Total of Season 5 Prizes

Guys, either my math is bad or I don’t see something necessary. It’s as if the sum of the prizes is not $500,000, but $479,000. Can you check it? @Prince-Onscolo @Gordian @StevenTRON

6 Likes

Alright I will check it and see

I even got lesser than that, but I haven’t been checking previous ones too

3 Likes

What a good observations.
Let me check also to confirm

Thanks you making it know

2 Likes

Lets me reach out to my calculator I’ll be back.

1 Like

Yes, you are correct the total prize distribution sum is 475k. However, the prizes are upto 500k. So, it means the prizepool may not be distributed completely if the projects fail to meet milestones. Also, there are some other prizes in form of giveaways that are done to promote the hackathon on twitter and other platform.
Your question is genuine, and I believe someone from Tron DAO should address this so we all can get some clarity on this.

4 Likes

This is brilliant,
I understand this to be

Sum total funds budget for the Ongoing Hackathon.

Very brilliant observations

2 Likes

Buena observación, consultaré a ver en que se basa el importe inicial y porque aparece el resultante menor.
Es importante saber ese diferencial a que es debido y donde se administra, en que funciones.
Gracias, por su información.

3 Likes

Sure sure and all the publications they do may require some funds

1 Like

Thank you for the post @Jeager This is most likely due to our additional prizes such as Engagement Prizes and Contributor Prizes, but I would be happy to review :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

yeah you have to because all these prizes you mentioned have been added. I was thinking the remaining may be for promotional fees

3 Likes

The remainder are prizes for in-person hackathons being conducted on the builder TOUR in the USA. These aren’t awarded online but in-person at the events.

4 Likes

This contribute to better understanding.
In total making it up to the sum total funds
Stated in the website.

2 Likes

Oh ok, I think next time they can state it or they have but I haven’t seen it?

2 Likes

yeah, definitely. I didn’t think about that.
Thank you @StevenTRON for explaining the issue :star:

4 Likes