NRG & Community DAO - By TronNinjas Team

Nice a great and original idea I like it!
Got a couple of questions about it.

1. What will happen with the accumulated voting rewards will these also be paid back to suppliers?

2. Lately the energy market is very quiet it has peaks of usage during hypes. But overall there ain’t many orders. At those times the trx will be collecting nothing and users won’t receive anything correct?

3. The 40% fee why has there been chosen for such high number? There are automated options for tronics which demand a lower fee. So why would we choose NRG instead?

Thanks guys :pray:

8 Likes

Hey, Dendorion thank you for your questions. Let me see if I can help answer them for you.

1. Unfortunately voting via smart contract is not possible as I am sure you can imagine this would not be very democratic, so there are no voting rewards available.

2. Yes you are correct during these times when there is no demand then there is nothing to share.

3. When creating the project we looked at the industry standard and found that with other mass rental systems the % offered is actually less then NRG offers.
    You are correct there are offerings that single users can use to create deals between each other and this will not change that. However, this is limited to finding the peers yourself to deal with. That side of the energy rental market we feel will not be affected nor is it our target. NRG’s target audience is anyone who wants to rent energy, the type of providers it targets are smallholders who wish to make some commission. Our system allows them to pool together, without having to worry about marketing and finding a source of users.

To answer your questions on the %, of course as with everything there are costs for running, Development, marketing and maintenance of the system for this 20% go to the team. 10% will be in the future (End of Q4 2022) be sent to a community DAO which will allow users to vote on funding on community projects. The final 10% goes to the TronNinja staking. If you compare this will some current mass energy systems that take 45%+ we feel it is fair and also goes towards supporting new starts ups on Tron. I am sure you know how difficult it can be for a project to get started. Funding is the biggest barrier. We hope this system can in some way support small start-ups on Tron for years to come.

Thank you for your questions.

Mo

7 Likes

Thanks for your answers Mo clears up allot already :pray:

Wish it was possible to receive voting rewards as for me personal it would make it more attractive. Maybe one day you guys find a way :muscle:

8 Likes

I have been thinking about this alot. I am not sure if that feature would/could be added to the TVM in the future. However, if it was, would it be fair? I mean voting is a democratic process afterall, if one system controlled many votes. Maybe bad actors could somehow use it to swing votes in their favour.

It’s a bit of a quandary, part of me wishs it was possible, while another part of me is concerned about the ramifications. It is for sure a problem and we love solving problems.

7 Likes

Lovely and great ideal.
Hope this will curb delayed energy renting and delivery!.

I got a big question?

How do you intend to compensate the little energy provider guys?

Because your project seem to a displacement to their job.

3 Likes

Hi, thank you for your interest in our project. Let me try and address your question. Firstly I would have to try and define “little energy providers”;

Tiny providers: less than 100k energy

Small: Has little energy to sell – 100-200k

Medium: Has between 200k up to 1 million energy spare

Large: 1 million plus.

Ok, now we have defined it, we can break down what the market looks like at the moment.
Tiny providers currently have no market for which that can provide energy. Here, using NRG would allow people to pool their resources to create a viable amount of energy to rent to others.

Small providers may have a relationship made with users. This requires trust and is a relationship built over time. Their pool is limited.

Medium providers: Again, they have maybe built up relationships over time and can often use bots that have been made like the one @CryptoRhino made, which was the first of its kind on Tron. Again this requires that there is a level of trust between the users.
Large providers: Can often use systems that exist or bots with users they have built up trust and relationships with over time.

Providers within NRG will receive 60% of rental fees. With current systems, you have to be quick off the mark to get the order, which is not always possible. NRG provides an automated decentralised system that allows anyone to pool their resources. So for Tiny providers now, even they can become providers. Small providers who may have deals in place can continue to do so. However, there will be times they will wish to use NRG; the same applies to medium and large. However, their market size is limited due to the trust required to build over time and find the users who want energy. NRG provides a one-stop trustless shop.
I don’t believe little energy providers will be displaced at all.

They may wish to continue to market and provide via their usual channels, or they may want to take advantage of the marketing that will come with using NRG.

However, what we do have now is a solution for tiny providers who have never really been able to rent energy. They can now pool together in a decentralised way. Of course, this does not mean that small, medium or large cannot use the system.

Each person will have their preference.

I appreciate your support.

5 Likes

Such a lovely piece you put up there,

First, I got to learn the small, Medium and large provider.

Good also that you identified that the former energy provider are based on trust over time.

I love your concept of making provider get 60% of Their rental fees… hope I’m correct?.

The most striking importance here
Is the DECENTRALISED SYSTEM… WHERE ISSUES OF TRUST IS TOTALLY SOLVED.

THANK FOR THE KIND REPLY AND ANSWER.
I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TIME

7 Likes

Hey guys!
Great idea - I had very similar concept. But you guys have done the work and have something running. Good work!

5 Likes

This is why I plan on using NRG. As a little Tron guppy I like the idea of providing energy but don’t have the time nor motivation to market and manage it myself.

3 Likes

Thank you all for taking an interest in NRG, remember to vote for your favorite Tron projects when this starts tomorrow. I believe you can vote for up to three projects in each category and we would like you to use all your votes as there are so many great projects joining this season.

2 Likes

Congratsnon the entry guys! Seems like a pretty awesome service for energy providers

4 Likes

I can not wait to use NRG!! :fire: good luck, mates!!

6 Likes

Keen to use this. keep it up team

2 Likes

Are there plans to add a “bulk buy” option? For example, I want to rent 450,000 energy between 2 wallets. 300k for #1 and 150k for #2. Currently there doesn’t appear to be a way for me to use NRG for the needs of the 2nd wallet in this scenario.

3 Likes

At the moment this is not a feature that will be live in the first version. But it’s a great idea so i will bring it on to the rest of the team so we can maybe implement it in another version.

1 Like

All the best TronNinjas …. Good luck :fire::fire::fire:

4 Likes

Thank you, will need it as there are so many great project this season :relaxed:

2 Likes

Where can I vote for TronNinjas ?

1 Like

You can vote for TronNinjas #G13 under the GameFi section, and for our energy service “NRG” #W26 under the web3 section following this link

https://forum.trondao.org/t/hackathon-2022-s2-vote-for-your-favorite-projects-here/5027/6

2 Likes

Noted…… go go go TronNinjas :muscle::muscle::muscle:

5 Likes