Sustainable Growth Hacks

I have held this opinion for sometime now hoping for a time when we shall discuss it in our monthly wrap that @EMerchant, if I’m not mistaken, used to host here, but since the opportunity haven’t presented itself, I think it will be best to share the idea here.

Immediately after the completion of Season 4 HackaTRON and the deadline given to winning projects to deploy their project to mainnet in order to be eligible for their prize claim, I followed and analysed this policy to know how well it will work to drive growth in the ecosystem. And to be honest, the impact wasn’t satisfactory. This policy made us ended up having more projects on mainnet with lesser engagements. Some of this projects became obsolete immediately after claiming their win prizes, though a few of them are still actively developing and kudos to them.

While pondering on how best to mitigate the issue of some developers abandoning their projects after claiming their HackaTRON prizes, even after deploying their projects to mainnet, I came up with the idea of a GROWTH TREASURY ACCOUNT

What is this Growth Treasury Account and how will it work?

This Growth Treasury Account will serve as a growth account for the Tron ecosystem. During hackathons, projects will be called up to participate and stand a chance of winning from the prize pool. And at the end of the hackathon, projects will be rewarded directly maybe 15 or 20% of their total prize while the remaining 80 or 85% will be sent to this Growth Treasury Account which a department in the Tron team will be in charge of. And from this account, any eligible projects for the prize (that is, projects that won from the hackathon) that need fund to develop their project will apply for the fund. The team in charge of the Growth Treasury Account will scrutinise and approve the request, if they think that the fund, when put into the project will add more values to the existence of the project in particular and Tron ecosystem at large. And they will follow up the utilisation of the fund.

But if they are not convinced enough on how impactful the request for fund will bring to the project, they have the right to reject the fund application.

Note: No eligible project will be allowed to request for a fund of more than 20% of their remaining prize at one point. And when requesting for another fund, you will give account on how the previous fund was utilised and how impactful it was for the project before another request of fund will be considered.

The Importance of this strategy?
It will restrict participating projects from having express control over the prize which has resulted over time, in some developers abandoning their projects after claiming their prizes.
It will also help in sustaining the live of projects in the ecosystem.
Again, it will create employment opportunities in the Tron community.
And also drive healthy competition among developers.

6 Likes

Great great point but I would like to put it this way.

From this

It won’t be fair but if they do it this way, will make it more better. First they should decide the total prize (Let’s say $500k - $100k to winners and $400k to Growth Treasury Account)

After completion of milestone you receive you share of that $100k then the growth treasury account comes in. Winners will therefore apply based on their work.

3 Likes

I go with hackathon because of it’s quick prototypes and test ideas,and also large pool of developers, and with the ability to enhance hidden talent.

2 Likes