One more day to milestone 2 ✅

Congrats to all projects that have been pushed to mainNet and others still to deploy on mainNet we are almost there just one more day to go. @EMerchant was kindly able to explain the milestone system to me aI was able to understand it clearly
But I would us as a community to have an open discussion about the milestone system in general for season 5 to see if there could be any improvements that could be made to help the community experience @Prince-Onscolo @Nana66419 @HODL @Nweke-nature1.com @antonio @Darkness @Gordian @maaz @admin.hackathon @StevenTRON
@fabsltsa

9 Likes

I think this was introduced to check the progress of hackathon winners. Our previous, we has some teams abandoning their project after winning. But with this, at least you will have a working product on MainNet before getting your prize.

5 Likes

Hello buddy, yes just few hours to go
To the Mainnet, each of the winning project are doing their best to get there before the dateline.

For this milestone system, which makes a project serious
Towards building.

5 Likes

Under this thread I would also like raise attention to what I observed over the past days where @maaz and @saadabban76 complained about not receiving their respective forms for payment. I would like to suggest to @admin.hackathon for a more transparent process where all prize winners are carried along from stage to stage so no one is left behind in the process. I feel this will be a step forward in the right direction and would significantly aid newcomers to the process

4 Likes

with this, its better to follow up from the admins privately or from other winners. It maybe like none has received any form or some have but theirs were oversight. You confirm first

3 Likes

Okay thank you @Prince-Onscolo from your explanation I completely understand why the current system is in place. But I would like to add that a more traditional milestone system has participants achieving a certain stage and been rewarded for that stage before the participant moves to the next stage and they are rewarded for that next stage. But the current system doesn’t seem to work that way.
Because i have a friend that participated in this current hackaTron and he had issues pushing to mainNet mostly due to the fact that he didn’t have the money to perform tests on the mainNet.
To avoid issues like this I feel as the milestones have due dates, rewards for these milestones should also have due dates as well that fall in line with the milestones

2 Likes

I get it now. That was how it was supposed to be but do not know why none has received any payment. Good to bring this. @admin.hackathon @StevenTRON @WindsOfChange92 can help us understand why they did not follow the initial plan. 30% down payment and 70% after pushing your project to MainNet.

1 Like

Thanks for raising concern on this @Electijuwe @Prince-Onscolo we appreciate it :heart:

1 Like

Yes I believe it’s not fair that the initial 30% wasn’t paid to the winners as some of the winners might be first time contestant/developers who might not have enough resources to push to mainet and test, it would be nice if the tron team comes and clarify everyone

1 Like

Hola, referente a tu preocupación, este tema se habló en el anterior hackathon es debido a este motivo que se acordó abonar el premio por hitos.
La causa de esto fue que algunos proyectos ganadores, recogían el premio y el proyecto dejaba de existir, la mejor solución que se encontró fue el abono del premio de esta manera.
No obstante puedes dirigirte al @administrador para ver si puede darte otra solución.

1 Like

I didn’t catch up the whole convo yet but if I have a suggestion @tronlive @EMerchant @admin.hackathon it would be to ask every project to fill a payment form before the competition. That way, winners could get a payment few days after the voting results instead of waiting weeks or months. Cause that 30% of the prize could have been already used by the competitors to move 2 steps forward.

6 Likes

that was our mistake we registered on tron dao and dorahacks with different emailss! Thats why was creating problem for us and trondao team.But now this issue has been solved cleared Thanks to tronDao team!!

4 Likes

For some reason prizes for milestone 1 have not been distributed yet. I think TRON DAO Team will make sure that all projects get what they deserve and for projects who don’t have sufficient funds to deploy their projects on mainnet may get pass.
I agree with fabs here, that we should ask the participants to fill a payment form before the competition.

3 Likes

Community contributor winners, have you received an email about the prize or have you just received a private message included form via the forum? I didn’t get an email, but I wanted to ask if there was a problem. @TronLive , I filled out the forum in a private message you sent and I sent it. Is there anything else I should do?

4 Likes

If am not mistaking, no one has received email or payment yet

2 Likes

I’ve received an email from TRON DAO yesterday.

2 Likes