The point of different categories

I was wondering the differences of web3 defi artistry ai categories. So one project can apply to only one section? Is it possible to develop a project with both ai and artistry for example?

9 Likes

Good question tho I think it’s increase the competition between teams to attend in some particular categories (but more than one) so it sounds like cool idea

3 Likes

A team can enter the hackaTRON with multiple projects. However, they can only participate with 1 project in each category.

2 Likes

With your question, yes you can develop a project with AI and Artistry according to your vision, but in participating in hackathons, you MUST find the most appropriate category to register your project on. If you register the project in 2 categories because it have a bit of AI and Artistry features, that will lead to automatic disqualification of your project.

3 Likes

If you create a project that is both considered artistry( NFT or GameFI components) and A.I. then you must select one category that fits best. You can not have 1 project in 2 different categories.

Also, I would recommend trying to figure out which categories in the past had less submissions or easier competition as that will increase your chances of success.

2 Likes

Please pull this comment down to avoid misleading the community

1 Like

You mean @Okorie s comment?

1 Like

@CelestialWeb yes, he meant Okorie’s comment.

1 Like

Good clarification and thanks for the details. I think it can be considered in future to join both or more categories I find my friend’s opinion quite interesting

1 Like

Yes, that was an incorrect answer that may mislead hackathon participants and lead them to disqualification

1 Like

I’m not sure this is something the team will like to consider in future hackathons because registering 1 project in 2 categories will cause a lot of confusion during hackathons. I mean, it doesn’t make sense for a project to stand the opportunity of winning twice from the same competition. It wouldn’t be fair if I participate in the hackathon with project X registered in both AI and Artistry categories. And during voting, I win first position in AI category and second position (or even first position also) in Artistry category.

4 Likes

Meh idk I’m not sure I feel like it’s more creative and proper to attend only one category and it’s also more easier to work on your project other than thinking of the process to adopt your project on second category

3 Likes

Yeah doesn’t really make sense to me

1 Like

Yeaah for me not quite easy to compete all the teams on both categories and not logical as well to compete with around 20-30 projects you can be more successful with one category :grimacing:

2 Likes