it. As I just mentioned I have competed before, my last hackathon was in Austin for the Permissionless 2 hackathon, I had a great time buidling and I can’t get enough haha.

About your dapp: why Tron and not BTTC?

A big focus of Gitchain is to keep user experience and onboarding as a priority, this is because the demographic being served is so vast, and consequently, a number of them will be new to the blockchain ecosystem. With both TRON and BTTC EVM compatible, other metrics were looked at for the deciding factor, and what ultimately drove GItchain to TRON was the mature and expansive community. With the amount of participants in the TRON community, releasing Gitchain on it initially is the best option for adoption to retrieve user feedback and understand the necessary iterations needed. While the initial release will be TRON centric, the roadmap for Gitchain includes eventually expanding to all TVM and EVM compatible options.

Hopefully that was sufficient explanation but don’t hesitate if there’s anything else you’re curious about.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Yep thanks for the explanation.
Glad that builders spread the word about this hackathon to other builders. Let’s keep growing :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Thank you for providing further insights into Gitchain’s security measures and development process, particularly the emphasis on transparency while maintaining resilience against breaches. Security audits are a crucial step to ensure the robustness and safety of the smart contracts and transactions within the platform.

Given your background as a developer and the integration of best practices in user interface design, it’s reassuring to know that Gitchain prioritizes intuitive and responsive design, ensuring a user-friendly experience. Involving a professional designer for an audit is an excellent approach to refine the user interface further. Is there any specific aspect of the design that you believe has particularly stood out and resonated well with potential users during the testing phases?

As Gitchain expands beyond software developers to a broader audience, has there been any consideration for localization or multilingual support to cater to a diverse user base?

Thank you for the opportunity to test Gitchain; I look forward to experiencing the platform and providing valuable feedback to contribute to its improvement. Wishing you the best of luck in the TRON Hackathon!

I appreciate your continuous feedback.

Is there any specific aspect of the design that you believe has particularly stood out and resonated well with potential users during the testing phases?

Certainly! A feature that had definitely stood out is the automatic processing of your skills which works by taking a GitHub you securely connect, then analyses all your past contributions to get a distribution of the most used software languages that you code with. After running this analysis, this language distribution along with your trust level is used to provide the job searcher with a specifically curated result page of possible jobs their eligible for. This is a huge improvement, not only for user experience on our site, but an innovation to today’s classic job boards where you have to do manual searching, then spend a good amount of time filling out an application that you’re likely to be rejected for. With Gitchain you’re provided a curated list based on the criteria discussed above, and then able to start working immediately, have your work verified and then get paid, all through Gitchain’s encompassing solution.

As Gitchain expands beyond software developers to a broader audience, has there been any consideration for localization or multilingual support to cater to a diverse user base?

You’re correct in that this will be a vital feature for Gitchain’s expansion, it’s a feature that is necessary for global adoption so needless to say, it’s on the list of updates. While the timescale for this current submission may not allow for such multilingual support in a tested manner, I’ll try to either implement a rough version or leave it for the development that continues after submissions.

Thanks for your valuable insights!

The automatic skill analysis feature you’ve described sounds incredibly beneficial for users, streamlining the job search process and enhancing the overall user experience. Providing a curated list of job opportunities based on a user’s skills and experience can indeed revolutionize traditional job search methods.

Considering the global reach and potential of Gitchain, integrating multilingual support is a significant step toward making the platform accessible to a diverse audience. It’s great to hear that this feature is already on the roadmap for future updates. In the context of expanding to a broader audience, has there been any exploration into tailoring the platform to accommodate various job market dynamics or specific requirements in different regions or industries?

Given your intention to continue development beyond the current submission, do you have a vision for how Gitchain might evolve over the next year or two, both in terms of features and community engagement strategies?

Moreover, in the long term, do you foresee potential partnerships or collaborations with educational institutions to facilitate seamless transitions for students or recent graduates into the workforce through Gitchain?

Thank you for sharing these insights, and I’m eager to explore Gitchain and provide feedback to contribute to its growth and success. Wishing you the best in your development endeavors!

1 Like

has there been any exploration into tailoring the platform to accommodate various job market dynamics or specific requirements in different regions or industries?

While there hasn’t been direct exploration due to the focus of implementing the main features for the upcoming submission, there’s certainly huge potential to accommodate various job markets, one option to explore could be sector-dependent trust levels, where you can have a trust level for psychology or mathematics or even cooking. On top of that, you could even further abstract the trust level to be geography or subset dependent of the overarching trust level, so you could have a Pilot trust level for example, and then subset for the planes you’re qualified to fly. So, there’s a lot of interesting applications that Gitchain has the ability to implement, I thank you for consistently asking these thought-provoking questions.

Given your intention to continue development beyond the current submission, do you have a vision for how Gitchain might evolve over the next year or two, both in terms of features and community engagement strategies?

My long-term vision is to apply systems that would allow everyone in the workforce to utilize Gitchain, right now it’s customized for software developers for the initial release, but if trust methods can be established across most careers, that is the goal. I’m hopeful because Gitchain is built for the DAO ecosystem and there’s continuous development in the industry that has direct relevance with Gitchain’s ability to provide such features. For example, if there’s a DAO that figure’s out seamless decentralized coordination and governance for professions done offline, for example food delivery, that would be an integration Gitchain could immediately adopt and expand the potential userbase for. So Gitchain and the DAO industry will have a symbiotic relationship that promotes each other’s growth.

Moreover, in the long term, do you foresee potential partnerships or collaborations with educational institutions to facilitate seamless transitions for students or recent graduates into the workforce through Gitchain?

This would be an ideal situation once trust is established and the utility of blockchain becomes more widely recognized. I can definitely see some awesome integrations going down the educational collaboration pathway, for example, Gitchain could offer a set trust level for anyone with specific degrees or credentials. Again, thank you for asking these interesting questions because it’s greatly helping brainstorm creative decisions going forward!

2 Likes

We were wondering about the second question too. The quality of the comments you give to questions about your project is on point every time. You explain it concisely with simple words without beating around the bush. We hope you continue like this. Wish you luck.

Thank you for providing such comprehensive insights into the potential future developments of Gitchain. The concept of sector-dependent trust levels and the ability to abstract trust levels to subsets based on geography or specific subsets within a career is intriguing and could significantly enhance Gitchain’s adaptability across various job markets.

Expanding Gitchain’s utility to include diverse professions and seamlessly integrating with evolving DAO ecosystems is an exciting vision. The idea of integrating with DAOs that focus on offline professions like food delivery showcases the adaptability and versatility of Gitchain, reflecting the symbiotic relationship with the growing DAO industry.

Considering the potential for collaboration with educational institutions, offering predefined trust levels based on degrees or credentials could indeed facilitate smoother transitions for students and recent graduates into the workforce. It’s great to see how you’re envisioning the platform to have a positive impact on workforce dynamics.

In light of this long-term vision, how do you plan to engage with and gather insights from various communities to ensure Gitchain’s continuous evolution aligns with their needs and expectations?

Additionally, as the platform expands to accommodate diverse professions, have there been considerations regarding specific mechanisms to verify and validate skills for professions that may not have easily quantifiable contributions, similar to software development?

Thank you for sharing your vision, and I’m eager to witness how Gitchain progresses and makes strides in revolutionizing the world of work and decentralized coordination. Best of luck with your ongoing development efforts!

1 Like

Greetings @sebastianDAO ! Your project seems to be missing details on:

Project Info:
Project Website:
Project Test Instructions:
Project Details:
Smart Contract Links:

Please add them to your project. Thank you!